Gaming The RedCafe General/Random Gaming Chat Thread

el3mel

I discovered that I still haven't played Resdient Evil 2 remake yet as I'm not into Horror genre but decided to give it a try and it turned out great ! Even though I knew about Mr.X previously and his trigger point as the game is 1 year old now, his presence is still a very stressful experience.

He made the library puzzle an absolute nightmare, my heart was pounding so hard I could even hear it while circling around him to move the shelves I never had such experience in any video game previously. I'm just about to solve the parking garage electronic puzzle as I got the 2 parts

I don't think the game is that scary up till now but it's definitely anxiety and stress inducer. For me that's more than enough and far better than some cheap jump scares.

Art Vandelay

I discovered that I still haven't played Resdient Evil 2 remake yet as I'm not into Horror genre but decided to give it a try and it turned out great ! Even though I knew about Mr.X previously and his trigger point as the game is 1 year old now, his presence is still a very stressful experience.

He made the library puzzle an absolute nightmare, my heart was pounding so hard I could even hear it while circling around him to move the shelves I never had such experience in any video game previously. I'm just about to solve the parking garage electronic puzzle as I got the 2 parts

I don't think the game is that scary up till now but it's definitely anxiety and stress inducer. For me that's more than enough and far better than some cheap jump scares.
He does cheap jump scares too. The absolute bastard. He scared the shit out of me bursting through a wall when I thought I'd lost him upstairs. I nearly launched the controller.

el3mel

He does cheap jump scares too. The absolute bastard. He scared the shit out of me bursting through a wall when I thought I'd lost him upstairs. I nearly launched the controller.
I heard about this

Happening in the press room. However still didn't go there. Just rushed to get the second electronic part. It was obvious I'll have to open that Green key door I encountered in a hall during exploring and once I got the handle for the jack the rest was obvious.

However after I got the handle and returned to the hall to go to the library I found him immediately after me and had to do it by doing circles around the shelves, and up and down the ladders and stairs to dodge him. I had the Zombies there crawling on the ground previously but they were crawling close to the shelves. Overall, a nightmare experience.

Art Vandelay

I heard about this

Happening in the press room. However still didn't go there. Just rushed to get the second electronic part. It was obvious I'll have to open that Green key door I encountered in a hall during exploring and once I got the handle for the jack the rest was obvious.

However after I got the handle and returned to the hall to go to the library I found him immediately after me and had to do it by doing circles around the shelves, and up and down the ladders and stairs to dodge him. I had the Zombies there crawling on the ground previously but they were crawling close to the shelves. Overall, a nightmare experience.
I'm not sure if it's scripted to happen like that, but I think the AI can spawn and despawn him at times to keep him close. He tracks the sound of gunshots, if you start shooting zombies while he's on the prowl he will come to investigate.

el3mel

I'm not sure if it's scripted to happen like that, but I think the AI can spawn and despawn him at times to keep him close. He tracks the sound of gunshots, if you start shooting zombies while he's on the prowl he will come to investigate.
Most people I saw say this is rare and only happen if he's near that room. I don't think he particularly spawns as I tried following him back when he was triggered. I ran into the nearest safe room and waited there for few minutes till the footsteps disappeared then went outside and I found he was walking on the roof back into the building. I think the key is he's mostly patrolling the hall whenever he doesn't know where you're so if you make noise he can cut the distance to you easily. I think that's a pretty good design, otherwise it would be annoying if he's just spawning immediately once you make noise.

Irwin99

I've been playing the Bioshock trilogy for the first time and i'm nearing the end of Infinite and it's been a hell of a ride with both highs and lows. My immediate thoughts on the first game was that it looked beautiful but was frustrating as hell (seriously, just give me 5 damn seconds to check out the environment and immerse myself in the world without a splicer killing me). Eventually I grew to really like it and I liked 2 as well.

Not feeling Infinite as much despite it's originality and aesthetic. Maybe i'm just getting a bit fatigued now.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I've been playing the Bioshock trilogy for the first time and i'm nearing the end of Infinite and it's been a hell of a ride with both highs and lows. My immediate thoughts on the first game was that it looked beautiful but was frustrating as hell (seriously, just give me 5 damn seconds to check out the environment and immerse myself in the world without a splicer killing me). Eventually I grew to really like it and I liked 2 as well.

Not feeling Infinite as much despite it's originality and aesthetic. Maybe i'm just getting a bit fatigued now.
Nah, you got it about right.

The third one has some epic moments and Elizabeth is a treat, but it's amazing it's even half decent with how much they fecked up the development in the end.

Revan

Assumptionman
Nah, you got it about right.

The third one has some epic moments and Elizabeth is a treat, but it's amazing it's even half decent with how much they fecked up the development in the end.
It is still comfortably better than the second one, all things considered. The story has to be one of the strongest in video games.

AaronRedDevil

I'm a new fan to the yakuza series. I played Zero, when it first came out and wow, what a masterpiece of a game that is. So obviously I just couldn't stop, friend gave my yakuza kiwami 1 and 2. Both amazing, then I just skipped 3,4,5 and bought 6, loved it. I bought the collection now and I'm on yakuza 5. But I will say this. Great series, but I'm getting really fatigued playing and fighting half of japan is getting very frustrating in 5. I dont even read the text anymore. I just skip because they just talk bollocks for nothing. Cut scenes are what is carrying me on. I'm disliking 5 to be honest and I'm only on the 2nd character.

But Kiryu is my new favourite badass character and Goro Majima.

el3mel

Outer Worlds any good,guys ?
Definitely a very good RPG. Dialgoues are hilarious and made me genuinely laugh many many times. Combat is average though and the game is very easy even on normal, but it's not boring. I will say it's the kind of combat you will expect from a Fallout game for example. However dialgoues, quests branching and RPG elements should be more than enough to enjoy the ride.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Definitely a very good RPG. Dialogues are hilarious and made me genuinely laugh many many times. Combat is average though and the game is very easy even on normal, but it's not boring. I will say it's the kind of combat you will expect from a Fallout game for example. However dialogues, quests branching and RPG elements should be more than enough to enjoy the ride.
Thanks,sounds right up my street.
Been meaning to delve into a decent RPG these past few months.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I was really excited to play Outer Worlds and the first half of the gameplay was excellent. After that it got super repetitive, easy and boring. Most items you pick up are useless too. It was a good start though to the game and thankfully there was a game of the Fallout/Elder Scrolls Ilk with good dialogue again.

el3mel

I was really excited to play Outer Worlds and the first half of the gameplay was excellent. After that it got super repetitive, easy and boring. Most items you pick up are useless too. It was a good start though to the game and thankfully there was a game of the Fallout/Elder Scrolls Ilk with good dialogue again.
The game is only about 20-25 hours long even if you do majority of the side quests so I won't say it stay with you for a long time to the point of becoming repetitive. Combat is very easy though which was my main complaint during playing, as I said in my post above. Don't think they put much efforts into it.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
It's very run of the mill. You'll enjoy playing it then basically forget about it afterwards.

Irwin99

Just finished Total War Medieval 2 (for the 5th time!!!) and Shadow of the Colossus on PS4. Now moving on to The Last Guardian. I've heard it had a few technical problems on release so I hope they've patched them since.

Ainu

I feel like this social distancing is going to help me clear out some of my backlog. At least now I have an excuse to stay at home and play video games all the time.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Just finished Total War Medieval 2 (for the 5th time!!!) and Shadow of the Colossus on PS4. Now moving on to The Last Guardian. I've heard it had a few technical problems on release so I hope they've patched them since.
Any good ?
Been meaning to play it for sometime.

Irwin99

Any good ?
Been meaning to play it for sometime.
Really really good and a unique experience. For a remastered PS2 game it looks really beautiful too. It's available to download for free on the PSN at the moment.

I went into it the first time with no knowledge thinking it would be a populated open world game with lots of interactive stuff on the map....and that's not how it works. It's really desolate and haunting.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Really really good and a unique experience. For a remastered PS2 game it looks really beautiful too. It's available to download for free on the PSN at the moment.

I went into it the first time with no knowledge thinking it would be a populated open world game with lots of interactive stuff on the map....and that's not how it works. It's really desolate and haunting.

Ainu

It's not a PS2 remaster but a full on PS4 remake actually, that's why it looks so good. For a remake it's extremely faithful to the original as well.

Irwin99

It's not a PS2 remaster but a full on PS4 remake actually, that's why it looks so good. For a remake it's extremely faithful to the original as well.
gah, i can't believe I got that wrong. I came to this game very late though so that's my excuse :D It's a very impressive game and I can see why people include it in their all time faves.

el3mel

I'm playing the new Ori and will of the wisps at the moment. Needs something to relax my mind a little bit.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I'm really stuck in gaming at the moment and the timing couldn't be worse. I was browsing the PS store earlier and I just cant seem to find a game I'd enjoy.

Member 39557

Massive final fantasy sale on the switch eshop at the moment.
I've never played an FF game, which one is the best?

Vii
VIII
Ix
X/x-2
XII
Xv pocket edition

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Everyone will say 7 but you should play all of 6/7/8/9 anyway. Masterpieces. I didn't really like X but it's still a good game and XII is very underrated. Basically do yourself a favour and get them all.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Massive final fantasy sale on the switch eshop at the moment.
I've never played an FF game, which one is the best?

Vii
VIII
Ix
X/x-2
XII
Xv pocket edition
It is really subjective but I'd discount the bottom two completely. Here's a run through of what the storyline in each game is about by the developers of the games.

VII - the most famous game but graphics have aged terribly. Graphics may not be a deal breaker for you but even for those who are fine with older graphics, it kinda pushes that a bit far.
VIII - my first game, my favourite and for me has the best soundtrack of them all. Love the cut scenes and, for 9-year-old Damien, the lead up to the end of disc one was fantastic. The story does get complicated though and the Junction system (battle related) can make you super OP if utilised right. When I was young, I played it normally but have since found the crazy things that can be done with it to beat the game fast.
IX - has the 'essence' of the older FF games and out of VII, VIII and IX has the best graphics. Loved the characters.
X/X-2 - good entry into the series with graphics that are way better than any of those before it, story is straightforward compared to the previous games and the gameplay is decent. You'll also be buying two games for one.

I'd say start off with IX or X/X-2 and then go from there.

Member 39557

It is really subjective but I'd discount the bottom two completely. Here's a run through of what the storyline in each game is about by the developers of the games.

VII - the most famous game but graphics have aged terribly. Graphics may not be a deal breaker for you but even for those who are fine with older graphics, it kinda pushes that a bit far.
VIII - my first game, my favourite and for me has the best soundtrack of them all. Love the cut scenes and, for 9-year-old Damien, the lead up to the end of disc one was fantastic. The story does get complicated though and the Junction system (battle related) can make you super OP if utilised right. When I was young, I played it normally but have since found the crazy things that can be done with it to beat the game fast.
IX - has the 'essence' of the older FF games and out of VII, VIII and IX has the best graphics. Loved the characters.
X/X-2 - good entry into the series with graphics that are way better than any of those before it, story is straightforward compared to the previous games and the gameplay is decent. You'll also be buying two games for one.

I'd say start off with IX or X/X-2 and then go from there.
Thanks damo.

Member 39557

Everyone will say 7 but you should play all of 6/7/8/9 anyway. Masterpieces. I didn't really like X but it's still a good game and XII is very underrated. Basically do yourself a favour and get them all.
Not sure I'd have enough time to play them all, will read up on them and see.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Ryan Giggs Champions World Class Soccer
Team Buddies
Killer Instinct
Kirby's Dream Land
Rad Gravity

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
What sort of games do you usually like?
Honestly I've no idea. My attention span on games seems short as I've got older.

I love simple mission based with great stories like rdr2, spiderman, last of us, uncharted series etc but I've played all them. I'm not one for fantasy type, long grind games that require hours of input.

I actually downloaded a japanese game called judgment it's made by Sega it's a yakuza style game and I'm currently having fun on that.