Gaming The RedCafe General/Random Gaming Chat Thread

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Sounds good and just noticed it's on Gamepass. I'll give it a go when I get a bit bored of Persona 5
Don’t do what I did and go for the reset button after about two mins because It seemed sh*t … how wrong I was :lol:

Edit: Just found the soundtrack on Spotify. Some of it is lovely.

Last edited:

Moby

Dick
Started and finished Miles Morales within a couple of sittings including all the side missions. The main story was quite good and fun and enjoyed the additions in combat although there wasn't much difference as compared to the original Spiderman.

However the fact they have sold this as a separate full game is genuinely despicable.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Anyone else getting to the age where you don’t have much time for gaming anymore and feel they need to cut down on the systems they own?

just turned 40 and will be moving in with my other half next year and getting married the following year.
currently have a ps5, a series x, a rtx 3070 gaming pc, a steam deck and a 2022 iPad Pro. Sold my switch last week.

thinking of selling the ps5 because I don’t like the size/shape of it and haven’t played on it for a while and CEX are offering 465 for them at the moment. Could always borrow my brothers everytime a big game is out. Or rebuy a slim version in the future. Just wish Sony would release games on pc at same time as PlayStation.

I know having an Xbox and a pc is a bit overkill but I really like the series x console and the way smart delivery and play anywhere works.

anyone else in a similar situation, did you cut down on the amount of systems you had?
What I found out, without really thinking about it, when I bought the WiiU after a decade+ long hiatus regarding owning consoles: being able to sit on the couch / chaise lounge playing on a handheld while the lady watches some unbearable stuff on the telly in the same room is a real game changer. I also hate all that tech clutter (and clutter in general) so cutting down on systems always appeals to me - besides I personally think almost all consoles look super tacky but I admit that's subjective. Depends on your situation of course but usually you'll have less time to game anyway once you moved into one spot (+getting children eventually). So Steam deck (+ one console in your case) sounds good enough for me (I personally even want to get rid of my pc monitor).

Volumiza

Anyone else getting to the age where you don’t have much time for gaming anymore and feel they need to cut down on the systems they own?

just turned 40 and will be moving in with my other half next year and getting married the following year.
currently have a ps5, a series x, a rtx 3070 gaming pc, a steam deck and a 2022 iPad Pro. Sold my switch last week.

thinking of selling the ps5 because I don’t like the size/shape of it and haven’t played on it for a while and CEX are offering 465 for them at the moment. Could always borrow my brothers everytime a big game is out. Or rebuy a slim version in the future. Just wish Sony would release games on pc at same time as PlayStation.

I know having an Xbox and a pc is a bit overkill but I really like the series x console and the way smart delivery and play anywhere works.

anyone else in a similar situation, did you cut down on the amount of systems you had?
Been through that stage dude. Kids, Mrs and other grown up responsibilities meant proper gaming had to be largely shelved for a few years.

Now, I'm single and my kids are 18 and 15, they're almost always out now so time for gaming has increased ten fold. God of War: Ragnarock and COD MW2 are both in for some thrashing.

Not just gaming though, life gets so fecking crammed in your 30's and 40's, epsecially if you're married with kids and a job that time for fun things just gets rationed.

Now, work, rest and play balance is much better so can realistically fit mates, gym, outdoor activities and yes, gaming in and enjoy them much more.

Your time will come chap.

Volumiza

Hope you're all having fun (kinda).
I see the GOW Grinch is out to play? :)

Gaming is funny, I've got MW2 and GOW:R to play but I've ended up on a tangent playing neither :lol:

I've had Riders Republic in my wishlist for a while and it came on sale last week so I bought that. It's wicked and GOW and MW are now being largely kept at bay in favour of downhill MB'ing. Great game and one of the few that translates to being on 2 virtual wheels fun, not many bike games have done that over the years.

b82REZ

I see the GOW Grinch is out to play? :)

Gaming is funny, I've got MW2 and GOW:R to play but I've ended up on a tangent playing neither :lol:

I've had Riders Republic in my wishlist for a while and it came on sale last week so I bought that. It's wicked and GOW and MW are now being largely kept at bay in favour of downhill MB'ing. Great game and one of the few that translates to being on 2 virtual wheels fun, not many bike games have done that over the years.
I was bigging up Rider's Republic last year when it released. Not played it in months but it was really fun. I think it got an unwarranted bad rep because it was another Ubisoft open world game.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
I was finally able to delete NBA 2k mobile and F1 mobile from my iPad mini 5 for good! Also shut down the Game Center and the entire pile of additive sh*t those games come up with. Having to connect every two or three hours to claim gems, exp, etc. etc. is a delirium.

Volumiza

I was bigging up Rider's Republic last year when it released. Not played it in months but it was really fun. I think it got an unwarranted bad rep because it was another Ubisoft open world game.
Yeah, I remember your posts. I saw the trailer ages ago and as someone who loved playing SSX back in the day, RR looked great. Didn't want to spunk £60+ on it though, been burnt too many times with bike games. Videogames seem to make 2 wheels unusually tricky. Saw your comments and put it in my wishlist.

Tell you what chap, you were right! It's great fun. I like how it's essentially car handling just really softened up so you can really hoon around corners smoothly. Very well implemented handling physics.

b82REZ

Yeah, I remember your posts. I saw the trailer ages ago and as someone who loved playing SSX back in the day, RR looked great. Didn't want to spunk £60+ on it though, been burnt too many times with bike games. Videogames seem to make 2 wheels unusually tricky. Saw your comments and put it in my wishlist.

Tell you what chap, you were right! It's great fun. I like how it's essentially car handling just really softened up so you can really hoon around corners smoothly. Very well implemented handling physics.
More evidence that I should be listened to at all times on all topics.

SSX was the game I compared it to when I convinced my brother to buy it. I love the biking events the most, but all of the different vehicles are fun to use, especially the jetpacks.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I see the miserable old fecks still don't understand fun pure gameplay.

And underestimating true brilliance in games like Splatoon...get on that "kids game" and get your arses handed to you then when you realise you are way out of your depth :lol:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I see the miserable old fecks still don't understand fun pure gameplay.

And underestimating true brilliance in games like Splatoon...get on that "kids game" and get your arses handed to you then when you realise you are way out of your depth :lol:
Eh? I didn't say it as it was a bad thing, but it looks like it's a shooter aimed more towards kids than anything. Was a good idea for a game tbh.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
"Cartoony bollocks", "Kids game"

Tell me an online shooter that isn't populated by "kids". Then tell me why Nintendo games are the highest rated by publications/reviewers who happen to be adults too...
Here I can't be arsed with you, pop into every gaming thread like you're fecking IGN or something. I was asking a question about Splatoon as I couldn't remember which game it was exactly, then said the cartoony bollocks about the top games list in Japan, that's my opinion but we obviously aren't allowed opinions on here unless you say so. You're weaste and ciderman rolled into one.

Splatoon was 100% marketed towards kids at first.

Just keep strolling across the caf and pick and argument with someone who gives a feck.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Here I can't be arsed with you, pop into every gaming thread like you're fecking IGN or something. I was asking a question about Splatoon as I couldn't remember which game it was exactly, then said the cartoony bollocks about the top games list in Japan, that's my opinion but we obviously aren't allowed opinions on here unless you say so. You're weaste and ciderman rolled into one.

Just keep strolling across the caf and pick and argument with someone who gives a feck.
:lol::lol:

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Played Splatoon on the Wii U over a free trial and while certainly fun and innovative I kinda disliked that I had to look down onto the floor (or against walls) in order to paint it. May sound stupid but that made it a bit unattractive for me to play. Didn‘t help that I ditched the console shortly afterwards, anyway. My 2c.

Evil West - somebody played it already?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!

Don’t diss Nintendo games or redlambs will show up out of nowhere to wreck your head. It is known.

Ainu

Some random games I've been playing:

Hot Wheels Unleashed which was a recent monthly PS Plus title. A fun, pure arcade racer that's looks and plays really well, but ultimately falls short because it's too limited and unbalanced. It constantly throws cool new cars at you, but they're all pointless because using anything but the fastest car available to you doesn't make any sense. Easy is incredibly easy and medium is often borderline impossible with even a slightly slower car. It feels like a game that no one spent even a minute of play testing. Shame.

Lost in Random, a cool little game from the EA Originals line-up. Stylistically it's heavily inspired by Tim Burton movies, with fun characters, lots of creativity and heaps of charm. The combat relies on dice throwing and a bit of deck building. It took me about 20 hours to complete which actually felt a bit too long. For all its neat ideas, the execution lacks depth and halfway through the game you've seen it all. I still had fun finishing the story.

Now I'm about to start Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. I don't know much about it but I do know it has something of a cult following and it's supposed to be really good. This is the enhanced version but it's essentially a 10 year old game, so I'm going in expecting a slightly dated game. Let's see if it held up well.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Maybe a little bit niche but I've dug out an old hard drive and recovered most of it - remember the good old pub quiz machines?

Found a load of working ones with some emulators.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
So I decided to start Cyberpunk 2077 on the PS5 over The Witcher and I have to say I'm really into it so far. Only just got past the opening Heist mission and I guess the world has opened up to me and what a world it is. Look forward to exploring it. Throws quite a lot at you early as well and still not sure what I should be putting my XP into. Have tried to keep it fairly even with the little I've got so far.

Any obvious beginners tips from those who've played it?

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
So I decided to start Cyberpunk 2077 on the PS5 over The Witcher and I have to say I'm really into it so far. Only just got past the opening Heist mission and I guess the world has opened up to me and what a world it is. Look forward to exploring it. Throws quite a lot at you early as well and still not sure what I should be putting my XP into. Have tried to keep it fairly even with the little I've got so far.

Any obvious beginners tips from those who've played it?
Definitely master stealth and hacking if you want to be more comfortable imo.

Reactions: CassiusClaymore