The Second RedCafe Sheep Draft

Skizzo

Managers first task.

Each of you needs to PM me with the name of a player. NO restriction of year...But they cannot be a top tier player, nor a sheep. Think of the legacy players from the Reality Draft. Players who would not usually expect to be drafted. Kuyt, Carrick etc. No goalkeepers.

The reason will be unveiled later.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
The point should be that one or the other can make calls, particularly you as manager.
With fixed deadlines in a sheep draft, it shouldn't be a problem though, right? Just stick with the 24 hour deadline no matter what, constantly pushing others to finish rounds early was a bit annoying as well the last time. 12 hours for the 2nd and 3rd rounds for each criterion should work, which means that usually every 48 hours a new criterion starts. No harm in talking it through with an AM here, because it can't delay anything. It also makes it easier for the gamemaster, last time it was almost a full time job for Aldo.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
With fixed deadlines in a sheep draft, it shouldn't be a problem though, right? Just stick with the 24 hour deadline no matter what, constantly pushing others to finish rounds early was a bit annoying as well the last time. 12 hours for the 2nd and 3rd rounds for each criterion should work, which means that usually every 48 hours a new criterion starts. No harm in talking it through with an AM here, because it can't delay anything. It also makes it easier for the gamemaster, last time it was almost a full time job for Aldo.
Oh yeah, I always agreed with that but it will all turn to timetable chaos soon enugh.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Not quite sure on what a top tier player is. Are we talking a GOAT, or someone generally considered to be world class?
I think that "Players who would not usually expect to be drafted" is a pretty good description. Not the usual suspects, as I understand it.

Skizzo

Are spots available?
No openings currently. I can keep you as a reserve if you want? you and @Hernandez - BFA ...unless you want to jump in as someone's AM.

I wouldn't mind a few more and doing group stages etc, but we just did that in the last one so i think it might get a bit tedious for everyone doing it 2 drafts in a row, so 16 was the upper limit I wanted.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
No openings currently. I can keep you as a reserve if you want? you and @Hernandez - BFA ...unless you want to jump in as someone's AM.

I wouldn't mind a few more and doing group stages etc, but we just did that in the last one so i think it might get a bit tedious for everyone doing it 2 drafts in a row, so 16 was the upper limit I wanted.
Thanks for the offer bud, I wouldn't mind being a reserve. Not that bothered if I don't participate because this is quite a fun draft to follow.

I'll quite happy being an AM to anyone. It's crazy how much you learn from following previous drafts.

Last edited:

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Aargh, I just thought of someone who would have been a belter of a nomination for this round who has never featured in a draft before. I haven't really been following this but already slightly regretting not getting involved. I don't think my nerves could handle all the surprises though :D.

1st round criteria

Skizzo

First Round Criteria

Select a player who Would later manage/coach a team in a UEFA Club final.

The competitions that count are - Champions League, European Cup, UEFA Cup, Europa League, And Cup Winners Cup.
The Super Cup and the Fairs Cup do not count.

The player involved should be in charge of the team - head coach/manager. Being part of the coaching staff does not count.

Deadline for this will be January 6th, 8 PM GMT. After this the deadlines for first picks will be 24 hours, and 12 for each subsequent pick. Failure to make a pick in time results in a failed pick. Failed picks on 3rd attempts result in a sheep.

May the drafting be ever in your favour.

Last edited: