g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

The RedCafe Boxing Thread

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Zhang barely gave a feck and still won. Joyce should retire
Hopefully his friends and family will tell him to. He's 38 now and no chance of beating the best. All credit to him I could never envisage that life but just retire with your faculties and your family.

Marauder1

Supports
Ex Liverpool.Football Agnostic
Joyce seemed like he was shit scared of Zhang so he must have some power.
Yeah, he has heavy hands like Foreman did. Different type of power to say a Wilder. Think Zhang cracked Joyces jaw in the first fight and finished the job this fight. Guess that happens when your defense is using your face to block punches.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
The arrogance of Joyce before the fight. Already talking about who would be next. Completely discounting Zhang, despite getting his arse handed to him last time. That knockout was very satisfying to watch.

lsd

The Oracle
I had no idea Joyce was 38. I would wonder why he only came on the scene recently but watching that performance last night I've no idea how he managed to get this far at all

Redstain

Any fighter with the nickname juggernaut is always a risk when climbing up the levels of competition. Joyce showed he's very one dimensional, Zhang proved to be a stylistic nightmare southpaw, varies the jab and has a chin himself.

The moment I saw Joyce with the lateral movement (round 1) the fight was over, he's never been about fundamentals and moving off center to avoid the right hand did more damage than good because he couldn't punch off the angles. He's a square come forward fighter. Shouldn't have taken the re-match but Zhang is an interesting prospect would be a hard fight due to being a lefty and has punch resistance.

Outside of this it's been an outstanding year for boxing just the technical fights alone with Fulton / Inoue, Spence / Crawford, Loma / Haney, Taylor / Teofimo and upcoming Charlo / Canelo it's been the best year of fighting since the days of the fabulous 4 in my opinion.

Bondi77

Yeah, he has heavy hands like Foreman did. Different type of power to say a Wilder. Think Zhang cracked Joyces jaw in the first fight and finished the job this fight. Guess that happens when your defense is using your face to block punches.
Zhang Wilder would be tasty!

G-manc

I had no idea Joyce was 38. I would wonder why he only came on the scene recently but watching that performance last night I've no idea how he managed to get this far at all
I can’t believe he got anywhere in the amateurs with the style he has.

He’d be a fool to carry on. It’s his chin that’s got him this far and now that armour has been pierced, it will be downhill.

hodgey123

Usyk - Fury contracts are signed. Let's see if it goes all the way and the fight actually happens...

JP77

As expected and what Frank Warren said all along. Saudi were never ready to hold the right months back and Fury and co have waited it out for the huge pay day. In fairness to Frank Warren he said this all along. Saudi money has changed the game.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
As expected and what Frank Warren said all along. Saudi were never ready to hold the right months back and Fury and co have waited it out for the huge pay day. In fairness to Frank Warren he said this all along. Saudi money has changed the game.
Wasn't it Bob Arum saying this?

Either way yes - as you say fully expected and I'm surprised so many fell for it and thought this fight was actually dead in the water.

Too big a fight not to happen... way too much money involved.

lsd

The Oracle
Joshua v Wilder is off in the least surprising news ever.

There was never a chance they were really going to put Joshua in the ring with Wilder.

At this point they just need to ban heavyweight boxing as it's a total farce

M15 Red.

Manchester boxer Jordon Thompson will become a world champion tonight if he can beat Jai Opetaia for the IBF cruiserweight title. He's the underdog but hopefully he can pull off the upset.

SambaBoy

Opetaia won convincingly with a sweet KO.

Canelo also dominated and Charlo looked lost in there - claimed after the fight it was all about surviving 12 rounds rather than winning. Canelo mentioned that Crawford is not on his radar in the post fight presser.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Joshua v Wilder is off in the least surprising news ever.

There was never a chance they were really going to put Joshua in the ring with Wilder.

At this point they just need to ban heavyweight boxing as it's a total farce
Doubt Fury Uysk will go ahead.

Plastic Evra

Surely the money on the line must be too good to pass on ? Maybe Fury's biggest payday (Usyk too but that's less surprising) if all the rumours about the sort of purses the Saudi organizers would be willing to put on.

SambaBoy

Decent fight between Wood and Warrington last night. Wood managed to secure the knockout in the 7th.

Probably be the end for Warrington now at the highest level.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Decent fight between Wood and Warrington last night. Wood managed to secure the knockout in the 7th.

Probably be the end for Warrington now at the highest level.
Surprised Warrington didn’t achieve his main tactic of ‘nut the bloke into a bloody mess’

Red Rash

I really hope both Logan Paul and KSI lose. They are just insufferable. I expect Fury to beat KSI but unfortunately I don't think Danis striking is up to.scratch and will get beaten by Logan Paul.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I really hope both Logan Paul and KSI lose. They are just insufferable. I expect Fury to beat KSI but unfortunately I don't think Danis striking is up to.scratch and will get beaten by Logan Paul.
Think Tommy destroys KSI. That Logan Paul fight will be interesting. Hoping for a Danis win!

Red Rash

Think Tommy destroys KSI. That Logan Paul fight will be interesting. Hoping for a Danis win!
Yea Tommy has size, reach and experience on his side. Average boxer in the grand scheme of things but should quite easily get the job done.

Do you think there is any chance of a Danis win? His striking in Bellator looked super primitive and his training footage doesn't suggest much better. Really want him to win but I think Logan's size and power will be too much. Maybe Logan Paul gets too emotional with the stuff about his fiance?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Yea Tommy has size, reach and experience on his side. Average boxer in the grand scheme of things but should quite easily get the job done.

Do you think there is any chance of a Danis win? His striking in Bellator looked super primitive and his training footage doesn't suggest much better. Really want him to win but I think Logan's size and power will be too much. Maybe Logan Paul gets too emotional with the stuff about his fiance?
A very slim chance Danis pulls off a win. He won’t be use to a boxing fight as he comes from a MMA background.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
I believe it is the co-main.
I've heard ring walk for Fury KSI is about 10:45 so Logan Danis to start just after 10pm?
Yep, up next probably. No idea who these two guys that just fought are, but the fight was unexpectedly entertaining. Looked like the better boxer lost though but he completely forgot about his guard all of a sudden

predator

Youth NITK
Yep, up next probably. No idea who these two guys that just fought are, but the fight was unexpectedly entertaining. Looked like the better boxer lost though but he completely forgot about his guard all of a sudden
I've had this event on for the past hour and haven't paid attention any of the undercards. It's hilarious but it's interesting. The main two fights are a guilty pleasure purely because of the hatred between them.

Logan and Danis could have a great 6 rounder fight and the fans could applaud them two but there's no way they become friends or even congratulate eachother.

KSI and Fury will probably be civil to eachother after.

Mad how excited I am to watch YouTubers, celebrities boxing :lol: