Gaming The RedCafe General/Random Gaming Chat Thread

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
What's the pros and cons of those steam machines? Worth it? Or better just getting a gaming pc?
Got a ps4 there which is barely used.
They're just marked up custom PCs. There's zero reason to get one.

Bojan11

What's the pros and cons of those steam machines? Worth it? Or better just getting a gaming pc?
Got a ps4 there which is barely used.
Why do you want a gaming PC if the PS4 is barely used?

If you used the PS4 a lot then could see a reason why you'd want a gaming PC to improve performance of games.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
Why do you want a gaming PC if the PS4 is barely used?

If you used the PS4 a lot then could see a reason why you'd want a gaming PC to improve performance of games.
Because there aren't many games i play on it but there's quite a few games i would play if on ps4 but they're pc only.
Never got into COD etc either and the PC has a great back catalogue to choose from too.

Ainu

Just finished Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. Four year old game, but some thoughts anyway:

It felt a bit pointless to be honest. No progression in gameplay and no real way to get attached to the characters. When the defining moment hits, it did nothing for me. It just feels like a forced unhappy ending because people like to pretend that bad endings are profound. But it doesn't work when the player doesn't care. Just an exercise in futility.

Revan

Assumptionman
Just finished Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. Four year old game, but some thoughts anyway:

It felt a bit pointless to be honest. No progression in gameplay and no real way to get attached to the characters. When the defining moment hits, it did nothing for me. It just feels like a forced unhappy ending because people like to pretend that bad endings are profound. But it doesn't work when the player doesn't care. Just an exercise in futility.
Cannot disagree more. Found both the gameplay and the story very cute.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Cannot disagree more. Found both the gameplay and the story very cute.
It was alright, but...

I expected the last kid & dad to commit suicide at the end.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Still more fun than anything Naughty Dog have released since. I might pick it up, but it depends on the price, as I went through 2+3 on the Vita again a few years back.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
This year I've pretty much only played Overwatch, Football Manager and now PUBG, and I'm completely ok with this.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Tomb of Sargeras tomorrow :D Anyone else?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
If I wanted to use a Nintendo 3DS to emulate old SNES, GBA, Mega Drive etc games, is it possible, and it is easy to do? Are there any totally idiot-friendly guides?

Sweet Square

How are these kind of games deemed as entertainment? No wonder he's slowly turning into a psycho.

"Oh, looks like I'm retired." No mate, that's not the exact word you were looking for.
Yeah I don't really playing a dance game with a keyboard, it just seems very lazy. Here's well..........something

Also I already know too much about this.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Right lads, watching CS:GO the last couple days and really makes me fancy picking something like it up for consoles.

Overwatch is the big one at the minute but it doesn't appeal to me, different classes and shields and stuff just dont seem right.

Battlefield one is a possibility.

Rainbow Six Siege looks the closest to CS:GO...

Problem is I am console only, xbone or ps4. Any suggestions?

Would obviously be better if there are a few lads from here which play the game too. I havent really bothered with FPS since MW2

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah I don't really playing a dance game with a keyboard, it just seems very lazy. Here's well..........something

Also I already know too much about this.
Pretty awesome.

Osu isn't really a dance game, but it is a rhythym game...

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
That's pretty impressive. Fair play.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Would be my most wanted game. Am looking forward to RDR 2, but GTA offers more opportunity for creativity and variation.

I was playing GTA last night, and it always amazes how good it looks for a converted PS3 game. I can't wait to see what they can accomplish with a game designed from the ground up to work on the current consoles. It just sucks that they seem to release them close to the end of the current consoles lifespan. Granted, it remains an tremendous example of what can be done with the current consoles, but the result is that you are experiencing it on a system that is straining at the seams.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I just bought Outlast trinity as a payday treat £20 got me outlast 1, whistleblower and outlast 2. Should give me a couple of weeks worth of fun.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Right lads, watching CS:GO the last couple days and really makes me fancy picking something like it up for consoles.

Overwatch is the big one at the minute but it doesn't appeal to me, different classes and shields and stuff just dont seem right.

Battlefield one is a possibility.

Rainbow Six Siege looks the closest to CS:GO...

Problem is I am console only, xbone or ps4. Any suggestions?

Would obviously be better if there are a few lads from here which play the game too. I havent really bothered with FPS since MW2
Rainbow 6 and BF1 is the way forward on console atm.

Sweet Square

Pretty awesome.

Osu isn't really a dance game, but it is a rhythym game...
Stuff reminds me of the Tetris speed running, it's interesting watching someone being so good at these sort of games(Although I'm not how anyone can listen to that music for hours on end )but I also feel like a really old person because I can't stop thinking what if these people had put the hours into learning a instrument.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Hellblade is brilliant. Play it with headphones though.
It looks interesting, but also it looks fecking terrible too.

Graphically it looks stunning. Combat looks shite, and the pace looks very slow (although the pace may be a clever thing in the overall scheme of things).
Also... permadeath :o Didn't realise it had that, is that on all difficulties too?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It looks interesting, but also it looks fecking terrible too.

Graphically it looks stunning. Combat looks shite, and the pace looks very slow (although the pace may be a clever thing in the overall scheme of things).
Also... permadeath :o Didn't realise it had that, is that on all difficulties too?
Permadeath is kind of a gimmick really. It's there but realistically, it shouldn't be a factor. I think it's on all difficulties, it's kind of woven into the story, which I'm liking a lot so far (Celtic warrior/mental illness/Nordic Gods is an interesting place to go for a story). I'm still early-ish in the game.

I like the combat. It's pretty basic but there is a nice heaviness to the sword strikes. Parrying feels great.

Puzzles are a thing too. They're done pretty well so far.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Permadeath is kind of a gimmick really. It's there but realistically, it shouldn't be a factor. I think it's on all difficulties, it's kind of woven into the story, which I'm liking a lot so far (Celtic warrior/mental illness/Nordic Gods is an interesting place to go for a story). I'm still early-ish in the game.

I like the combat. It's pretty basic but there is a nice heaviness to the sword strikes. Parrying feels great.

Puzzles are a thing too. They're done pretty well so far.
I think I'm going to pick it up at some point, may way for a price drop though.

Dan

Had an email off them this morning but can't ever recall ordering from them.

The Bloody-Nine

I have ordered from them before. No email, though.

I might buy Everybody's Golf which is just out on PS4. Looks decent.