Gaming The RedCafe General/Random Gaming Chat Thread

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Is that the one where you start in London set in the past, or the slightly older one where you stealth around? I always get anything that isn't Vampire the Masquerades confused.

The only thing I really remember is being disappointed in both for different reasons.
I played through it, thought it was ok. A little clunky but the whole social stuff was interesting. I don't really remember all that much about it, I'm afraid.
It's where you play as a doctor in plague infested London who has recently become a Vampire. The combat is a bit clunky but enjoyable but what I'm liking most is the dialogue and social element. It's not a brilliant game, or anything, but liking it so far - finding it much more engrossing, for example, than Outer Worlds which I'm also playing.

My next buy will be Disco Elysium. Three dialogue heavy games in a row will be something, especially right after Sekiro :lol:

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
My mind just blanked on 11
I got that one within 2 seconds! It reminded me of when I played split screen multiplayer with my friend and that was the sound I could hear all the time from him, he was so much better than me and that sound became something to hate :)

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
It's where you play as a doctor in plague infested London who has recently become a Vampire. The combat is a bit clunky but enjoyable but what I'm liking most is the dialogue and social element. It's not a brilliant game, or anything, but liking it so far - finding it much more engrossing, for example, than Outer Worlds which I'm also playing.

My next buy will be Disco Elysium. Three dialogue heavy games in a row will be something, especially right after Sekiro :lol:
Ahh yeah, I got very bored of the combat on that one. I think even the missus didn't finish it, and she has OCD about that kind of thing :lol:

DE is great, but you underestimate it by saying it is merely heavy on the dialogue front ;)

It's the one in Spanish flu era London. What is the one where you stealth around? Vampyr is pretty much the only vampire game outside of the two Masquerade games I know of. I had decent hopes for Vampyr as it was the third game by Dontnod after Remember Me and Life is Strange which I both really enjoyed. Didn't really live up to it.
I'll try to google the name when I get a minute later. It was kind of a very weak manhunter vs vampires. I remember you start in a nightclub and the first mission is infiltrating an office. It used a version of Blink, so came after the first Dishonored IIRC.

amolbhatia50k

Ahh yeah, I got very bored of the combat on that one. I think even the missus didn't finish it, and she has OCD about that kind of thing :lol:

DE is great, but you underestimate it by saying it is merely heavy on the dialogue front ;)
:lol: Yeah I know but I can't think of any other game of that calibre of a good discount! I'm sure I'll absolutely love Subnautica BZ too, but I just played and( adored) the original.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat

Am I the only saddo still grinding on this? 49 anyone? I'm pretty damned sure I know what it is but I'm not sure how to type it in? Anyone got that one?

el3mel

Goddamn finally I got 59. Can't believe it took me that long. Literally the one voice I have been thinking about ever since I started this quiz, I know I head it before.

AaronRedDevil

Anyone know any multiplayer games like Destiny where you do missions with other players online.

amolbhatia50k

These are games I find it impossible to get into. They look cool with the customisable builds and character appearances but the repetitive and empty missions/story/GamePlay just offer nothing to me. Tried with Destiny 2 as well. Games as a service just aren't my thing imo

Bosws87

Anyone know any multiplayer games like Destiny where you do missions with other players online.
Borderlands, but i'm not sure how good the matchmaking is if any might need to know other people.

Monster hunter also but that's a unique taste.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
These are games I find it impossible to get into. They look cool with the customisable builds and character appearances but the repetitive and empty missions/story/GamePlay just offer nothing to me. Tried with Destiny 2 as well. Games as a service just aren't my thing imo
Yeah I know what you mean, I have to be in the right mood to play with any seriousness but I find them both alright to pick up and and sink an hour into in the evenings after work when I'm too tired to pay any real attention to what I'm doing.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Last week, I completed Psychonauts for the first time. Overall, I liked it, but the gameplay could not live up to it's clever ideas.

It's got me excited for the sequel. Which is an achievement in itself. I just can't get into many games, these days.

Oh, and Restera remans the forum with the strangest mods. I got banned, again, for nothing. Bunch of weirdos.