Gaming The RedCafe General/Random Gaming Chat Thread

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Anyone gave "Deliver us the moon" a go? It doesn't look like a game I'd normally go for but it does look very interesting.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Anyone tried Gears tactics? Looks like a less hardcore and infuriating version of Xcom..

Ainu

Playing Control on the pc now and I have to say I'm a little underwhelmed so far. There's nothing bad about it or anything, just nothing particularly great either. It's sort of bland and okay. I'm only a couple hours in so maybe it improves drastically but at the moment I really don't see how it got such high scores.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Playing Control on the pc now and I have to say I'm a little underwhelmed so far. There's nothing bad about it or anything, just nothing particularly great either. It's sort of bland and okay. I'm only a couple hours in so maybe it improves drastically but at the moment I really don't see how it got such high scores.
It's decent. Nothing more, nothing less. My main gripes are they ultimately do nothing with the mystery of the setting story wise, and in gameplay terms I absolutely despise the lack of feedback (both visuals and audio) in combat which is about the only challenging thing. I will say it gets a bit more interesting with all the powers unlocked, but nothing worth the ridiculous praise.

Alan Wake is a far better game. So much so that I really don't like it being tied to this in such a boring half-arsed way they did to appeal to easter egg fanboys.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Anyone getting Gears Tactics? Anyone?

I'm on the fence, but it's 70 euro's on Steam, bit steep if it ends up to be a shite version of Xcom.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
If it took you 12 hours to do Resi 2 you’ll be looking at 12 months to do Sekiro!

But it’s a fantastic game, requires patience and if you’re willing to stick at it you’ll be rewarded.
Longevity!

Finding a reasonably priced one online is a challenge at the moment though.

Member 39557

Ghostbusters remastered is currently £12.00 on the switch. Worth a punt?

I've never played it.

Ainu

It's decent. Nothing more, nothing less. My main gripes are they ultimately do nothing with the mystery of the setting story wise, and in gameplay terms I absolutely despise the lack of feedback (both visuals and audio) in combat which is about the only challenging thing. I will say it gets a bit more interesting with all the powers unlocked, but nothing worth the ridiculous praise.

Alan Wake is a far better game. So much so that I really don't like it being tied to this in such a boring half-arsed way they did to appeal to easter egg fanboys.
I'm on a bit of a bad run here, at least in terms of pc games. Played Metro Exodus before this, which I quit halfway through. Just not a good game, despite me really liking the previous two. Before that it was The Outer Worlds, which felt completely soulless and dull so I couldn't get far into that one either. At least I got that for free with my CPU. And now Control is also a disappointment.

I hope I'm not falling out of love with games, because they all got 80+ on metacritic and I just don't think they're anything special. I need a game to blow me away and remind myself why I love video games. I do have Outer Wilds, Disco Elysium and the Ori games on my list so hopefully one of those can do something for me.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'm on a bit of a bad run here, at least in terms of pc games. Played Metro Exodus before this, which I quit halfway through. Just not a good game, despite me really liking the previous two. Before that it was The Outer Worlds, which felt completely soulless and dull so I couldn't get far into that one either. At least I got that for free with my CPU. And now Control is also a disappointment.

I hope I'm not falling out of love with games, because they all got 80+ on metacritic and I just don't think they're anything special. I need a game to blow me away and remind myself why I love video games. I do have Outer Wilds, Disco Elysium and the Ori games on my list so hopefully one of those can do something for me.
I just finished Outer Worlds, really enjoyed it (playing to my love of Firefly certainly helped) though did leave me wanting more.

Wasn't a very long /big game either really... Which I was surprised by.

Ainu

I just finished Outer Worlds, really enjoyed it (playing to my love of Firefly certainly helped) though did leave me wanting more.

Wasn't a very long /big game either really... Which I was surprised by.
I'm a huge Firefly fan as well, but I didn't really get that same vibe from the game. The characters didn't do it for me.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Mentioned about a week ago, not played it but was intrigued by it for sure. How many hours in are you?
Well I’m still up and playing it. About 3.5 hours now matey and it’s got me well glued to it. Very atmospheric and making me feel very lonely and absorbed into the story. Well worth £20

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Well I’m still up and playing it. About 3.5 hours now matey and it’s got me well glued to it. Very atmospheric and making me feel very lonely and absorbed into the story. Well worth £20
Sounds good. I just need to get rid of the Mrs and the kids so I can get immersed in it.

Hate it when they pipe up during a game. It wouldn't be so bad but they don't even try to use lingo/accents to fit in with the game.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Sounds good. I just need to get rid of the Mrs and the kids so I can get immersed in it.

Hate it when they pipe up during a game. It wouldn't be so bad but they don't even try to use lingo/accents to fit in with the game.
Ha, yeah, definitely better played alone.

It’s not massively demanding but great storytelling and definitely more engaging than Everybody’s gone to the Rapture, which I also loved.

Excellent soundtrack too.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I paid for psnow for the first time this month, particularly for spider-man, god of war and tomb raider. I've never heard of 90% of the games there though, does anyone have any recommendations?

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
If it took you 12 hours to do Resi 2 you’ll be looking at 12 months to do Sekiro!

But it’s a fantastic game, requires patience and if you’re willing to stick at it you’ll be rewarded.
I finished Days Gone last night so went back to Sekiro after 6 months to try and get past the first boss. Didn't manage it. The game is uber hard. I feel I am missing something on my block timing.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I finished Days Gone last night so went back to Sekiro after 6 months to try and get past the first boss. Didn't manage it. The game is uber hard. I feel I am missing something on my block timing.
If you’ve the patience it’s worth sticking with. I’m going to revisit it over the summer, such a fun game.

I struggled with the first boss too for a while, but there are plenty of far more difficult challenges so it really depends how much time and patience you’re willing to give it.

Redlambs

Ugh feck xbox on PC. I'm going to get rid of the gamepass (which is pretty shite on that anyway).

Fresh from having to completely reinstall windows on my son's laptop because the store fecked up Sea of Thieves download (great game btw if anyone has it and fancies a voyage) and no fix worked, now it has fecked up my Halo MCC because of an update IT started and then fecked up. So they try to lock you out of your own files and hide partial downloads all over the place, and even when you find and delete all of them their own systems in place to reset the store/xbox app fail.

It's absolute bullshit how people haven't called them out more on just how bad the system is. From a simple task like finding a game, to an even more simpler task like trying to get in a friends game, the whole thing is archaic and just pure trash to use. I know streamers do go on about how bad it all is, but there's no real appetite to change it.

feck Microsoft and feck the trash Xbox division. No wonder everything is jumping to Steam.

/rant

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Ugh feck xbox on PC. I'm going to get rid of the gamepass (which is pretty shite on that anyway).

Fresh from having to completely reinstall windows on my son's laptop because the store fecked up Sea of Thieves download (great game btw if anyone has it and fancies a voyage) and no fix worked, now it has fecked up my Halo MCC because of an update IT started and then fecked up. So they try to lock you out of your own files and hide partial downloads all over the place, and even when you find and delete all of them their own systems in place to reset the store/xbox app fail.

It's absolute bullshit how people haven't called them out more on just how bad the system is. From a simple task like finding a game, to an even more simpler task like trying to get in a friends game, the whole thing is archaic and just pure trash to use. I know streamers do go on about how bad it all is, but there's no real appetite to change it.

feck Microsoft and feck the trash Xbox division. No wonder everything is jumping to Steam.

/rant
I like the concept of the gamepass (Also to play Outer Worlds as I didn't want to buy it) but yeah, it's disgracefully buggy. I tried installing FF 15 (I didn't finish it on PS4) - it crashed 75% of the way through and now won't let me install it at all. Tried everything from uninstalling to deleting files like you say and it just will not let me reinstall it. I don't understand how such a huge corporation can't fix something like that.

Saying that though I've been playing FF9 on steam and there is a bug on that where after around 2 hours or so of gameplay the next random encounter you get into doesn't work. There is a bug where it gets stuck on the black screen and you hear music so if you forget about the bug and haven't saved you lose an hour or so of gametime.

We let gaming companies away with so much shit when there are easy fixes.

Art Vandelay

They haven't even got parts of MCC working properly on the Xbox, nevermind the PC. Try playing co-op in Reach for a fun experience that's in no way fun and quite possibly going to leave you nauseous.

Redlambs

They haven't even got parts of MCC working properly on the Xbox, nevermind the PC. Try playing co-op in Reach for a fun experience that's in no way fun and quite possibly going to leave you nauseous.
On PC they fecking forgot to turn off controller aim smoothing on MKB and even the crouch was fecked.

It's amateur hour all around. I expect nothing else from the Xbox division, especially when you add into the mix the morons running the M$ store.

Hence why Rare have finally been allowed to use Steam for SoT. Everyone knows the Xbox api is trash.

Irwin99

I feel like I've exhausted my PS4 for over 4 years. I can't think of anything else i'd like to play-at least until Ghost of Tsushima comes out.

Had a lot of fun with the PS4 as it's generation comes to a close. Favourite game has probably been the Witcher 3.

Dave_MUFC

Anyone else have a range of games they switch between fairly regularly?

For example, I'm currently playing through Nier, Red Dead 2, Jedi Fallen Order on the Xbox, and Mario Odyssey, Links Awakening, and Okami on the switch, depending on my mood.

Just don't feel I have the time to wait to complete each game, for all the games I want to play.

Revan

Assumptionman
Started The Fallen Order and then refunded it on Steam after 90 minutes (the first game to do so). If I want to play Souls, I will play some Souls game. And why they thought it is a great idea to add a puzzle every 5 seconds. I am a massive Star Wars fan and was hoping to enjoy this (and in some parts was fun like returning blaster fire) but I just found it too frustrating.

Now playing the last Tomb Raider. 3 hours in, I am a bit underwhelmed. Loved the first one and enjoyed the second one, but so far I am not enjoying this that much. To be fair, I desperately need to play a great game.

Ainu

Anyone else have a range of games they switch between fairly regularly?

For example, I'm currently playing through Nier, Red Dead 2, Jedi Fallen Order on the Xbox, and Mario Odyssey, Links Awakening, and Okami on the switch, depending on my mood.

Just don't feel I have the time to wait to complete each game, for all the games I want to play.
Same here. Currently it's Death Stranding and Assassin's Creed 3 Remastered on PS4, Control, Ori and the Blind Forest and Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition on PC and Dragon Quest XI on Switch. I tend to get a little bored if I play the same game for long stretches. On the other hand, the risk with this strategy is that you neglect one game for too long and then can't get into it anymore.

Art Vandelay

Started The Fallen Order and then refunded it on Steam after 90 minutes (the first game to do so). If I want to play Souls, I will play some Souls game. And why they thought it is a great idea to add a puzzle every 5 seconds. I am a massive Star Wars fan and was hoping to enjoy this (and in some parts was fun like returning blaster fire) but I just found it too frustrating.

Now playing the last Tomb Raider. 3 hours in, I am a bit underwhelmed. Loved the first one and enjoyed the second one, but so far I am not enjoying this that much. To be fair, I desperately need to play a great game.
Yeah it's just a bog standard average Souls clone with a Star Wars skin. If it wasn't Star Wars it would be entirely unremarkable. Although I'm surprised you found puzzles.

The last Tomb Raider is not as good as the first two, there are bits that are really good, but it gets really dull at times.

ArjenIsM3

Been trying to play GTA Online but the servers have been down ever since Epic started giving it away for free. Shite. Rocket League just had issues as well and Modern Warfare has never been stable. Seems no game is Corona proof.

Revan

Assumptionman
Yeah it's just a bog standard average Souls clone with a Star Wars skin. If it wasn't Star Wars it would be entirely unremarkable. Although I'm surprised you found puzzles.

The last Tomb Raider is not as good as the first two, there are bits that are really good, but it gets really dull at times.
Yeah, indeed, looked quite average to me. They aren't even decent puzzles, more like how to go from A to B. Obviously, the feckers didn't give me a force jump, so I have to do an uncharted/TR.

Meh, disappointed in it.

And yes, 3 hours in, I am not loving the last Tomb Raider.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Really enjoying the Saints Row 3 remaster. Brainless fun. It's what the GTA games have lost, in my opinion.

Digital Foundry called it "one of the best remasters we've seen."