The Second RedCafe Sheep Draft

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
:lol:
We are fecked, aren't we? Off to do some research, but I would expect a sheep massacre here.

Only UEFA Cup, no Inter-Cities and Europa League?

Skizzo

You can send submissions now. The deadline to send a pick is on January 6th at 8pm. So it needs to be in before then.

There's no limits on picks. The nominations you sent earlier have nothing to do with anything yet :)

harms

Staff
The competitions that count are - Champions League, European Cup, UEFA Cup, Europa League, And Cup Winners Cup.
The Super Cup and the Fairs Cup do not count.
Shame on me, completely missed it. I blame the booze! Well, it's not that bad then.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
First Round Criteria

Select a player who Would later manage/coach a team in a UEFA Cup final.

The competitions that count are - Champions League, European Cup, UEFA Cup, Europa League, And Cup Winners Cup.
The Super Cup and the Fairs Cup do not count.

The player involved should be in charge of the team - head coach/manager. Being part of the coaching staff does not count.

Deadline for this will be January 6th, 8 PM GMT. After this the deadlines for first picks will be 24 hours, and 12 for each subsequent pick. Failure to make a pick in time results in a failed pick. Failed picks on 3rd attempts result in a sheep.

May the drafting be ever in your favour.

Hm. I presume what you're after here is a player who went on to manage a team which reached the final of a UEFA club competition.

So, that's what you should state - as the criterion. You're not looking for players who went on to manage a team in a "UEFA Cup final", as the post states. Ambiguity, my friend - is your enemy number one.

The old Fairs Cup was not a UEFA competition as such, so that's neither here nor there if we're talking proper UEFA tournaments. The wording, then, might be: "A player who went on to manage/coach a team in the final of a UEFA organized competition, the latter being, in this context, the European Cup, the Cup Winner's Cup, the UEFA Cup, the Champions League and the Europa League. The European/UEFA Super Cup does not count."

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
@Chesterlestreet That Was A Typo Error On My part. I was meaning to write club instead of cup. Hence why I listed the available competitions underneath.
Ah - good. But trust me - correct the typo. In the OP. People are nuts. I mean, they're really nuts - more nuts than me, even.

kps88

Geez that's a tough opening round. There's probably only around 10 worth picking.

harms

Staff
It feels like this musical chairs game. And this round is a revelation for me - I finally saw the amount of chairs and understood that it won't be enough for all of us. The deadline is days away and I'm already overthinking it - I'm afraid that I've lost every mindgame before they even began :lol: Scary.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Picking sheep should be fun in this round :D. Some great great managers with average to bad playing careers who would make magnificent sheep.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
It feels like this musical chairs game. And this round is a revelation for me - I finally saw the amount of chairs and understood that it won't be enough for all of us. The deadline is days away and I'm already overthinking it - I'm afraid that I've lost every mindgame before they even began :lol: Scary.

That statue must be vandalised regularly.

kps88

Don't waste your time over thinking it. When the pool is this small it comes down to luck.

harms

Staff
Don't waste your time over thinking it. When the pool is this small it comes down to luck.
I know, but I can't help myself with the amount of time available.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Is this like the last draft where we can change our picks up until the last submission ?

I'm not changing this one, just clarifying.

Skizzo

is the nationality rule still applying skizzo?
No, made the criteria tougher, so scrapped the nationality rule. I'm too kind :)

As for changing picks. Once you PM me a pick, that's your final choice. It will be too hard to keep track if people PM me multiple answers for one round because they keep changing.

And yes, some rounds will be somewhat easier. I just wanted to crush some morale while we get underway :)

NM

Anybody willing to be an AM or be somebody I can bounce ideas off?

NM

Geez that's a tough opening round. There's probably only around 10 worth picking.
I got 11 I wouldn't mind without thinking too much. Let's see if I can find more.

Skizzo

There's a good enough pool. It's just a matter of whether you take a risk, play it safe, risk letting someone else get this guy or that guy.

That's why it's fun on this side for once :)

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Ah, yes, the fun sheep draft. This should be really fun to spectate. I'd love to get involved in these drafts, but I lack the research time and knowledge of some of the other competitors, so I don't want to get embarrassed. Still, though, this should be a fun draft.

harms

Staff
I got 11 I wouldn't mind without thinking too much. Let's see if I can find more.
There are more. 15-16 very, very good players, most of them are relatively safe picks, because of the amount of people that will go for the "elephants". And a couple of decent ones

NM

There's a good enough pool. It's just a matter of whether you take a risk, play it safe, risk letting someone else get this guy or that guy.

That's why it's fun on this side for once :)
I can imagine you sniggering as the picks come in and we are all doomed. @Theon @Snow want to bounce ideas?