The Rise of the Right Wing In Ireland.

lsd

The Oracle
It is worrying I know it's a minority but they are very loud and active.

You miss the old days when especially in the North you had a certain group of people that would go round and put a quick stop to scumbags before things got really out of hand

The fear is more and more people will join these idiots like in England

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Herman Kelly visits West Sligo pushing his brand of Freedom for male heterosexual white people.

"We don't know who they are, their history, where they're from"..... so let's assume they're here to colonise Shligo and rape 20 year olds on the back roads of Easkey.

Bit of a leap there Herman!

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
"We don't know who they are, their history, where they're from"..... so let's assume they're here to colonise Shligo and rape 20 year olds on the back roads of Easkey.

Bit of a leap there Herman!

Exactly. Always quick to his rape fetish is Herman.

These pricks don't care about women's wellbeing or safety of homelessness unless it's as an excuse to hate somebody.

Eyepopper

Exactly. Always quick to his rape fetish is Herman.

These pricks don't care about women's wellbeing or safety of homelessness unless it's as an excuse to hate somebody.
To be fair, he was set up for a life filled with bitter hatred the minute his parents decided to name him Herman.

Eyepopper

Aye, being called Herman in the Bogside in the 70s must not have been fun.
I think the best course of action for all concerned would be to put him in a small boat, push him out into an area of the Atlantic with particularly strong currents and just pretend we've never heard of him.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I think the best course of action for all concerned would be to put him in a small boat, push him out into an area of the Atlantic with particularly strong currents and just pretend we've never heard of him.
The woman in the village who called him is an 'artist' living in one of her three inherited houses.

She's an anti vaxer worried about the Marxists in the government taking her property if they put Housing as a human right in the constitution.

If there is room in the boat can we put her in?

Eyepopper

The woman in the village who called him is an 'artist' living in one of her three inherited houses.

She's an anti vaxer worried about the Marxists in the government taking her property if they put Housing as a human right in the constitution.

If there is room in the boat can we put her in?

Bert_

Herman Kelly visits West Sligo pushing his brand of Freedom for male heterosexual white people.

fecking racist cnut. Afghans and Pakistanis being able to walk around freely is crossing the line apparently. After all they will just rape and pillage if they are aloud out.

Swap Afghans and Pakistanis for blacks and you're in the deep south USA circa 1860s.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
fecking racist cnut. Afghans and Pakistanis being able to walk around freely is crossing the line apparently. After all they will just rape and pillage if they are aloud out.

Swap Afghans and Pakistanis for blacks and you're in the deep south USA circa 1860s.
Yep, it's pure Klan.

GiddyUp

She sounds like the type that would be complaining about foreigners taking our jobs while at the christening of her seventh child to a table full of people on the dole.

Withnail

It's soul destroying to see people getting sucked into this anti-immigration/right-wing shite when there's no so many legitimate reasons to protest and give the government a kicking.

Two mates of mine the other night started banging on about "Drag Queen story-time and the books on LGBT they're showing kids". "Stealing their childhood", apparently. Oh and the word "normalising" was used. I couldn't believe it but pushed back and asked if they'd seen this book which, of course they feckin hadn't. They didn't really seem to want a conversation either. They expected me to go along with them and when I started asking questions, they shut up fairly quickly. Feckin depressing all the same. It think they'd been listening to some ring-in-and-rile-people-up talk radio show.

Last edited:

Raven

It's soul destroying to see people getting sucked into this anti-immigration/right-wing shite when there's no so many legitimate reasons to protest and give the government a kicking.

Two mates of mine the other night started banging on about "Drag Queen story-time and the books on LGBT they're showing kids". "Stealing their childhood", apparently. Oh and the word "normalising" was used. I couldn't believe it but pushed back and asked if they'd seen this book which, of course they feckin hadn't. They didn't really seem to want a conversation either. They expected me to go along with them and when I started asking questions, they shut up fairly quickly. Feckin depressing all the same. It think they'd been listening to some ring-in-and-rile-people-up talk radio show.
It's all too common, pretty wild.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
The National Party having 400k nicked by their own members just highlights how well funded they are. None of them have won a seat even on a council and they have high end and plentiful posters, YouTube channels and websites. Almost all outside funding apart from the feckers in Opus Dei.

Last edited:

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
It's soul destroying to see people getting sucked into this anti-immigration/right-wing shite
Never thought I’d see this in Ireland, it’s thoroughly depressing.

Eyepopper

No wonder they don't like libraries.

Down with big words!

caid

What was it about?
Just a general mish mash of random stuff, no single subject. There were anti vaxers, anti immigration, some dude with a megaphone giving out about TUSLA for a bit, few people with swastikas. Giving grief to random passers by working in completely unrelated buildings on the street.