The Second RedCafe Sheep Draft

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Mostly because being two-footed offers a lot more from the left, you get actual width from Brehme. Breitner was always a box to box midfielder, always more the playmaker towards the middle, even when played as a leftback. Brehme really was both and probably the stronger defender as well.

I rate the midfielder Breitner higher than the leftback as well. It's easily explained because Breitner moved into midfield before he reached his peak. As brilliant as 20-22 year old Breitner was, he got better soon after leaving the leftback spot behind. Brehme played his peak years as a footballer at leftback.
Thanks for that, cheers.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
@sajeev finally!!.. I would go diamond here, you've got a potentially cracking side. Is it two reinforcements or one this round guys? if it is one.. Marquez replacement was the priority.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Teams:

KPS88
- 1. Dino Zoff, 2. Del Piero, 3. Bergomi, 4. Cannavaro, 5. Papin, 6. Carboni, 7. Redondo, 8. Gascoigne 9. Tigana 10. Donadoni 11. Sagnol 12. Eto'o 13. Garrincha

Joga Bonito - 1. Batteaux, 2. Hierro, 3. A.Cole, 4. Kohler, 5. Littbarski, 6. Schuster, 7. Luisito Suarez, 8. Mark Schwarzer 9. Czibor 10. Burgnich 11. Vieri 12. Mascherano 13. Brehme

Cutch - 1. Lobanovskiy, 2. Nilton Santos, 3. Bozsik, 4. B. Charlton, 5. J.Zanetti, 6. Gento, 7. Stanley Matthews, 8. Just Fontaine 9. Krol 10. Sadurni 11. Gamarra 12. Simeone 13. Nesta

Sajeev - 1. Capello, 2. Seedorf, 3. Davids, 4. R. Marquez, 5. Henry, 6. Canizares, 7. Paul McGrath, 8. Rivaldo 9. Bossis 10. Amoros 11. Kaka 12. Alaba 13. van Basten

BorisDeLaFora - 1. Guttman, 2. Cafu, 3. Lucio, 4. Shevchenko, 5. Stoijkovic, 6. Lizarazu, 7. Souness, 8. Pires 9. Tresor 10. Gerson 11. Buffon 12. Socrates 13. Zico

VivaJanuzaj - 1. Scholes, 2. Ferrara, 3. Kenwyne Jones, 4. Figo, 5. Nedved, 6. Peruzzi, 7. Keane, 8. Dunga 9. Vierchowod 10. Crespo 11. Zambrotta 12. Berthold

NM - 1. Puskas, 2. Platini, 3. Tardelli, 4. Pirlo, 5. Ferdinand, 6. Hamrin, 7. Chilavert, 8. Argelico Fcuks 9. Carlos Alberto 10. Schwarzenbeck 11. Gattuso 12. Ze Roberto

Edgar Allan Pillow - 1. Rocco, 2. Ancelotti, 3. Pantsil, 4. Desailly, 5. Baresi, 6. R. Baggio, 7. Schmeichel, 8. Jairzinho 9. G. Müller 10. Djemba-Djemba 11. Montero 12. Thomas Müller

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
The quality of these teams is going to be incredible tbh, everyone looks strong! Smallest of margins could decide these match ups, can't afford a tactical mishap.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Brehme > Breitner at leftback. It could have made sense to pick Breitner to have the option to play him in midfield later though, but I really prefer Brehme for Joga's team.
Nah, Breitner is the one EAP must be pining for. Stick him at left wingback or CM, either will do for him going forward!

antohan

I am surprised sajeev did not go for a certain replacement for Marquez
@sajeev finally!!.. I would go diamond here, you've got a potentially cracking side. Is it two reinforcements or one this round guys? if it is one.. Marquez replacement was the priority.
I really don't get this. All you guys go about all game is how Henry doesn't work and MvB :drool: and then when reinforcements come have a pop at Márquez. He is absolutely fine but, if needs be, sajeev has various options: DMs, DMs that drop into a three, liberos, CBs that free Bossis up to play central...

Marco? Only one.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I really don't get this. All you guys go about all game is how Henry doesn't work and MvB :drool: and then when reinforcements come have a pop at Márquez. He is absolutely fine but, if needs be, sajeev has various options: DMs, DMs that drop into a three, liberos, CBs that free Bossis up to play central...

Marco? Only one.
Marquez is fine but there is a GOAT in that list for that role

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Nah, Breitner is the one EAP must be pining for. Stick him at left wingback or CM, either will do for him going forward!
I don't get. What have EAP's plans to do with my post?

antohan

I don't get. What have EAP's plans to do with my post?
You said Breitner made more sense than Brehme if the plan was to move him to midfield later. I said that's exactly what EAP should have had his sights on. There's the link.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
You said Breitner made more sense than Brehme if the plan was to move him to midfield later. I said that's exactly what EAP should have had his sights on. There's the link.
It was. Now dashed to pieces.

I had Joga, Viva and NM to go after the fullbacks and first two went straight to stab me in my heart. All NM has to do is dance beside the corpse. I'm so dead!

NM

Teams:

KPS88
- 1. Dino Zoff, 2. Del Piero, 3. Bergomi, 4. Cannavaro, 5. Papin, 6. Carboni, 7. Redondo, 8. Gascoigne 9. Tigana 10. Donadoni 11. Sagnol 12. Eto'o 13. Garrincha

Joga Bonito - 1. Batteaux, 2. Hierro, 3. A.Cole, 4. Kohler, 5. Littbarski, 6. Schuster, 7. Luisito Suarez, 8. Mark Schwarzer 9. Czibor 10. Burgnich 11. Vieri 12. Mascherano 13. Brehme

Cutch - 1. Lobanovskiy, 2. Nilton Santos, 3. Bozsik, 4. B. Charlton, 5. J.Zanetti, 6. Gento, 7. Stanley Matthews, 8. Just Fontaine 9. Krol 10. Sadurni 11. Gamarra 12. Simeone 13. Nesta

Sajeev - 1. Capello, 2. Seedorf, 3. Davids, 4. R. Marquez, 5. Henry, 6. Canizares, 7. Paul McGrath, 8. Rivaldo 9. Bossis 10. Amoros 11. Kaka 12. Alaba 13. van Basten

BorisDeLaFora - 1. Guttman, 2. Cafu, 3. Lucio, 4. Shevchenko, 5. Stoijkovic, 6. Lizarazu, 7. Souness, 8. Pires 9. Tresor 10. Gerson 11. Buffon 12. Socrates 13. Zico

VivaJanuzaj - 1. Scholes, 2. Ferrara, 3. Kenwyne Jones, 4. Figo, 5. Nedved, 6. Peruzzi, 7. Keane, 8. Dunga 9. Vierchowod 10. Crespo 11. Zambrotta 12. Berthold 13. Breitner

NM - 1. Puskas, 2. Platini, 3. Tardelli, 4. Pirlo, 5. Ferdinand, 6. Hamrin, 7. Chilavert, 8. Argelico Fcuks 9. Carlos Alberto 10. Schwarzenbeck 11. Gattuso 12. Ze Roberto

Edgar Allan Pillow - 1. Rocco, 2. Ancelotti, 3. Pantsil, 4. Desailly, 5. Baresi, 6. R. Baggio, 7. Schmeichel, 8. Jairzinho 9. G. Müller 10. Djemba-Djemba 11. Montero 12. Thomas Müller

FFS the full backs are disappearing! I thought I would be able to pick one on the way up.

VivaJanuzaj

Teams:

KPS88

VivaJanuzaj - 1. Scholes, 2. Ferrara, 3. Kenwyne Jones, 4. Figo, 5. Nedved, 6. Peruzzi, 7. Keane, 8. Dunga 9. Vierchowod 10. Crespo 11. Zambrotta 12. Berthold 13. Breitner

FFS the full backs are disappearing! I thought I would be able to pick one on the way up.
You can have Zambtotta if you want.

Just give me Puskas :devil:

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

Marco? Only one.
Anto, Marquez is a decent DM no doubt, but he's going to be sticking out like a sore thumb against some of these sides. Rest of side may be strong enough for him to get away with it mind. In terms of balance, I don't see anything wrong with it but if he comes up against a side which is well-balanced it'll come down to people's perception in terms of the quality of his personnel. Marquez will undoubtedly draw the wrong kind of attention.

NM

So.. Cabrini or Carlos then? Still thinking. Will take a call soon.

antohan

Anto, Marquez is a decent DM no doubt, but he's going to be sticking out like a sore thumb against some of these sides. Rest of side may be strong enough for him to get away with it mind. In terms of balance, I don't see anything wrong with it but if he comes up against a side which is well-balanced it'll come down to people's perception in terms of the quality of his personnel. Marquez will undoubtedly draw the wrong kind of attention.
Yeah, I can see that, but the way it's being banged on about it is almost a case of having to drop him or getting backlash votes (it happens a lot).

I don't see many who can actually execute that better, although it seems everyone is assuming a libero and a DM that drops into a three are the same thing. They are not, similar of course, but not the same.

VivaJanuzaj

So.. Cabrini or Carlos then? Still thinking. Will take a call soon.
Cabrini gets way more credit defensively and not as much attacking, but Carlos is generally underrated in the caf. Almost took him myself instead of Breitner but resisted the temptation

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

Marco? Only one.
But in the increasingly elevated company a defensive and midfield core with Alaba, Marquez and Seedorf is starting to look a little vulnerable. Not that I don't love the attacking potential centred around Marco and Rivaldo - it'll be like a souped up version of Rivaldo's partnership with Kluivert.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
feck it. Going with a personal favorite.

Going with Roberto Carlos

@Edgar Allan Pillow
You couldn't really go wrong either way. Cabrini had the connection with Tardelli and Platini going for him, but Roberto Carlos and Carlos Alberto is a great pair with a nice balance between defense and attack.