Gaming The RedCafe General/Random Gaming Chat Thread

Deery

Dreary
It relies heavily on gear and skills, so it can be a tricky game if you're under equiped. I thought it was tedious rather than difficult, with very tanky enemies that take too long to kill. You need to play a little defensively, with lots of dodging and parrying.
Yeah, that’s exactly what am experiencing at the minute, I take so long beating on these guys and the basically take 3/4 shots to kill me then their buddies join in and you’re on a hinding to nothing.

el3mel

Yeh, I managed to pick it up on a deep sale and I wouldn't personally say its worth full price but if you can get it cheap its actually quite a unique game.
Remember our talk about Days Gone ? I found it's currently on sale on PS store for $20. Went on and bought it. :D Still haven't started playing though, but I felt it'll be hard to get it at a better sale than this.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Remember our talk about Days Gone ? I found it's currently on sale on PS store for $20. Went on and bought it. :D Still haven't started playing though, but I felt it'll be hard to get it at a better sale than this.
Yeh, that's a very reasonable price, I think you will enjoy it at least for time. Having played a little more since my last comment the story really does let it down a bit which has stopped me diving in as much as I could have but it's still fun to kill a few hours.

TrustInJanuzaj

I have just picked up Stardew Vally for £10 on steam and having an absolute blast, it's so relaxing and a great way to burn a few hours, especially after a tiring day of work.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I have just picked up Stardew Vally for £10 on steam and having an absolute blast, it's so relaxing and a great way to burn a few hours, especially after a tiring day of work.
Still can't believe how badly my thread on that game flopped. It's one of the best games this decade.

TrustInJanuzaj

Still can't believe how badly my thread on that game flopped. It's one of the best games this decade.
Well, I am firmly on board the hype wagon! The thing is I looked at it for ages undecided whether to take the plunge, the reviews are pretty much all fantastic but I just wasn't sure if the premise and the art style were for me, however, having played it I couldn't have been more wrong, it's just a really well-made game. I can also see myself getting serious longevity from it as it's surprisingly deep in its gameplay systems. For anyone wanting a really relaxing game for a bargain price, I'm putting this up there!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Well, I am firmly on board the hype wagon! The thing is I looked at it for ages undecided whether to take the plunge, the reviews are pretty much all fantastic but I just wasn't sure if the premise and the art style were for me, however, having played it I couldn't have been more wrong, it's just a really well-made game. I can also see myself getting serious longevity from it as it's surprisingly deep in its gameplay systems. For anyone wanting a really relaxing game for a bargain price, I'm putting this up there!
Indeed, it's brilliant because it is so simple. It doesn't try too hard to be something it isn't. Just a brilliant constructed light story and a lot of free reign to do what you like. I also love that the whole game was made by just one bloke in his house. Made the game, pixel art and music by himself.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Anyone know where I can download Need for Speed Underground 1 and 2, Most Wanted and Carbon?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Man, NFSU2 was the best racing game ever.

Really enjoyed the rebooted Tomb Raider from 2013. The sequel, Rise of the Tomb Raider, was decent but I played an hour of Shadow of the Tomb Raider and turned it off. Nothing changed. Same textures, same sidekick, same everything.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Yeah, I randomly stumbled upon The Fast and the Furious again and it's made me want to play Underground 1 and 2 :(

Revan

Assumptionman
Did anyone play Torment: Tides of Numenera? How does it compare with the original Torment game and with similar modern games like Pillars of Eternity?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Not the fantasy RPG type in all honesty. Mythology in games doesn't really interest me. That said I'm pretty open minded so maybe suggest a few different kinds? Sports, platform, strategy etc
I'd have a mooch in the free to play games first then, there's a few things in there which could give you a good few hours. COD Warzone is free, and a lot of fun.

Also, if your connection is upto it get ps now for a month or something, very much bang for buck tbh.

That'll be a fun start for you, I struggle when you're not into RPG/Fantasy as diablo III would have been my first recommendation and it's on sale ATM too.

Inside is a cracking little indie game, don't know what price point that is these days, although it's not massively long thinking about it.

Copa Mundial

Anyone playing Elite Dangerous? I have just purchased it and I'm finding it brutally difficult. Having read a review the game has a steep learning curve but wow, the learning curve seems vertical.

Can anyone reassure me the game will get easier and more fun if I persevere with it?

Art Vandelay

Anyone playing Elite Dangerous? I have just purchased it and I'm finding it brutally difficult. Having read a review the game has a steep learning curve but wow, the learning curve seems vertical.

Can anyone reassure me the game will get easier and more fun if I persevere with it?
It doesn't. :lol:

Well with better ships you can avoid being interdicted easier and sometimes can win fights, but if the AI decides you're dying then you're dying. You might get lucky and find a well paying job, then the AI decides you must die and there's nothing you can do about it. In the end it costs you more than you were going to make. I think it might get easier once you start getting the new upgrades they added, but I'm not sure as I can't be arsed any more.

TheReligion

Abusive
I'd have a mooch in the free to play games first then, there's a few things in there which could give you a good few hours. COD Warzone is free, and a lot of fun.

Also, if your connection is upto it get ps now for a month or something, very much bang for buck tbh.

That'll be a fun start for you, I struggle when you're not into RPG/Fantasy as diablo III would have been my first recommendation and it's on sale ATM too.

Inside is a cracking little indie game, don't know what price point that is these days, although it's not massively long thinking about it.
Thanks for taking the time. I'm only a casual gamer really as don't usually get time to put hours in. Think that's why I'm never overly keen on RPGs etc. Plus the market seems to be flooded.

Back in the day I used to enjoy Need for Speed, Gran Turismo, Football Management Sims, the odd shooter like Alien and Duke Nukem, Crash Bandicoot and CTR

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Thanks for taking the time. I'm only a casual gamer really as don't usually get time to put hours in. Think that's why I'm never overly keen on RPGs etc. Plus the market seems to be flooded.

Back in the day I used to enjoy Need for Speed, Gran Turismo, Football Management Sims, the odd shooter like Alien and Duke Nukem, Crash Bandicoot and CTR
Both CTR and Crash have been remastered, they're brilliant tbh!

Spyro has also been remastered.

The golf club 2019 isn't the greatest sports game ever but I find it perfect when I have a spare 15mins, can't blame the AI for me being shite either, it's my own fault.

You can usually get a few of the driving games on sale, also if you sign up to ps plus you can download dirt 2.0 I think it is? Not tried it myself yet but that's a cheap option (also get uncharted 4 too which is excellent)

Copa Mundial

It doesn't. :lol:

Well with better ships you can avoid being interdicted easier and sometimes can win fights, but if the AI decides you're dying then you're dying. You might get lucky and find a well paying job, then the AI decides you must die and there's nothing you can do about it. In the end it costs you more than you were going to make. I think it might get easier once you start getting the new upgrades they added, but I'm not sure as I can't be arsed any more.
Hmmm, not sure whether to invest more time or call it a day. It literally just throws you in at the deep end and hopes you can swim. I don't mind tough games but it's at least nice to know what you're supposed to be doing from the outset :houllier:

Art Vandelay

Hmmm, not sure whether to invest more time or call it a day. It literally just throws you in at the deep end and hopes you can swim. I don't mind tough games but it's at least nice to know what you're supposed to be doing from the outset :houllier:
Yeah it's a really obtuse game. It's very relaxing though when it's in it's flow. There are a few resources around the web that help out. Such as this:

https://thecakeisaliegaming.wordpress.com/2015/01/25/getting-started-in-elite-dangerous-a-guide/

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
When I split up with my ex 3ish years ago, I had to move all of my stuff back to my parents for storage. I left my Playstation One and Two with all of my games including copies of all of the Final Fantasy games which I purchased on release in the attic. Asked if they were still there today as I'm getting a bit bored and want to revisit them.

Yeah, they chucked them all out. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
When I split up with my ex 3ish years ago, I had to move all of my stuff back to my parents for storage. I left my Playstation One and Two with all of my games including copies of all of the Final Fantasy games which I purchased on release in the attic. Asked if they were still there today as I'm getting a bit bored and want to revisit them.

Is it possible to divorce your parents?

That's a bit shit.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Yeah. To be fair they took them to a charity shop so some cnut has been given the bargain of the century. Some of the copies of the PS1 FF games would go for around £50 on amazon.
I was going to say that being thrown out is the worst, but thinking of some smug git seeing those sitting on the shelf might actually be worse :lol:

Hopefully it was some little kid that got them.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce

Ah shite I was gonna say I'd happily send you the FF games I have laying around, I didn't clock they'd got rid of the consoles too. Nightmare mate!

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Just finished Spiderman on the Ps4... What a great game, tons of fun and a rare game that's actually sensible about its collectibles and in-turn fun (and easily achievable) to 100%.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
FFS I bought the Tetris Effect on the ps store fully expecting there to be a 2 player mode for me and the wife to play. Nope!

Oh well.. seems a great game to play stoned anyhows.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

My dad is a nightmare for shit like this. Big box of proper Lego from when I was a kid gone. Could've sold it or kept it for when I have kids. Actually annoys me thinking about it still.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
If anyone is hankering for a nice chill survival game I've been playing Stranded Deep for most of the day and it's pretty good. It's pretty much "Tom Hanks' Castaway The Game" it's only 15 quid too, just came out on consoles yesterday.

Deery

Dreary
Just wondering do you guys buy hard copy or download games and which is the best?

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
If anyone is hankering for a nice chill survival game I've been playing Stranded Deep for most of the day and it's pretty good. It's pretty much "Tom Hanks' Castaway The Game" it's only 15 quid too, just came out on consoles yesterday.
Hadn't heard about that but just watched the trailer and it looks cool! Might give that a go!

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Hadn't heard about that but just watched the trailer and it looks cool! Might give that a go!
It's very good, last night I ventured to another island and whilst I was setting up a camp a storm came and blew my lifeboat, which I hadn't pulled far enough up from the shore off. I didn't notice till I awoke the next day and saw it drifting upside down off in the distance.

I then got pursued by a Tiger Shark as I was trying to pull it back to shore, took me three goes to get the better of him.

There's alot of trial and error untill you find a groove, just remember to save the game each morning and you'll be fine. It's not a very hand holdy game either there's a brief tutorial to set up a camp and then it leaves you to your own devices so any questions just ask. :)