The Referee Decisions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kag

It's a penalty. Blaming the referee for this shit show of a second half is passing the buck.

Jev

Please stop. It's a penalty. Of course he makes a meal of it but if that useless donkey keeps his clumsy, slow feet to himself, there's no problem.

Meller

It's a penalty. Blaming the referee for this shit show of a second half is passing the buck.
Are we not allowed to point out bad decisions? It's what this thread is for. We deserved to concede because of our negative tactics but we must be able to point out bad decisions. For me that was one.

Hoof the ball

It was a penalty, but I knew the usual array of tools would have their rose coloured specs on and try to pass the buck on United. Wait for it........ out will come the usual, "luck" argument.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It was a clear penalty. If that wasn't a pen, we have no right to claim Valencia should have had a pen versus Arsenal

jem

It looked a penalty to me, and Rojo's tackle was disgraceful and should've been a straight red.

We can't complain with that.
For me, the Rojo decision is balanced out by the leniency shown to Barry. But as far as the penalty, Fellaini made it easy for Oliver. When the feck is Mourinho going to learn that bringing on Fellaini rarely, if ever, has a positive impact. I'd much rather bring on Juan Mata, with the ball control, calm head, and, dare we even think, goal-scoring ability that he possesses, none of which Fellaini brings to the table. Or failing that, bring on Blind, but not fecking Fellaini.

IBleedRed

likes to use pantyhose
For me, the Rojo decision is balanced out by the leniency shown to Barry. But as far as the penalty, Fellaini made it easy for Oliver. When the feck is Mourinho going to learn that bringing on Fellaini rarely, if ever, has a positive impact. I'd much rather bring on Juan Mata, with the ball control, calm head, and, dare we even think, goal-scoring ability that he possesses, none of which Fellaini brings to the table. Or failing that, bring on Blind, but not fecking Fellaini.
Agreed, Oliver actually had a decent game.
Blind seems like a much better choice to defend a lead.

Yagami

Good post resistant
If anything we should have had a player sent off today in Rojo.

jem

Agreed, Oliver actually had a decent game.
Blind seems like a much better choice to defend a lead.
Yeah it hurts to admit it as I can't stand that chinless gimp, but Mourinho has nothing to complain about today, as opposed to previous matches in which I felt he had legitimate grievances.

donkeyfish

Rojo's tackle was bad that much is undeniable and I won't try to defend such actions.

Do you not think that Gueye went in to the tackle in a virtually identical fashion to Rojo, both feet in-front, sliding in to it (thus lacking control). The only real difference that I could see was that Gueye committed to the tackle a split second or so before Rojo. I'd have to see another replay to be sure but both of them were lucky IMO.
You have a point, but I think Rojo's was even more of a lunge. Red and Yellow would've been correct perhaps

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Rojo's non-sending-off will long be remembered by neutrals I'm sure (certainly more so than all the bookable offences Barry survived) but at least we had one referee decision go our way I suppose.

Acole9

Outstanding
The ref had a poor game today, he was very inconsistent. As for the penalty it was clearly the correct decision, to think otherwise is laughable.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
It's literally every game. I'm absolutely baffled how we are getting denied clear pens week after week.

Jev

Lol, I was wondering when this would get bumped. Just no. Not a penalty. This delusion must stop.

Minimalist

This is insane. I haven't seen a single clear cut penalty not given today.

Hint: just because the crowd screams doesn't mean it should be given.

The Herrera one was hardly a penalty.

Jev

50/50 if you ask me. One of those "seen them given" penalties.
Which one of them? The one were the Spurs player played the ball or the one where Herrera went down under minimal contact? In either case, this thread would be rave with conspiracy theories if they had given a penalty in the other end.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Given up. The standard of refereeing in all corners of football has been the worst I've ever seen this season, at all age groups and levels.

Jev

It's been a pretty much perfectly refereed game. The level of delusion in this thread is Mourinho esque. Embarrassing.

Golden Nugget

Not sure why this is bumped at all - there was one that could have been given, and it looked 50/50 on the replay - the rest no. Some soft fouls were given, but that was for both ends. Nothing wrong with the ref today.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Watching on a less than clear picture, the only one I was worried could be a pen was when Jones sent Dyer over late on.

But on a closeup replay it was a comfortably well won tackle.

Phew.

jem

I thought the ref was great today - sensible decisions and managed to keep things calm. No complaints today.

Fitchett

Can't believe that some posters on here thought that today's ref was OK. I've just got back home from Old Trafford and believe me, Madley was as bent as the rest of the Premier League refs have been this season. The number of free kicks he gave Spurs when their players fell over, with a real reluctance to give us anything. We only started to get free kicks in the second half when the crowd's hostility must have got through to him. Fortunately, we didn't give him an opportunity to give them a penalty, because he was giving them the benefit of any 50/50 challenges. Not to mention how Spurs got off lightly with only 3 yellow cards.

The Premier League referees this season at Old Trafford are by far the worst I've ever seen in 54 years of watching football. The only decent refs we've had have been the Europa League ones.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Watching on a less than clear picture, the only one I was worried could be a pen was when Jones sent Dyer over late on.

But on a closeup replay it was a comfortably well won tackle.

Phew.
I thought the same mate, but it was a great tackle that I missed through watching on a shitty stream :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.