The Second RedCafe Sheep Draft

MJJ

No doubt. He was the first one who sprang to mind - partially because I've always wanted to see him shine in a draft (which he never has, to my knowledge).

We have a candidate at United, be it said, who is a striker both lethal, link-up proficient and certainly used to playing with (even) bigger names than himself:

The King!
Helped me win a draft where I had fibreglass and Emerson as my two mid. This was when the whole of caf was convinced that fabregas could only play as a number ten now.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Helped me win a draft where I had fibreglass and Emerson as my two mid. This was when the whole of caf was convinced that fabregas could only play as a number ten now.
He made it to the final in the All Time British one too, IIRC - which is less of a surprise, granted. Skizzo and Pat had him, didn't they? Against...you?

Anyway, he's an amazing striker, one of the best. And admirably suited, in my opinion, for playing a role he never got to play historically - viz. as a sole striker of the sort who would excel in a more modern set-up.

MJJ

He made it to the final in the All Time British one too, IIRC - which is less of a surprise, granted. Skizzo and Pat had him, didn't they? Against...you?

Anyway, he's an amazing striker, one of the best. And admirably suited, in my opinion, for playing a role he never got to play historically - viz. as a sole striker of the sort who would excel in a more modern set-up.
Nah they had law upfront. Think rooney went out quick in that one.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
I think I have won both the auction drafts here(think we have only had two) :cool:
Feckin Edgar gift-wrapping Souness for you in the reinforcements before the semi-finals :mad:;).

That's what I meant! They had Law upfront. You had Rooney in the other one? That's interesting.
Aye, we picked up Law before the semis. I loved having The King up front, though I was less keen on shifting Charles to centre back. By all accounts he was excellent there, but there wasn't much footage that I could find, and I think its fair to say that it was his performances at centre forward that overwhelmingly explain his legendary status. Shunting him back into defence sort of feels like just trying to squeeze another big name into a team. I'd have loved to have went with Charles and Law up front in a 4-4-2, but the remaining teams were very strong in midfield so we felt we couldn't risk it, especially with ol' Lawro getting an underwhelming reception at centre back in previous games.

Law was a truly brilliant player though. He seems to get pigeon-holed as a pure finisher, but his flair and creativity were brilliant too.

MJJ

Feckin Edgar gift-wrapping Souness for you in the reinforcements before the semi-finals :mad:;).

Aye, we picked up Law before the semis. I loved having The King up front, though I was less keen on shifting Charles to centre back. By all accounts he was excellent there, but there wasn't much footage that I could find, and I think its fair to say that it was his performances at centre forward that overwhelmingly explain his legendary status. Shunting him back into defence sort of feels like just trying to squeeze another big name into a team. I'd have loved to have went with Charles and Law up front in a 4-4-2, but the remaining teams were very strong in midfield so we felt we couldn't risk it, especially with ol' Lawro getting an underwhelming reception at centre back in previous games.

Law was a truly brilliant player though. He seems to get pigeon-holed as a pure finisher, but his flair and creativity were brilliant too.
And helped me avoid annah by playing a non-eligible team.

Skizzo

Heading to bed, so hopefully @Balu cam do what he does so well :)

Won't be around much today as it's my birthday. Having some family over. Good luck to both managers. Should be a cracking game.

Hopefully you've all enjoyed the draft.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd

Won't be around much today as it's my birthday. Having some family over. Good luck to both managers. Should be a cracking game.

It's been a very enjoyable draft to follow - lots of laughs, lots of good discussions and even the odd surprise inclusion in the teams here and there. All you can ask for, really.

Enjoy your birthday, mate!

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Heading to bed, so hopefully @Balu cam do what he does so well :) Won't be around much today as it's my birthday. Having some family over. Good luck to both managers. Should be a cracking game. Hopefully you've all enjoyed the draft.
Have a nice day. It's been a great draft.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.

Happy birthday mate! Its been a great draft to follow. Good laughs, miniml delays, some excellent discussions and some different names coming to the fore this time which is always good.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

Have a nice one! Thanks for the draft, I certainly had fun (though my peak was an early one - that Hidegkuti pick was definitely my finest moment in the draft) even as a neutral. And thanks to @Balu

VivaJanuzaj

Thanks @Skizzo and @Balu , been a real delight and I think my semi final team is by far my favorite team of all times. It's been a real delight and these sheep drafts are always exciting. Will see you guys at the next draft :)

MDFC Manager

Belated happy birthday @Skizzo! Hope you had a great time. And thanks to you and @Balu for organizing the whole thing. Was my first try but I had a load of fun and it kept me nicely occupied for a good amount of time. Big congrats to @Cutch, that was a superb team you built, and also to @kps88 who had an excellent team as well. Also thanks to everyone who gave feedback and advice throughout the whole thing :)

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich

Skizzo

You're welcome everyone, and thanks for the birthday wishes. Glad you all enjoyed the draft. Was my first time running one, and tried to keep it interesting. Could have done with ironing a few things out before trying to implement them, but glad you guys rolled with the punches and carried on.

Big thanks to @Balu who covered me with the time zones to keep this moving, otherwise it could have died out quickly.

Thanks to the committee @Gio @Chesterlestreet @antohan for their advice and help throughout.

Sign me up for the next one :)