The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Abraxas

Think Joyce lacks the handspeed to trouble the real top level guys, but he's definitely a 'juggernaut'. Deceptive power, good workrate and just keeps pressuring.

You can tell Parker really didn't enjoy that one. Amazed he lasted that long.
Yeah but there's no guarantee the top level guys knock him out with one big shot.

Joshua and Wilder have their own weaknesses. Neither have 12 solid rounds at the pace Joyce sets. Neither like working every second of every round and both can be hurt.

There are pluses and minuses for all of them in my opinion but if they don't knock out Joyce quite quickly they're in a lot of trouble.

Deery

Dreary
You can paddle shipmate….I’ll steer :lol: :lol:

Hard to bet against a man with a head like one of those indestructible termite mounds
Only you and me know fighting then Tyson never been intimidated before

Kazi

Fury’s the only guy I’d confidently take over Joyce

Everyone else.. Joyce has a real chance

Baneofthegame

I’d pick Fury and Usyk over Joyce.

His chin, if it is actual titanium might take him past Wilder/AJ potentially.

Doracle

Doesn’t feel as though Fury ever wanted the Joshua fight. Wanted some press coverage and when Joshua called him out, he’s set a ridiculous deadline and called it off. Shame as that could still be an awesome fight.

FriedClams

Who do people think is the best modern era champion (anything this century) in terms of fighting the best opponents. Had a look at PBF record and whilst he was a decision machine, the resume is very impressive. Can’t think of a big name in his era he didn’t fight.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Who do people think is the best modern era champion (anything this century) in terms of fighting the best opponents. Had a look at PBF record and whilst he was a decision machine, the resume is very impressive. Can’t think of a big name in his era he didn’t fight.
Pretty boy Floyd ? He has great names but all picked at the right time. Same with Cancelo.

First name that comes to mind is Froch and his run in and around the super 6. Pascal - Taylor - Dirrell - Kessler - Abraham - Johnson - Ward - Bute.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Dunno how it can go ahead if true. If Eubank loses he has a ready made excuse and public will be pissed off.

ShinjiNinja26

It’s still going ahead at the moment. Had Eubank winning this anyway but if he were to lose I suppose it gives him an easy get out after saying he’d retire if Benn beats him. Now he can just say all that’s out the window as Benn cheated so it doesn’t really count.

TheReligion

Abusive
Apparently failed in September and has since tested negative.

Female fertility drug that enhances testosterone.

Statement from both promotions say the fight will go ahead.

SambaBoy

Taking clomid?

From what I remember - it's mostly used in post cycle therapy so he's been cycling something a lot stronger beforehand if true.

Smithy89

What a clown, hope Eubank smashes him even more than i originally wanted him too.

Hearn loves a juicer in his stable.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic

:lol:
:lol: Brilliant.

BBBC have forbidden the fight taking place. Unreal.
I wonder if they can just circumvent the BBBoC seeing as it's a non-title fight and get somebody else to license it like they did with Haye-Chisora all those years ago?

Feels like too big a fight to fall through at this late stage, especially when all parties want it to happen still.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Fight will happen and he'll still get smashed. Shame though , way to shit on the family name.

And what's this about a Lizzy belt custom made by the WBC for the shields fight

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Eddie Hearn trying to get the fight sanctioned by Luxembourg

This clip appears on twitter

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
:lol: Brilliant.

I wonder if they can just circumvent the BBBoC seeing as it's a non-title fight and get somebody else to license it like they did with Haye-Chisora all those years ago?

Feels like too big a fight to fall through at this late stage, especially when all parties want it to happen still.
I think they would have but time constraints mean it would probably be unlikely.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I liked Benn leading up to this but now don’t know how to feel about him. Pissed me off royally.

Pirlo'sBeard

Benn should know the dangers of boxing after his dad's fight with Gerald McClellan. Taking any banned substance for advantage is disgusting.

Deery

Dreary
What happens if Benn goes in and knocks the absolute shit outa Eubanks, everyone kinda expecting Eubanks to win would be a very dark day for boxing..