Gaming The RedCafe General/Random Gaming Chat Thread

AXVnee7

Anyone else find themselves preferring to watch games on Youtube than actually play them?
Actually, sometimes I like to watch 'movies' of games on Youtube, mainly story orientated where the uploader has put all the cutscenes together making a movie, and may include key gameplay moments.

I watched the first two Arkham games this way and also Tomb Raider. On both occasions though I was about to buy the next instalment hence wanted to get up to speed without having to go through and play the previous games.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Actually, sometimes I like to watch 'movies' of games on Youtube, mainly story orientated where the uploader has put all the cutscenes together making a movie, and may include key gameplay moments.

I watched the first two Arkham games this way and also Tomb Raider. On both occasions though I was about to buy the next instalment hence wanted to get up to speed without having to go through and play the previous games.
I watched something similar recently where someone had made the Mass Effect games into a series of movies on YouTube. It's pretty good to watch like that.

AXVnee7

I watched something similar recently where someone had made the Mass Effect games into a series of movies on YouTube. It's pretty good to watch like that.
Yeah it's a nice way to revisit games that you may have played before, in preparation for the next game. Or you could just go and watch a movie for the entertainment in itself. Games these days are more cinematic than ever. I can imagine something like Uncharted would make a good 'movie'.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Just finished the last week of Emerald Nightmare/ToV for a while :drool: Feels good. Anyone looking forward to Nighthold next week?

Meller

Installing Half-Life 2 now. Haven't played it in years and since my laptop is kind of crap I thought why not. I'd still regard it as my favourite game ever but we'll see how much I like it these days!

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Installing Half-Life 2 now. Haven't played it in years and since my laptop is kind of crap I thought why not. I'd still regard it as my favourite game ever but we'll see how much I like it these days!
Played it a bit recently on my tablet(having never played it before), and it's a very good game(obviously), holds up incredibly well, not once did I feel like I was playing something out of date, or good for it's time or whatever.

Oddly enough, the controller I was using was a cheapie, that had some fairly notable deadspots in the sticks and pretty crummy feeling buttons, and whilst this made playing Doom 3 a nightmare and something I gave up quickly, I didn't much notice it at all playing Half Life 2. Controlling the car was wonky as feck, so maybe that was a controller issue.

Meller

Played it a bit recently on my tablet(having never played it before), and it's a very good game(obviously), holds up incredibly well, not once did I feel like I was playing something out of date, or good for it's time or whatever.

Oddly enough, the controller I was using was a cheapie, that had some fairly notable deadspots in the sticks and pretty crummy feeling buttons, and whilst this made playing Doom 3 a nightmare and something I gave up quickly, I didn't much notice it at all playing Half Life 2. Controlling the car was wonky as feck, so maybe that was a controller issue.
Yep I agree. The physics engine is still incredible and considering it was released in 2004, the graphics are still good.

The car is a bit crap to control in general I feel, although I do like that chapter (s?).

By the way, I used to love this comic made when Garry's mod was first released. It's the adventures of Gordon Frohman, a character that travels the same way Gordon Freeman does, just before which in a fun way "explains" why there are explosive barrels everywhere for instance. It's long but it's a fun read if anyone has missed it and likes the game.

http://www.hlcomic.com/

Err yeah annoyingly enough the only 2 comics that works are the first one and the last one, and nothing in between. That sucks was actually going to go through it again.

EDIT: Found it somewhere else! http://www.screencuisine.net/hlcomic/index.php?date=2005-05-01

Last edited:

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Just found out that one of my fav strategy games "Homeworld" 1&2 came out in a remastered edition in 2015.

I haven't played a game for years, might give this one a go though.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Just found out that one of my fav strategy games "Homeworld" 1&2 came out in a remastered edition in 2015.

I haven't played a game for years, might give this one a go though.
There's some slight changes to the mechanics that a lot of people dislike, but the soundtrack, story, and the thrill of full 360 degree tactical battles remain as fun as ever...

... Oh, and it's bloody gorgeous :drool::drool::drool: