Gaming The SM RedCafe League

LitterBug

No-one likes (a) litterbug
Maybe we should introduce a further 5 player cap/10 player loan cap so some more players can become available and satisfy the leagues need for quality.

I don't see how it is useful for anyone that 4-5 clubs have a second string team of 88-90 players. Maybe even add a rule that players with a level 2-3 concern must be sold.

Something to make things more interesting for everyone. The cap obviously revitalised the league, something more is needed to make people stay.

green_smiley

:lol:
Supports
#Justice4Wang!
Maybe we should introduce a further 5 player cap/10 player loan cap so some more players can become available and satisfy the leagues need for quality.

I don't see how it is useful for anyone that 4-5 clubs have a second string team of 88-90 players. Maybe even add a rule that players with a level 2-3 concern must be sold.

Something to make things more interesting for everyone. The cap obviously revitalised the league, something more is needed to make people stay.
I agree. Further 5 player cap (10 player cap is too many) plus selling of players with level 2 concern or more

green_smiley

Supports
#Justice4Wang!
We've been playing this for 3 years. The squad cap is fine the way it is, its working fine. You newbies need to have more patience.
And because it would affect everyone that hogs all those young talents :p

Current squad cap works now because we only have 40 managers. When more join, the cap limit has to be revised. A squad with 40 players (including youth) is just right

LitterBug

We've been playing this for 3 years. The squad cap is fine the way it is, its working fine. You newbies need to have more patience.
Even if we play this for a further 3 years those players won't become magically available especially as they progress. They can only become available to those 4-5 clubs with massive amounts of cash or talent to swap with.

Having 40 players instead of 45 or 45 instead of 50 won't make the slightest difference for the top 4-5 clubs but a massive one for the other 20 or so clubs.

Myabe we should have a vote on it...

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
And because it would affect everyone that hogs all those young talents :p

Current squad cap works now because we only have 40 managers. When more join, the cap limit has to be revised. A squad with 40 players (including youth) is just right
The cap was introduced to punish the high earning clubs. Its got nothing to do with "hogging". We've been at this for 3 years mate, theres no hogging at all, if you joined 3 years ago youd be in the same position. The cap works very well, if we want to sign someone we have to sell, come August when the next batch of risers appear the "hogging" sauads wont have room to buy them and hence the rest of you will go for them. Most of my players I bought rated 85 or below, you turds will have to be patient like I have and watch them rise. Enjoy.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
The only thing i think should happen is the 40 to 50K capacity should be moved in to a different section than damien, most of us in that group are closer to the lowest stadium capacity that to OT.

green_smiley

Supports
#Justice4Wang!
Damien will do what is best for the league. I had similar thought as LB when Damien raised a concern of how to keep all managers we have now. I didn't post it here because someone will have negative reaction about this idea. LB is courageous enough to bring it up first and I don't want people to jump onto the bandwagon and slaugh...erm criticize him

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Damien will do what is best for the league. I had similar thought as LB when Damien raised a concern of how to keep all managers we have now. I didn't post it here because someone will have negative reaction about this idea. LB is courageous enough to bring it up first and I don't want people to jump onto the bandwagon and slaugh...erm criticize him
The way it is set up in our league at the moment it alright you could tweak it a little bit but nothing drastic, after all most of us play it to find risers and transfers, winning games is like tossing a coin so we are most defiantly not playing it because of the match engine because that is just shit and with SM putting more focus on there offline game its not really going to change any time soon.

The point of the smaller teams having more slots availabe is so they can sign more players that rise to make more money, remember they dont all have to reach 90 before you would make a profit if you find them in the mid 70s and sell in the 80's you will make a couple of million profit.

green_smiley

Supports
#Justice4Wang!
The way it is set up in our league at the moment it alright you could tweak it a little bit but nothing drastic, after all most of us play it to find risers and transfers, winning games is like tossing a coin so we are most defiantly not playing it because of the match engine because that is just shit and with SM putting more focus on there offline game its not really going to change any time soon.

The point of the smaller teams having more slots availabe is so they can sign more players that rise to make more money, remember they dont all have to reach 90 before you would make a profit if you find them in the mid 70s and sell in the 80's you will make a couple of million profit.
I am not complaining. Current setup is fine. It is just a suggestion moving forward

Varun

Staff
The cap is fine as it is. Instead of wanting a quick fix with 5 players from every team becoming available, scout the risers come aug-sept and scout for talents.

Bournemouth manager came in and got a good few players who existing managers would have done well to get.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Absolutely ridiculous that Anderson is rated 90 btw. he's risen like 4 ratings in 5 months for a decent run of form.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Absolutely ridiculous that Anderson is rated 90 btw. he's risen like 4 ratings in 5 months for a decent run of form.
Its a joke, he'd been doing alright but never got a rise while I had him. One good season later. 90.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Midlands Daily reporting:

It is a great and significant matchday today, one for football romantics, as Aston Villa take on Manchester United in a top of the table clash at Villa park tonight. Just a quick look at records, achievements of managers and squad list of two teams tells you all you need to know about this clash. Manchester United have won last 4 of the 5 meetings between the club, with 5th being a draw. The combined score of last season's league meetings was 9-0 in Man United's favour. Manchester United manager Damien is ranked 1st in latest manager rankings, whereas his novice counterpart TMH, a lowly 17th. Damien has won 8 top level trophies and 1 lower level whereas TMH is yet to win a trophy, with last season's heroic cup final run his best achievement. Very Roy Hodgson-esque, whose best achievement in life is to lose UEFA cup/Europa league final twice.

A look at squad now and Manchester United is embarrassment of riches. As they used to say about Chelsea of 2004-06, they could play two different teams in league and those team would finish 1st and 2nd. Manchester United boasts similar status in Red Cafe league and they might even grab top 3 positions in the league with different teams from the squad. Manchester United have 5 players with rating 94 and above and are led by Lionel Messi, who is 2nd all time best player, beyond the indisputable best, Cristiano Ronaldo. Aston Villa's highest rated player on other hand has rating of 93 and he is a GK who is distant 2nd in skills to Manchester United's big Dave.

Despite all this, Aston Villa fans are in great voice. They have started occupying nearby bars to Villa park since morning and are singing, "we won't lose 5-0 this time." Few discussions with fans and they seemed pretty optimistic about their team keeping defeat margin to only 3 goals, given some of their players are in good form. It is a proverbial David vs Goliath clash, except that, David always had a miracle chance in the battle. Aston Villa don't stand one.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I've signed Balotelli, Adrian Ramos, Suso, Romeu, Cabral Rafael, Luna, and Khacheridi, think tonight I'll bring Blackpool their first win of the season.

LitterBug

I've signed Balotelli, Adrian Ramos, Suso, Romeu, Cabral Rafael, Luna, and Khacheridi, think tonight I'll bring Blackpool their first win of the season.
I wanted to buy Cabral for a long time but sadly he wasn't going to increase in rating as fast as I needed him. He'll get a plus 1 for sure when Napoli is done, unless its been done already and they've overlooked him!!