The Rise of the Right Wing In Ireland.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I'm willing to bet that's an airsoft rifle.

*not willing to bet

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Aren't airsoft muzzles coloured to make them distinct? Conveniently out of shot on those photos.

I'd hope it would be practically impossible to get those AR15-esque guns into Ireland.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Aren't airsoft muzzles coloured to make them distinct? Conveniently out of shot on those photos.
Not in Ireland AFAIK.

I'd hope it would be practically impossible to get those AR15-esque guns into Ireland.
Yep, it is.

My bet is this a move to get himself raided by the Gardai, then claim persecution when all they find is a "toy" gun, or that he's just incredibly fecking stupid.

Either way, I'd say a knock on the door by the armed response unit is not too far away.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
These right-wingers are out of control lately.
The guards seem very hands off too.
Hope it doesn't mean they're on their side.

I still think it's a small minority, but they're really throwing their weight around lately in a revolting and horrifying way.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
There's a lot of far right anti immigration agitation going on.

Stick those two street names into Twitter and make your own mind up.

The worst part for me is the escalation in tension has meant these right wing fecks have started disrupting homeless outreach because the people running it are left wing and anti-fascist but you know the far right always so interested in looking after their own. Funny I don't know of any homeless outreach programs run by any of these so-called patriots.
Spot on. Their motives are always disingenuous. And the most aggro men in those twitter videos are short arses. Overcompensating methinks.

"Never trust those in whom the urge to punish is strong" - Goethe

Withnail

Spot on. Their motives are always disingenuous. And the most aggro men in those twitter videos are short arses. Overcompensating methinks.

"Never trust those in whom the urge to punish is strong" - Goethe
Hey hey hey I'm 5ft 5 and not a massive racist cnut. Let's not be as lazy in our criticism of these pricks as they are in their choice of targets for society's ills.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast

I still think it's a small minority, but they're really throwing their weight around lately in a revolting and horrifying way.
There's a video on twitter of one of them ranting a Garda who happens to be of Asian descent, he sits on his bike and gives it back to him, it also shows 3 kids as part of his gang, it's in cork by a known prick seen at anything anti left.

Tyrion

They are making me think that "aggressive" actions by the Gardai would be justified.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
They're getting younger...

That's a bit random. Just kids being horrible little bastards. I wouldn't see that as politically motivated. Especially when you bear in mind at least one of the assailants wouldn't be considered Irish by the far right scrotes being discussed in this thread. In fact, this is the sort of video the far right would share to stir up anti-immigrant hatred. Anyway, reassuring to see other kids intervening at the end.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
That's a bit random. Just kids being horrible little bastards. I wouldn't see that as politically motivated. Especially when you bear in mind at least one of the assailants wouldn't be considered Irish by the far right scrotes being discussed in this thread. In fact, this is the sort of video the far right would share to stir up anti-immigrant hatred. Anyway, reassuring to see other kids intervening at the end.
The little turd in the blue top needs a good slapping himself

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff

It's not politically motivated but the open attacks on the LGBT community by high profile right wingers filters down and normalises this shit.

Tyrion

Honestly I hope every kid that threw a punch is expelled and has to deal with the Gardai. I don't know how much they can do with kids but it is assault.

Police forces are not exactly left leaning organisations.
A couple of hippies occupying a bank or protesting a war and it'd be the public order unit.
Agreed. They don't seem as bad as the police in the US but I'm a little sceptical because of how other police forces can be.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

fecking disgusting. Bunch of repulsive little cowards.

Thank feck someone stepped in cuz it looked like it could’ve escalated even further imo. As it is the poor kid is apparently in hospital with sustained head injuries ffs.

To anyone saying it’s not ‘politically motivated’, it’s a gay kid being badly beaten up by a large gang of homophobic and pro religious people, it’s a hate crime, which is in essence always political motivated.

The slide into right wing hatred is always political, obviously.

Last edited:

poleglass red

that attack was disgusting, that lad who threw first punch, pathetic wimp, cowardly wee rat can't even though a punch, then the other wee savages came in like vultures. What annoys me is I'm in Belfast, roughly 1 hr 1/2 away and have heard or seen nothing about this attack, apart from on here. I'm not sure what happens now, but I hope they get severely punished, although I imagine they won't. That wee rat in the blue, I hate seeing that, hitting someone when they are down, even in a one on one fight, when someone is down like that, it's over, but it's even worse looking in a group attack like that where the victim is just lying there. Hope the young lad is okay....

Raven

I'm currently at a going away party, the anti trans bollocks has started and I've just had to send myself to bed because the other lads have decided to watch/listen to Trumps best bits. We need serious action against the right/far right in this country, it's fecking disgusting.

Raven

The gards are just the blue shirts rebranded, I expect nothing less from them.

Rhyme Animal

I'm currently at a going away party, the anti trans bollocks has started and I've just had to send myself to bed because the other lads have decided to watch/listen to Trumps best bits. We need serious action against the right/far right in this country, it's fecking disgusting.
:( Feel for you mate.

Surround yourself with better people if you can. But it’s horrible isn’t it, so depressing and toxic.

Let’s hope the World can turn a corner with all this right wing bullshit soon… really soon.

Raven

:( Feel for you mate.

Surround yourself with better people if you can. But it’s horrible isn’t it, so depressing and toxic.

Let’s hope the World can turn a corner with all this right wing bullshit soon… really soon.
I honestly think we're staring down the barrell of fascism and I just can't see any way around it anymore. I'm depressed off my head listening to these hateful little cnuts every day in the news, didn't expect my friends to go the same way.

Rhyme Animal

I honestly think we're staring down the barrell of fascism and I just can't see any way around it anymore. I'm depressed off my head listening to these hateful little cnuts every day in the news, didn't expect my friends to go the same way.
I so hope you’re wrong, but yeah, it’s fecking very concerning isn’t it…

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
What's a going away party?

Withnail

Herman Kelly visits West Sligo pushing his brand of Freedom for male heterosexual white people.

These citizen journalist chancers need to feck off. Finds a hotel being renovated and just invents a whole invasion fantasy. Unfortunately a lot of people are too stupid to see though this guff.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
These citizen journalist chancers need to feck off. Finds a hotel being renovated and just invents a whole invasion fantasy. Unfortunately a lot of people are too stupid to see though this guff.

He's Herman Kelly, leader of the Irish Freedom Party, ex Nigel Farage Press officer.

It is poosibly true and the process should be more transparent but his language is pure poison.

I suspect I know who gave them the heads up.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He's Herman Kelly, leader of the Irish Freedom Party, ex Nigel Farage Press officer.

It is poosibly true and the process should be more transparent but his language is pure poison.

I suspect I know who gave them the heads up.
Puke. The accent tells its own story. Full of Irish nationalist rhetoric when it suits him but I doubt that agenda ever came up in any of his work with Farage.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Puke. The accent tells its own story. Full of Irish nationalist rhetoric when it suits him but I doubt that agenda ever came up in any of his work with Farage.

Aye, the Fake patriots are all ex Fine Gael or Christian fundamentalists. There's a high profile ex squaddie who is very vocal.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Was more wondering if he’s a unionist using nationalist propaganda when it suits him? Just seems a bit odd for a Northern Irish republican to be buddying up with someone like Farage.

Yeah, not a Unionist, but not a Republican, though he is from the Bogside, but Derry is a politically savvy town and he has no fans there. Unique path from the Bogside to UKIP. The patriotism in this case is akin to all the northern European toxic nationalism. It just means white. And not one of them queers. This is is where Sinn Fein, like them or not serve an important function. They occupy a lot of the demographics that end up on the far right in other European countries.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Herman Kelly's political views from wiki. Some nuggets of cuntishness in here.

"Kelly advocates for Ireland to leave the European Union and for a united Ireland.[1] In a 2019 interview, he said: "It's not just about leaving the EU, it's about more basic things. It's about freedom of speech, something that's under attack in Ireland, it’s about encouraging work, encouraging families and encouraging people to have children".[21] Kelly is fiscally conservative,[22] and has questioned the financial cost of Ireland's EU contributions.[23]

His party, the Irish Freedom Party, is anti-abortion, pro-natalist and "supportive of stable families for procreation".[24] Kelly has described his views as representing "Irish Catholic nationalism".[25]

He described State redress for victims of institutional abuse as "a State-sponsored ATM machine".
[26]

Some outlets have linked Kelly with alt-right ideologies, pointing to a YouTube interview in which Kelly appeared alongside far-right British Loyalist and former British National Party member Jim Dowson.[27] In the video Kelly stated that "[they want to] kill Irish kids and [..] replace them with every nationality who wants to come into our country",[28] a statement which several news outlets associated with the white nationalist "great replacement" conspiracy theory.[27][29] This followed a similar interview, in January 2019 with LifeSiteNews, in which Kelly denounced what he called the "great replacement of our children".[30] In a 2019 Twitter post, Kelly stated that "those talking about a Great Replacement in Ireland have a point".[31] Later in 2019, Kelly stated that, before an Irish government could make policy changes which result in "population increases [..] immigration or otherwise, it must first consult the people of Ireland".[32] He used the phrase "abort and import" to describe Sinn Féin immigration policy.[33] In interviews and Twitter posts, Kelly has stated that he does not support the idea of separate races or racial superiority,[22][34] while also advocating for a "mono cultural society".[35][36]

Kelly has spoken in favour of free speech,[37] and during 2020 he called for an end to the controls in place to address the COVID-19 pandemic in Ireland.[38]"