The Returned

Scrumpet

There are no words
Lena definitely isn't dead I'd say. I think her back wound is supposed to be some sort of physical manifestation of her being confronted by her backstabbing of Camille when she did the dirty with Frederic on the day Camille died.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Lena definitely isn't dead I'd say. I think her back wound is supposed to be some sort of physical manifestation of her being confronted by her backstabbing of Camille when she did the dirty with Frederic on the day Camille died.
Yeah that sounds like a pretty French explanation.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Just watched 4 episodes and really Canal + have outdone themselves, I know they are the best in terms of producing french series but this is easily the best I've watched so far. The creepy music alone is top notch, it just seems that the setting is in france with these "diners" and "pubs". The architecture of the town doesn't really look like the usual french, I wonder where exactly they filmed this show.

TheBest

SPNTBP
I have no idea what this is...but I refuse to watch any TV show with such a stupid name.

Scrumpet

There are no words
Just watched 4 episodes and really Canal + have outdone themselves, I know they are the best in terms of producing french series but this is easily the best I've watched so far. The creepy music alone is top notch, it just seems that the setting is in france with these "diners" and "pubs". The architecture of the town doesn't really look like the usual french, I wonder where exactly they filmed this show.

The series was shot in Haute-Savoie, mainly in the city of Annecy, and also in Menthon-Saint-Bernard, Poisy, Cran-Gevrier, Sévrier, Annecy-le-Vieux, Veyrier-du-Lac andSemnoz. The dam which plays an important part is the Barrage de Tignes.

Cina

I have no idea what this is...but I refuse to watch any TV show with such a stupid name.
It's actually called 'Les Revenants'. Don't blame the French for English being a less cool language.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Cheers Scrumpet.
It's actually called 'Les Revenants'. Don't blame the French for English being a less cool language.
The translation is wrong IMHO, "Les revenants" in this context should have been called " the ghosts" or something like that. Literal translation can give you some weird results.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
http://www.thenationalstudent.com/TV/2013-07-29/The_Returned_8_Unanswered_Questions.html

My take on the Lena thing was she had the scar because of her twin connection to Camille. Never really crossed my mind that she could be dead.

As for the rest.....:confused:
not sure about the theories in that article, but it does link to this site which has loads of info that I never knew about!
http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/the-ret...-hold-the-answers-to-the-returned’s-mysteries

English translations of clues given to the French viewers like ...

Julie's Psychiatric report:

Serge's diaries:

worth a read for sure

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
When's this back on? Any news?

Was the best new series of last year for me by quite some margin.

@Duafc - if you get bored mate then give this a chance.

Scrumpet

There are no words
Wikipedia says
The second season of the series was originally to be filmed in February and March 2014, for screening from November 2014.[1] However, delays in the writing process have meant that filming is likely to be delayed until the second half of 2014, for broadcast in 2015.[5][6]

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Yeah it's brilliant. One of the best shows of last year easily! Not enough people have seen it.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Way too long a wait between series here.

Do they think this is watched by elephants?
ye ridiculous wait for the 2nd series - some the younger actors (the scary kid in particular, I forget his name) are sure to have aged significantly by the time they get it sorted

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Wow, just watched Series 1 of this on Netflix, can't believe I missed it on Channel 4. Can't believe I haven't heard more talk about it. Great stuff, brilliant characters. Lots of unanswered questions but I can't wait for the next series.

LARulz

The American remake started this week. I'm not liking it so far, maybe I started off with the bias that I'd hate it, but it's just stupid to remake it. It also seems to be an identical remake (same lines etc) which to me makes it even more pointless.

Amir

Sometimes those remakes start off with very similar episodes and then go on a separate way. For the most part I don't really bother with remakes unless I hear they are really good - which most aren't. The Killing, The Bridge, Broadchurch... I settled for the originals only. the US Shameless is very good, though.

dr.twinny

Season 2 airs on Canal+ on September 28th! Should air in the US on Sundance TV on Halloween night.

Trailers:

Cina

About time.

First season is sublime, but they left so much unanswered, and the finale was quite poor, so I think it'll be difficult for them to make the second season as good.

dr.twinny

I think the first few episodes of the season might determine how good it stacks up to the first season. Either way, can't wait! Good to know that Victor still looks the part.

Cina

I already rewatched it

A bit like season one of True Detective in that it's so brilliantly shot and the score is so good that it's really easy to watch again.

Cina

Watched the first episode of season 2.

It's still brilliant and Viktor is still the creepiest kid ever.

Amir

Easy one of my favorite shows. It's brilliant. The only thing missing in Season 2 is more of that creepy sound track they have when weird things are happening. :nervous:

Better hurry up with Season 3, though, before Victor is 1.85m.

dr.twinny

Yup. Just finished season two and if it wasn't as good as the first season, it was still pretty good. The finale was solid and they pretty much resolved much of the questions to which why the revenants returned.