The Second RedCafe Sheep Draft

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Platini after getting Laudrup last turn? And no LW? mmm
They played together and it was alright. Not fantastic, but alright.

Carboni is a weak spot on this level though, imo, and I'm not sure that with the amount of creativity here he wouldn't have been better off with Muller instead of Puskas.

MDFC Manager

Carboni is a weak spot on this level though, imo, and I'm not sure that with the amount of creativity here he wouldn't have been better off with Muller instead of Puskas.
I was almost certain that is what he'd have done. But Puskas is just un-ignorable i guess.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
They played together and it was alright. Not fantastic, but alright.

I suppose the beauty of it for Kps is that the only right-winger holding a significant mis-match over Carboni is already in his hands, whereas the Italian has fared well against the likes of Figo in the past.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Scirea got shamefully ignored. I kinda expected Joga to pick Scirea and play Hierro in midfield instead of Mascherano.

Brehme, Kohler, Scirea, Burgnich would have been such a brilliant defense.
:(

Shame that I (and others too, I guess) am not really overly convinced about Hierro in that midfield role. If I had a Popescu type player, I would have put him in midfield in a blink.

Normally, I wouldn't have minded Mascherano going into the next match but with the ridiculous midfields and No 10s on show here, it just didn't seem right.

Hierro is an excellent defender himself and I think my defense overall, has become stronger with Davids there. More so than upgrading Hierro with Scirea imo but yeah, like I said earlier, it was a tough call not to go for Scirea for that :drool: defense.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
I was almost certain that is what he'd have done. But Puskas is just un-ignorable i guess.
If a better tactical fit was available, without losing too much star quality, then yes, he can be ignored :)

@kps88

When do you want to have our match? Good luck, looking forward to it.

VivaJanuzaj

That draw was a no win really. All of you's look a force. Working long days Monday to Thursday but don't wanna drag this out too long for rest of you's. What's your preferred day?
I'll find time whenever you choose, but I prefer weekdays because the weekends are slow in the caf(plus I have a life :D). So your call mate

kps88

When do you want to have our match? Good luck, looking forward to it.
Any time these next three days is fine with me. Guess we just shouldn't clash with the other semi final. Would tomorrow or Wednesday work for you?

kps88

I'm thinkin maybe a start about 8pm on wednesday? Would give me a couple of hours at start and end to get involved, and maybe a wee bit inbetween.
That's match time. Would be pretty dead at the start.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Any time these next three days is fine with me. Guess we just shouldn't clash with the other semi final. Would tomorrow or Wednesday work for you?
Hmm Wed or Thursday ideally, will be fine with me.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Yeah, Viva should have picked Desailly. Dunga is OK, but Desailly would have elevated it to a different level.
Also surprised by kps picks. Platini after getting Laudrup last turn? And no LW? mmm
Laudrup can play left wing. Nothing wrong with him there IMO. I think his side would look great and would be incredible to watch.

Really would have preferred Muller to Puskas though, but it's not huge point.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Any chance for tommorow mid day so the match will end by the Burnley match starts? Or you won't have time? I can also do Thursday but prefer not to
Ok, just got a writeup sent in there so i'm good to go tomorrow. Around 3pm kickoff will probably work the best. I will struggle to be on much but will be try and be on just when i can. No point havin it draggin on til next wkend.

@kps88 @Joga Bonito @Skizzo @Balu

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Final teams for the semifinals:

VivaJanuzaj - 1. Scholes, 2. Ferrara, 3. Kenwyne Jones, 4. Figo, 5. Nedved, 6. Peruzzi, 7. Keane, 8. Dunga 9. Vierchowod 10. Crespo 11. Zambrotta 12. Berthold 13. Breitner 14. Batistuta 15. Baresi 16. Carlos Alberto

Cutch - 1. Lobanovskiy, 2. Nilton Santos, 3. Bozsik, 4. B. Charlton, 5. J.Zanetti, 6. Gento, 7. Stanley Matthews, 8. Just Fontaine 9. Krol 10. Sadurni 11. Gamarra 12. Simeone 13. Nesta 14. Van Der Sar 15. Desailly 16. Passarella

Joga Bonito - 1. Batteaux, 2. Hierro, 3. A.Cole, 4. Kohler, 5. Littbarski, 6. Schuster, 7. Luisito Suarez, 8. Mark Schwarzer 9. Czibor 10. Burgnich 11. Vieri 12. Mascherano 13. Brehme 14. Kahn 15. van Basten 16. Davids

KPS88 - 1. Dino Zoff, 2. Del Piero, 3. Bergomi, 4. Cannavaro, 5. Papin, 6. Carboni, 7. Redondo, 8. Gascoigne 9. Tigana 10. Donadoni 11. Sagnol 12. Eto'o 13. Garrincha 14. Laudrup 15. Puskas 16. Platini
Great to see the managers picking based on perceived needs rather than just stockpiling the big name forwards, even if it has led to the likes of Muller and Baggio missing out on the semi-finals. That said, KPS might just win this on the strength of his forwards now that he's added so much firepower, if he can find a coherent way to make them all fit in. I try not to analyse and second guess too much before the games as a voter, as I like to read the lineups and tactics in the match threads with an open mind. Looking forward to seeing what he comes up with.

kps88

The other game is today at 3 pm GMT.
Oh my bad, got my time zones mixed up. Either Wednesday or Thursday works for me then. Have already sent in my lineup so we can go with whatever Joga prefers.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Just posted tactics and writeup @Cutch
Good luck mate, should be a great contest.
At first I thought this would be one sided, but @VivaJanuzaj I was analysing your potential tactics and I think you could pose a fair bit of trouble here. I am undecided who to vote, best of luck both of you.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
At first I thought this would be one sided, but @VivaJanuzaj I was analysing your potential tactics and I think you could pose a fair bit of trouble here. I am undecided who to vote, best of luck both of you.
All 4 sides looking strong at this point. Didn't get a chance to reply to a couple of your posts in the match thread btw but thanks for the support so far :)

VivaJanuzaj

Hopefully :)

All 4 sides looking strong at this point. Didn't get a chance to reply to a couple of your posts in the match thread btw but thanks for the support so far :)
This. There were really no easy draws at this stage.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
The first semifinal will start in a few minutes.

NoPace

Great to see the managers picking based on perceived needs rather than just stockpiling the big name forwards, even if it has led to the likes of Muller and Baggio missing out on the semi-finals. That said, KPS might just win this on the strength of his forwards now that he's added so much firepower, if he can find a coherent way to make them all fit in. I try not to analyse and second guess too much before the games as a voter, as I like to read the lineups and tactics in the match threads with an open mind. Looking forward to seeing what he comes up with.
I'm not sure Baggio/Zambrotta doesn't edge out Crespo/Alberto considering the fit with the rest of VJ's team, but I'm really not a fan of playing with 2 out and out 9's up front.

Conversely, I think KPS could have just gone for Platini instead of Platini and Puskas and sold Etoo as a monster of a goal threat with Laudrup-Platini-Garrincha (and Redondo) setting him up, then used the other pick on a 3rd really class defender to go with Bergomi, Cannavaro and carry whichever fullback he prefers between Sagnol and Carboni.