The significance of that touch line bustup

Needham

It was the actions of a man obsessed with Chelsea.

Between his constant reminders of his titles at Chelsea to his feud with Conte it's clear he only gets excited when it's Chelsea.

look how he ignores anything Pep does yet anyone related with Chelsea comes into view he's up ready for fight
He's shrewdly avoiding a Pep soap opera because he knows he is not in a moment where he can compete on the pitch.
Chelsea or any other one club can never be an obsession with Mourinho. He may be obsessed with his own brilliant CV but that walk across the pitch Saturday was the emotional result of the fracas that had just preceded it.

Reddy Rederson

I was listening to it being talked about on the radio earlier, and honestly it made me very annoyed to listen to these gobshit gutter press. One cnut, dont know his name, laid all the blame at joses feet. pretty much he shouldnt have reacted and he was "bang out of order for reacting". No mention of cnut that started the whole thing, no. It was all Mourinhos fault for reacting.

I didnt want here when we sacked LVG. And while I know we are far from perfect, Im happy to give him time to turn it around. But when I hear the shit on the radio or read the bullshit clickbait headlines, I want him here for no other reason than to piss off all the gutter press trash.

Reddy Rederson

It was the actions of a man obsessed with Chelsea.

Between his constant reminders of his titles at Chelsea to his feud with Conte it's clear he only gets excited when it's Chelsea.

look how he ignores anything Pep does yet anyone related with Chelsea comes into view he's up ready for fight

It's like your gf being obsessed with her ex . What's the point of staying in the relationship when you will always come second to the ex?
All the chelsea fans shouting "feck off Jose", what else would he do? he did serve them well and deserves more than "feck off jose" being sung by all those nasty bigoted cnuts. If ronnie puts three in against us are we gonna sing feck off you rapist wanker?". No, we'll give him his due for the part he played here. Just like we would anyone else.

FutbolFan

Supports
Chelsea
All the chelsea fans shouting "feck off Jose", what else would he do? he did serve them well and deserves more than "feck off jose" being sung by all those nasty bigoted cnuts. If ronnie puts three in against us are we gonna sing feck off you rapist wanker?". No, we'll give him his due for the part he played here. Just like we would anyone else.
This has been discussed in othe thread. Chelsea fans DID give him a resounding standing ovation on his first trip back. Since then he has said much and now as long as he manages Man Utd, he wont be cherished. Only a small section booed him (Entire stadium applauded Mata as always) and they are entitled to their opinion.

Reddy Rederson

This has been discussed in othe thread. Chelsea fans DID give him a resounding standing ovation on his first trip back. Since then he has said much and now as long as he manages Man Utd, he wont be cherished. Only a small section booed him (Entire stadium applauded Mata as always) and they are entitled to their opinion.
No one needs to suck his dick, but as long you keep disrespecting him hes going to shove his 3 titles in your face. And a small section? Was it feck. It was so loud the commentators had to apologise for it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
..is that there was none.

I knew that some would bemoan his behavior and others would hail it as evidence of his "winning mentality".

The former is just an evident desire to criticise any and every action, and magnify it without any justification.

And I find the latter hilarious. People here are obsessed with winning mentality, character and attitude winning us titles in the absence of good football. I remember when we got Mourinho, Pogba and Ibra. People couldn't stop going on and on about how we were a club of proper men and proper winners now with character. Oh yeah. That was proceeded by Chelsea and City leaving us in the dust for two seasons, disjointed dull football and a woeful start to season 3.

RedDevil@84

I don't really see anything in it. The Chelsea staff acted like a di** for whatever reasons to come out running from his dug out and dance in front of Jose and others and not sure if something was said either, maybe he did. Jose reacted violently, because he wasn't impressed. Looked to be something at the spur of the moment. Sarri and the guy apologized and Jose accepted the apology. Jose even went on to accept that he has acted immaturely like that sometimes in the past and all is forgiven.

Coming to keep moaning about the 3 titles, again Chelsea fans for whatever reason like to boo him. I am not sure how much s**t talk he has done about Chelsea after leaving, but it could be that or maybe because fans know he will react to it. Now Jose is a cocky guy and has always been that.

Overall, I don't really attach any significance to it. The match against Juve will be very very tough and all this won't really matter to the next match in hand.

ash_86

Many who want him out justified what he did in the match day thread immediately. I don't think many could argue otherwise however bad they hate Mourinho.

haram

Everyone is out to get our manager. I hope the players keep fighting.

Ashley R1+O

I didn't think there was any dispute in the fact that he's up for this fight and wants the players to be as well. Some twat said something and he arced up. Wouldn't expect anything less to be honest.

FutbolFan

Supports
Chelsea
No one needs to suck his dick, but as long you keep disrespecting him hes going to shove his 3 titles in your face. And a small section? Was it feck. It was so loud the commentators had to apologise for it.
Yup..you see that section of the crowd, the staff idiot who egged Mou and Mou himself all share a common trait..Pettiness and lack of Class!

Personally, I have spent years of my life rooting for him through wins, losses and all the controversies so wont ever boo him. He shall always be one of top managers in our club's history and has shaped our success and the image that rivals have of Chelsea for better or worse.

simplyared

Of course it's results that will decide Jose's fate. Our current position in the league table leaves a lot to be desired and we need to start climbing asap. However the point is that what happened on Saturday, which is negative in itself, could well have had an adverse effect and hopefully help to unify the dressing room and get the players and the so called divas to rally round him.

Negan

I’ve always been pro Jose but I think taking Mata and Martial off to “shut up shop” was a terrible idea. I was screaming at the TV at the time. We could have possibly got a third goal with those two on.

Marcky411

And as usual Jose grabs the limelight, I don't know if anything was said or was it just a prick celebrating but that was the most fight we have seen from Jose as UTD manager yet,(nearly as funny as LvG throwing himself on the ground) pity it was in a negative way. The sad part of it all was everything good and bad about that game/tactics etc got swept under the carpet, it all ended up being about Jose's touchline antics.
What it should've been about was why are we so defensive when we do have the players to got toe to toe with the top teams, why do we only start playing football once we go behind? How Martial (who he has treated like shit and wanted to sell in the summer) has saved his butt 2 weeks in a row. How bad must Lukaku get before he gets dropped, why do we take off the players that made the difference to try and close shop, when our track record has proven that our defense is too fragile to be inviting unnecessary pressure onto it but yet these are the tactics he chooses with every time.
It is funny to think that Jose was know for building these great defenses, was considered a tactical genius but yet at UTD we haven't seen this from him at all. Our defense at the moment hasn't been this shaky in years, we had quite a good track record defensively the past 3-4 years. Fast forward to this season, Rui Faria has left and we are a complete mess at the back, just makes you think and I do not believe buying another defender will solve the problem because defending doesn't rely on one player alone.

manc exile

Supports
City
Have to admit, I changed my vote after the West ham game, but if we can be close to or in top 4 by Christmas I will be happy and back him, top 4 would be a good achievement considering the poor transfer window. And I genuinely hope he can keep us playing like we have in the last 2 2nd halves.

When people say, it’s the modern game now and we won’t find another fergie, I reckon if a manager can deliver relative success we will keep him for as long as possible.

Still, for Mourinho, it’s a big ask to expect similar performances and wins consistently.
relative to what?
Jose is the fourth most successful united manager in history in terms of major trophies won.
i still want him gone

Josh 76

And as usual Jose grabs the limelight, I don't know if anything was said or was it just a prick celebrating but that was the most fight we have seen from Jose as UTD manager yet,(nearly as funny as LvG throwing himself on the ground) pity it was in a negative way. The sad part of it all was everything good and bad about that game/tactics etc got swept under the carpet, it all ended up being about Jose's touchline antics.
What it should've been about was why are we so defensive when we do have the players to got toe to toe with the top teams, why do we only start playing football once we go behind? How Martial (who he has treated like shit and wanted to sell in the summer) has saved his butt 2 weeks in a row. How bad must Lukaku get before he gets dropped, why do we take off the players that made the difference to try and close shop, when our track record has proven that our defense is too fragile to be inviting unnecessary pressure onto it but yet these are the tactics he chooses with every time.
It is funny to think that Jose was know for building these great defenses, was considered a tactical genius but yet at UTD we haven't seen this from him at all. Our defense at the moment hasn't been this shaky in years, we had quite a good track record defensively the past 3-4 years. Fast forward to this season, Rui Faria has left and we are a complete mess at the back, just makes you think and I do not believe buying another defender will solve the problem because defending doesn't rely on one player alone.
Totally agree.
Great post.

Web of Bissaka

Not sure what some fans here expect our manager to do in that situation, but it sounds like their demand here is Mourinho should let the shitty prick walk all over us.
Do nothing, sit on your bum, react nothing.

Rather have a strong backbone manager who'll react to that and confront! than a gent who'll likely ignore this shit, letting it slide.

I'm impress with the reactions of our players and coaches - they joined in and do what's necessary. Keep on fighting for the club. Many pundits afterwards are also sensible and in support.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
My first thoughts after seeing the incident was that Jose went over the top, an overreaction, he’s seeking attention again wanting to be in the limelight, etc etc.

Being one of the Jose out brigade (yes I’m calling him Jose now and not Mourinho) it added even more fuel to the fire and it made me as sure as ever he is not the man who should be our manager.

However, listening to his post match comments again, and having more time to reflect on the incident, I’m suddenly finding myself changing my stance and heaping praise on him instead.

What he showed yesterday was a spontanious, totally natural reaction of a man who is a winner and 100% committed to our club. He didn’t think for a second he was at Stamford Bridge. Yesterday he was our manager and the fact he’d had some of his best days and fondest memories during his time at Chelsea, didn’t mean a shit. Seeing that late goal go in almost killed him, no doubt about that!

I hope the board also see the incident through positive eyes and nothing else. If so I’m convinced that that single incident can prove to be more important than the result of the game for his, the player's and the club's nearest future, and could well be a catalyst to get things on track again and start climbing up the table.

Anyone else among the Jose doubters feel the same?
I share the same sentiment. I really really wanted him gone before Newcastle game. But now i have that feeling that both Newcastle and Chelsea games could have been the decisive moments. Newcastle could have been Mou's Nottingham Forest game.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I honestly couldn’t give a feck of how much fire and desire a manager has. Gary Neville would have 100 times more passion than Mourinho so it means nothing for being our manager.

mav_9me

I don't think there was any real significance to it.

The Chelsea guy got excited and acted like a prick, Mourinho reacted in a way that was ultimately harmless, Sarri and the Chelsea guy rightly apologised, Mourinho rightly forgave him knowing he's acted like a prick in the past too.

No harm done to anyone, no real positives or negatives to draw from it.
I find myself not moved at all by the reaction if I'm being honest. I care about the result, the performance (both good), not the theatrics of events like these.
It’s got nothing to do with affiliation to anyone. It was a natural human reaction of someone being goaded by a twat.
..is that there was none.

I knew that some would bemoan his behavior and others would hail it as evidence of his "winning mentality".

The former is just an evident desire to criticise any and every action, and magnify it without any justification.

And I find the latter hilarious. People here are obsessed with winning mentality, character and attitude winning us titles in the absence of good football. I remember when we got Mourinho, Pogba and Ibra. People couldn't stop going on and on about how we were a club of proper men and proper winners now with character. Oh yeah. That was proceeded by Chelsea and City leaving us in the dust for two seasons, disjointed dull football and a woeful start to season 3.
Where I am. What he did was a natural reaction. Nothing more nothing less.

Seanus

Imagine the sh*tstorm if Jose had done what the tw*t from Chelsea did! Guess a nobody from Italy doesn't generate clicks.

Toad

I forgot about it about 20 minutes after it happened. Was nothing.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
My first thoughts after seeing the incident was that Jose went over the top, an overreaction, he’s seeking attention again wanting to be in the limelight, etc etc.

Being one of the Jose out brigade (yes I’m calling him Jose now and not Mourinho) it added even more fuel to the fire and it made me as sure as ever he is not the man who should be our manager.

However, listening to his post match comments again, and having more time to reflect on the incident, I’m suddenly finding myself changing my stance and heaping praise on him instead.

What he showed yesterday was a spontanious, totally natural reaction of a man who is a winner and 100% committed to our club. He didn’t think for a second he was at Stamford Bridge. Yesterday he was our manager and the fact he’d had some of his best days and fondest memories during his time at Chelsea, didn’t mean a shit. Seeing that late goal go in almost killed him, no doubt about that!

I hope the board also see the incident through positive eyes and nothing else. If so I’m convinced that that single incident can prove to be more important than the result of the game for his, the player's and the club's nearest future, and could well be a catalyst to get things on track again and start climbing up the table.

Anyone else among the Jose doubters feel the same?
has it ever occured to you, that if Jose wants out (as in actively looking to get sacked) he could easily do so? There's so much more he could or could not have done if his only aims is to get sacked, he could act classy and still make sure we finished 6th, or he could act alot more worse if he's looking to get sacked on the spot.

I don't believe Mourinho wants Mourinho to fail, he migh fail at the end, but I have no doubt he would want himself to succeed, if not for United.

His way is not everyone's cup of tea, SAF way wasn't every player cup of tea as well but being so long with us there's only his way or the highway for better or worse. At the end of the day the winner writes history, SAF could do what Jose did and we will label it as passion, Moyes could impersonate SAF to the very tee and we will still want him sacked.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
So Sarri thought the need to apologise profusely, as did the assistant after the game. The players around Jose reacted far before he did, so whatever was said can’t have been particularly good. Jose then accepts the apologies and said he doesn’t want to speak of the matter any longer. Even his most ardent detractors are sympathetic here but this is your take on it?

:lol:

I reckon if he just ignored it you’d have berated him for showing a lack of fight. “Even the players reacted to it and Jose just sat there. Does he not care any more?”

padzilla

Hipster
Jose is a human being and gave a human reaction. Would we prefer someone like Southgate who conducts himself properly by wearing waist coats and saying nice media soundbites but will never win anything?

SirAF

Ageist
:lol: :lol:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I don't think theres a United fan who's upset with how Jose reacted. Wish that twat got decked tbh.
However, that incident has no bearing on our season. Players or managers fighting is not enough to win points consistently in this league .

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It was great - all a part of the drama and spectacle imo.
Pretty much. Never understood people who say they don't like seeing acts of aggression or histrionics. They're usually harmless but they get everyone fired up and this imo is what this game is all about. If you just wanna watch skill and technique then might as well follow synchronized swimming. Pride and passion is what sport is all about. I'll take this behaviour any day over saintly forgiveness and hugging and kissing. On the pitch for 90 minutes its a battle and that's how it should be.

TrueRed79

Can't help but feel Sarri and the rest of Chelsea's Italian coaches despise Jose, probably due to his spat with Conte and his time with Inter. Let's not forget Jose is a massive cnut.

Irrational.

That was their reaction to an equaliser. Imagine if it was the winner.

Though it probably did feel like a win to the wankers. :(

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I liked the fact that the players (Bailly especially) jumped to his aid, this plus the recent performances suggest he's far from lost the dressing room

It would still be a foolish man to put money on him being here next season

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I liked both the provocative celebration and Mou's reaction. Nothing wrong with a bit of drama in football.

Mou's angry eyes when he went the cnut walked past him were fecking golden.

Eric's Seagull

It is funny to think that Jose was know for building these great defenses, was considered a tactical genius but yet at UTD we haven't seen this from him at all.
This is something I've been wondering for a while as one thing I was expecting to be under him was always solid defensively. At one point I had total confidence that he had the judgement to get in the right players, at least defensively; and make us solid at the back.

SirAF

Ageist
Pretty much. Never understood people who say they don't like seeing acts of aggression or histrionics. They're usually harmless but they get everyone fired up and this imo is what this game is all about. If you just wanna watch skill and technique then might as well follow synchronized swimming. Pride and passion is what sport is all about. I'll take this behaviour any day over saintly forgiveness and hugging and kissing. On the pitch for 90 minutes its a battle and that's how it should be.
Absolutely.