The Referee Decisions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Also, howcome can a ref be as fat as the lino on the Stretty side? Swear to God it's obesity and nothing less.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
When Mason or other official mistreats us next time can we bring back Fergie for post game media grilling regarding refs. That would be such a pleasing view and the big man could deliberately take the bans on himself.

lsd

The Oracle
Doesn't work that way. Players would injure Messi/Ronaldo after every shot in that case with two footed tackles.
Yes it does you don't get penalties after you lose control of the ball whether you had a shot or simply lose control of the ball ..

Stactix

Not as much as decisions in favour I'm afraid. Two very clear off side goals that stood, Rojo not sent off twice, no penalty but a free kick when Blind's foul continues in the box, I think if we are honest and count all the wrong decisions it has probably helped United in the winning streak.
You high?
Palace, Offside goal that should of stood/ Clear penalty. Rojo should of been sent off sure & offside goal was debatable as I'm sure it came off a Palace player- 2-2
Sunderland - 3 penalties - 2 stonewall ones IMO
Boro, offside goal, 2 penalties.
City - Bravo Red card & Penalty
Westham Adrien Red card & penalty
Feyenoord - Offside goal
Watford - Foul on Martial that led to goal.
Arsenal - Penalty on Valencia by Monreal.
Burnley - 1 penalty
Chelsea - Luiz Red card

Probably a couple I've missed as well.

roykeane19

Real shame that Zlatans excellent goal didnt stand, theres no player that has his flexibility. Man these refs cnuts need to be held accountable nowadays, you cant say anything even after an atrocious performance, and not once but repeatedly

Halftrack

Yes it does you don't get penalties after you lose control of the ball whether you had a shot or simply lose control of the ball ..
What are you on about? As long as the ball is in play, a freekick-worthy foul in the box is a penalty regardless of whether you were in control of the ball, had lost control of the ball or you own goalkeeper was holding the ball at the other end of the pitch.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
You high?
Palace, Offside goal that should of stood/ Clear penalty. Rojo should of been sent off sure & offside goal was debatable as I'm sure it came off a Palace player- 2-2
Sunderland - 3 penalties - 2 stonewall ones IMO
Boro, offside goal, 2 penalties.
City - Bravo Red card & Penalty
Westham Adrien Red card & penalty
Feyenoord - Offside goal
Watford - Foul on Martial that led to goal.
Arsenal - Penalty on Valencia by Monreal.
Burnley - 1 penalty
Chelsea - Luiz Red card

Probably a couple I've missed as well.
Don’t agree with every interpreted game here but you could add:

Burnley - 2 penalties not given
Hull - 1 penalty not given

That would more or less make a full list (I’ve got some personal game notes related partially to this threads theme, though only for PL).

Last edited:

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
Would have been a soft pen
Yeah, he had his hand on his shoulder but putting your hand on someone's shoulder isn't a foul.

Ramirez one wasn't a penalty either, shoulder to shoulder and even then there was barely any contact, obvious dive. Was sure Mason was gonna give it anyway.

December_16

I know it's probably not that controversial but Rashford's disallowed goal vs. City due to offside still pisses me off. Ibra was in the way, granted, but he was not interfering with play or anything. Losing to City at home sucks.

Xoxo Gossip boy

Not as much as decisions in favour I'm afraid. Two very clear off side goals that stood, Rojo not sent off twice, no penalty but a free kick when Blind's foul continues in the box, I think if we are honest and count all the wrong decisions it has probably helped United in the winning streak.
Go away.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I know it's probably not that controversial but Rashford's disallowed goal vs. City due to offside still pisses me off. Ibra was in the way, granted, but he was not interfering with play or anything. Losing to City at home sucks.
The Man City GK should've been sent off for the foul on Rooney, in the penalty box.
Not only did he not get a card, but we also did not get a penalty.

Irrational.

I've never seen such an inept performance by any ref, ever. The closest is Ovrebo vs Chelsea.

It was like Mason was on a one-man mission to give Boro the win. The Boro players would throw themselves to the floor at the slightest contact, Mason would allow them to timewaste as much as they liked - whilst being happy to give fouls against us willy-nilly.

I couldn't believe my eyes when he disallowed the Ibra goal and denied us two stonewall penalties. The one on Martial was a fecking ankle breaker. I'm gobsmacked he was able to continue after that, let alone score the equaliser.

I don't want to sound like I've got my tinfoil hat on, but refs really do think 2, 3, 4 times before giving anything in José's favour. There was clear bias today. Wanker. He would've disallowed our two goals as well if he managed to find half a reason. I'm surprised he didn't penalise Pogba's headed winner for handball.

I've given up on justice in games, we just have to win every single one convincingly enough. We can never rely on refs to give us anything.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
There is not a single team in the entire world of top flight football as fecked over by the refs as us.

It has now come to the point where me and my mates who watch the matches together take out bets between us on what sort of situation the ref will feck us over in.

I had a red for Fellaini in this one, but the night is still young.
Get a grip. It was a bad decision, just like the non-offside call when Pogba hit the post. The self-pity here is pathetic.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I've never seen such an inept performance by any ref, ever. The closest is Ovrebo vs Chelsea.

It was like Mason was on a one-man mission to give Boro the win. The Boro players would throw themselves to the floor at the slightest contact, Mason would allow them to timewaste as much as they liked - whilst being happy to give fouls against us willy-nilly.

I couldn't believe my eyes when he disallowed the Ibra goal and denied us two stonewall penalties. The one on Martial was a fecking ankle breaker. I'm gobsmacked he was able to continue after that, let alone score the equaliser.

I don't want to sound like I've got my tinfoil hat on, but refs really do think 2, 3, 4 times before giving anything in José's favour. There was clear bias today. Wanker. He would've disallowed our two goals as well if he managed to find half a reason. I'm surprised he didn't penalise Pogba's headed winner for handball.

I've given up on justice in games, we just have to win every single one convincingly enough. We can never rely on refs to give us anything.
Also ridiculous that the referee didn't stop the game when Martial was clearly hurt. He had no reason to feign injury because we needed to play on and score. Even when defenders were trampling around Martial whilst he was in a heap on the floor, he waited for the ball to go out of play. I couldn't believe it.

It was an outrageous challenge, so so late, nowhere near the ball, absolutely wiped him out. No foul. Zlatans goal is deemed a foul when he wins the ball by a distance, scores the goal and then pulls his foot away before coming close to Valdes.

There'll be no repercussion for him. He'll referee another PL game next week and it will all be forgotten. Mourinho won't be allowed to criticise any of it or he'll get banned and fined. Referees are invincible.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Get a grip. It was a bad decision, just like the non-offside call when Pogba hit the post. The self-pity here is pathetic.
A bad decision? Try every single one.

- Goal wrongly disallowed
- Two penalties denied
- About every 50/50 given against us

Even my Liverpool supporting brother gave me a call and asked me if we miss Webb. And when a Liverpool supporter thinks MUFC have a rough time with the refs then you know you've got a case.

Mason was simply shocking today.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
A bad decision? Try every single one.

- Goal wrongly disallowed
- Two penalties denied
- About every 50/50 given against us

Even my Liverpool supporting brother gave me a call and asked me if we miss Webb. And when a Liverpool supporter thinks MUFC have a rough time with the refs then you know you've got a case.

Mason was simply shocking today.
You don't have a case. You are delusional. Your whole "case" crumbles when you look at the non-called offisdes when pogba hit the post. What would anyone have to gain with an agenda against Manchester United or against Mourinho?

"Boss, we are bringing in billions and increasing popularity every year. What should we do?"
"I know, let's drum up a conspiracy against the most popular club in the league and keep them in fifth place instead of third!"

The pace of the game is faster than ever. We have better video than ever. Yet we have the same officials with the same tools trying to keep up. It's not hard to see that 1) mistakes will be more frequent and 2) we will notice them more.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Also ridiculous that the referee didn't stop the game when Martial was clearly hurt. He had no reason to feign injury because we needed to play on and score. Even when defenders were trampling around Martial whilst he was in a heap on the floor, he waited for the ball to go out of play. I couldn't believe it.

It was an outrageous challenge, so so late, nowhere near the ball, absolutely wiped him out. No foul. Zlatans goal is deemed a foul when he wins the ball by a distance, scores the goal and then pulls his foot away before coming close to Valdes.

There'll be no repercussion for him. He'll referee another PL game next week and it will all be forgotten. Mourinho won't be allowed to criticise any of it or he'll get banned and fined. Referees are invincible.
When Martial's own team-mates clearly don't want play stopped then the referee is absolutely correct to not blow up, in the absence of any head injury.

SwansonsTache

You don't have a case. You are delusional. Your whole "case" crumbles when you look at the non-called offisdes when pogba hit the post. What would anyone have to gain with an agenda against Manchester United or against Mourinho?

"Boss, we are bringing in billions and increasing popularity every year. What should we do?"
"I know, let's drum up a conspiracy against the most popular club in the league and keep them in fifth place instead of third!"

The pace of the game is faster than ever. We have better video than ever. Yet we have the same officials with the same tools trying to keep up. It's not hard to see that 1) mistakes will be more frequent and 2) we will notice them more.
It isn't an agenda or conspiracy against MUFC. It is a terrible level of refereeing being shown weekly.

We've been unlucky and been on the receiving end of quite a lot of it.

There is as little of a conspiracy against MUFC today as it was a conspiracy for MUFC during the SAF years, didn't stop oppo's constantly harping on about Fergie and the refs though.

A case could be made for Mourinho being treated more harsly by the FA than most though, don't think he would have gotten away with the "lions in the zoo" comment.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Dude, the ball hit Ibra and went in. It was 100% offside.

liamp

Pretty much. This has happened in all major sports, and most of them have had to begrudgingly accept some form of replay system in order to compensate. Football, unsurprisingly, is the last holdout bravely holding the last line against our robot overlords.

Seriously though, this is what happens when you only use video technology for goal-line decisions for fear of "interrupting the flow of the game." There are terrible calls in basically every top-flight match...although today's Lee Mason performance is definitely one for the ages.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
When Martial's own team-mates clearly don't want play stopped then the referee is absolutely correct to not blow up, in the absence of any head injury.
It's not the players responsibility to stop the game, ever. It is always the referees. There were moments when Zlatan was practically being double marked all in very close vicinity to Martial on the ground. He could have been stood on anywhere by any of the 3 of them. Ankles, legs, head. Fans would have been annoyed but I really think he should have stopped the game so Martial wasn't trampled.

Kostur

海尔的老板
True as it is, the players are not for stopping the game and are reminded that it's the referee's job to do that.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
True as it is, the players are not for stopping the game and are reminded that it's the referee's job to do that.
And the referee's job is to allow the game to flow. The only compulsory injury stoppage is for a head injury. With United obviously happy to play on I'd have been pissed off if he'd stopped play when we were on the attack. This isn't even a decision that looks bad with hindsight. Martial player on and ended up scoring.

Kostur

海尔的老板
And the referee's job is to allow the game to flow. The only compulsory injury stoppage is for a head injury. With United obviously happy to play on I'd have been pissed off if he'd stopped play when we were on the attack. This isn't even a decision that looks bad with hindsight. Martial player on and ended up scoring.
I didn't mind it either, it's just been always repeated by that guy who's up with the refs' obligations, etc. talking on canal+ here. Just adds to the huge list of sheer incompetence of Mason.

Eddy_JukeZ

The referees' incompetence this season is truly shocking, but it's not only us.

They've been terrible this season so far throughout the league. Should replace them all(would never happen though).

SwansonsTache

Just see the difference from our PL matches versus our EL matches. We've hardly had anything to complain about ref wise in the EL.

Tbf. the PL is played at a higher pace and with more intensity than Europe, but it isn't played on fast forward either so there has to be a disparity in the quality of the refs here.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Just see the difference from our PL matches versus our EL matches. We've hardly had anything to complain about ref wise in the EL.

Tbf. the PL is played at a higher pace and with more intensity than Europe, but it isn't played on fast forward either so there has to be a disparity in the quality of the refs here.
Bad referees aren't exclusive to England, in France or in Spain too they're bad and you could that football is played at different pace.

R'hllor

While watching a game today for the first time,psycho side in me popped on the surface for the 1st time.Wishing that any of our players just nuke the shit down of that ref and not only to kick the shit out of just him,i mean any ref in any game by other team`s players. I know its a hard job but starting to think,they are not making innocent mistake,like they didnt see it etc.

Think they do things how the feck they feel,because they are untouchable,wouldnt be surprised that their level of arrogance is sky high. I mean few days ago that cnut Cunterburg came out with some nonsense of him going to China,like he is some star being an object of transfer dealings,Gsus!

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Thought it was a blatant goal by Zlatan, but other than that i cant complain. The Rashford penalty claim, if it was another ref could have been given. It wasnt stonewall but could have been given.

But the Zlatan goal was a howler by him. I suppose it didnt help when Valdez went rolling around on the floor like hed been shot.

Bogga

Can anyone explain how the hell we still have one penalty for us? By now it should be like 8 clear ones and 4-5 50/50...

Can't someone do an alternate league table like the ones liverpoop use to do. Guarantee we'd be on top

Fitchett

So Ibrahimovic gets his record equalling goal disallowed for alleged dangerous play, when not making any contact with Valdes.
But, Rooney gets kicked in the face in the penalty area, by Reid against West Ham, drawing blood, but no penalty or card issued.
Ibrahimovic gets kicked on the knee by Adrian, when scoring against West Ham, with no action either by the referee, or subsequently by the FA.

Mason showed himself up the other week, by initially running away from a penalty area clash, then dramatically turning round and awarding a penalty for the softest dive imaginable by Michael Antonio of West Ham against Tom Huddleston of Hull. It was so bad that even Alan Shearer picked it up on MOTD (although he'd have ignored it had it been against us).

And some people try to convince me that there's no agenda against Jose or United :confused:

Last edited:

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
And the referee's job is to allow the game to flow. The only compulsory injury stoppage is for a head injury.
He stopped Utd taking a quick throw-in in the first half to wait until a Boro player put his boot back on.

Regardless, not stopping the play is the minor issue, how he didn't give a penalty for the tackle is baffling.

Gasolin

Referees are not the league so the statement about what they would have to gain financially is irrelevant. They just want to show who's the boss, apparently.

Mason told Paul he was offside, he didn't whistle it but that was caught on video, and then Paul sweared.

Nevertheless it was a poor referring. I am fine with referees making mistakes, but continuous bad calls in a game should be reviewed and challenged. They are supposed to be professionals!

surf

The non-penalty for the tackle on Martial was the worst decision. It looked dangerous as well and Martial was lucky not to be injured. I'd like to know the ref's "thought process" on that one.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The non-penalty for the tackle on Martial was the worst decision. It looked dangerous as well and Martial was lucky not to be injured. I'd like to know the ref's "thought process" on that one.
Anywhere else on the pitch, a player having his leg taken after releasing the ball wins a foul. Mason is a garbage ref.

surf

Anywhere else on the pitch, a player having his leg taken after releasing the ball wins a foul. Mason is a garbage ref.
Don't think it is relevant whether or not he had released the ball. I assume he didn't see the foul and thought the defender had either played the ball or Martial had fallen over of his own accord.

haven

United have *one* league penalty this year. You can argue about each individual decision, but I think it's hard to argue that one is the right number. If you wanted to assign a probability to each penalty shout, it would certainly be higher.

I think Rashford was pretty clearly fouled today and should have been awarded a pen. You don't? Fine...but United haven't had the 50/50 calls in a lot of games this year.

Stactix

United have *one* league penalty this year. You can argue about each individual decision, but I think it's hard to argue that one is the right number. If you wanted to assign a probability to each penalty shout, it would certainly be higher.

I think Rashford was pretty clearly fouled today and should have been awarded a pen. You don't? Fine...but United haven't had the 50/50 calls in a lot of games this year.

Exactly, Utd could of had 5-6 penalties in the last 3 games alone. 1 at Palace, 3 at Sunderland & 2 today.
In the last 3 games there has been 9 major decision mistakes, how many major decisions were there, I don't remember any that the Refs got right. Staggering, video replay is needed. 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.