Gaming The SM RedCafe League

Varun

Staff
SM make the process hard as shit. I'd say appeal to LB's better nature but he doesn't have one.
He's a dick so that won't work. Reach out to them over their platform, Twitter etc is the way to go.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
I don't think anyone will break FFP just cause he might. The problem is that we haven't enforced any rules at all. People go over their squad cap and we just politely remind them to sell rather than give them the punishment that is stated in the OP. You should also make a ruling in the draft stating clearly how long managers have to make their signing, a week is enough.

Everything that has been created relies on people being gentlemen and following these rules. If people continue breaking the rules the only thing we can do is all agree not to do business with said individuals. Of course we can report them but this should be a last resort and even then i'm not sure that will help.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
LB does have a point though, taking this long to make your draft-signing is a joke. Where he's wrong is the case with.. gaz was it? He had been in the game so long and was going through shit so a bit of human decency was applied.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I don't think anyone will break FFP just cause he might. The problem is that we haven't enforced any rules at all. People go over their squad cap and we just politely remind them to sell rather than give them the punishment that is stated in the OP.
I've edited the title. MG has been taking the mick by making offers for Bonucci/still taking on offers for Coutinho the past week.

You should also make a ruling in the draft stating clearly how long managers have to make their signing, a week is enough.
That was a big feck up. Will do that for future drafts.

LB does have a point though, taking this long to make your draft-signing is a joke.
And Cass doesn't have any players transfer listed so don't think any sales are going to happen any time soon.

:lol: holy hell this squad
I can loan you as many from Santi Mina (89 AM,F(RLC)), Cengiz Under (88 AM,F(RLC)), Luke Shaw (88 D,DM(L)) and Panagiotis Retsos (87 D(RLC),DM(C)) as you need but in game if you go to Transfers > Loan List there are quite a few quality players available for loan which should help you out in the short term.

Flying Fox

I can loan you as many from Santi Mina (89 AM,F(RLC)), Cengiz Under (88 AM,F(RLC)), Luke Shaw (88 D,DM(L)) and Panagiotis Retsos (87 D(RLC),DM(C)) as you need but in game if you go to Transfers > Loan List there are quite a few quality players available for loan which should help you out in the short term.
yeah cheers, just trying to get my head around how to best play my lot for the moment. just seen im rock bottom in div 2 hahaha

Damien

Staff
yeah cheers, just trying to get my head around how to best play my lot for the moment. just seen im rock bottom in div 2 hahaha
Yeah, you're relegated but think you're at the free club with the biggest stadium capacity so should be able to bounce back up next season with the right loans and a bit of work.

Damien

Staff
If it does go to draft can I bagsy one then sell to raise the funds ?
If by bagsy you mean wait until it gets to you in the draft, then yeah I give teams about a week or two to raise funds.
Without any further a doooo.

Mamamammaaanaaaa.

If youse remember what happened when I first joined the Caf league four years ago some blert posted about him in here and I got out bidded and he was snaffled or something.

So.... I need to sell ( SKINT CLUB / CHECK MY LOAN POST ) and have two weeks you said Damo.
You picked on the 20th. Been two weeks and four days. There has been plenty of warning and you acknowledged you had two weeks to save the money. If you don't bid today then I'm resigning from QPR regardless, sorry but you've had enough time.

You've still got a good chance of signing him when the club opens up as there'll be other players people will be bidding on so you might get him for cheaper.

Let that be the end of it and in future drafts it'll be explicitly stated that there's a strict two week deadline.

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
You picked on the 20th. Been two weeks and four days. There has been plenty of warning and you acknowledged you had two weeks to save the money. If you don't bid today then I'm resigning from QPR regardless, sorry but you've had enough time.

You've still got a good chance of signing him when the club opens up as there'll be other players people will be bidding on so you might get him for cheaper.

Let that be the end of it and in future drafts it'll be explicitly stated that there's a strict two week deadline.
I did pm you last week and offer to sell Lukic . Shall I ?

Damien

Staff
I did pm you last week and offer to sell Lukic . Shall I ?
You may as well keep hold of Lukic and just bid for Mammana when the club is available. I'm sorry. Think Lukic is worth keeping hold of anyway. With his versatility he should play more this season and midfield is an area you don't have much depth in.

green_smiley

:lol:
Supports
#Justice4Wang!
Southend Utd real life transfers (Summer 2018)

Done deals
  1. Pablo Maffeo (20/86): Man City => VfB Stuttgart
  2. Borna Sosa (20/82): Dinamo Zagreb => VfB Stuttgart
  3. Marco Tumminello (19/80): Roma => Atalanta
  4. Dujon Sterling (18/73): Chelsea => Coventry City (loan)
  5. Matteo Politano (24/89): Sassuolo => Inter (loan with option to buy)
  6. Obite Ndicka (18/78): Auxerre => E. Frankfurt
  7. Lucas Torreira (22/89): Sampdoria => Arsenal
  8. Nicolas Gonzalez (20/83): Argentinos Juniors => VfB Stuttgart
  9. Claudio Spinelli (21/73): Tigre => Genoa
  10. Pablo Moreno (16/67): Barcelona B => Juventus
  11. Santiago Arias (26/89): PSV => Atletico Madrid
  12. Gabriele Corbo (18/70): Spezia Calcio => Bologna
  13. Alessandro Bastoni (19/77): Inter => Parma (Loan)
Very likely
  1. Raul de Tomas (23/85): Real Madrid => Sporting Lisbon (Loan)
  2. Gianluigi Donnarumma (19/89): AC Milan => Chelsea
  3. Moise Kean (18/82): Juventus => Parma (Loan)
Rumours

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
You may as well keep hold of Lukic and just bid for Mammana when the club is available. I'm sorry. Think Lukic is worth keeping hold of anyway. With his versatility he should play more this season and midfield is an area you don't have much depth in.
At least people are now aware on how difficult it is to run a small club. Three players out just to afford a player for 10.5 million. Its not exactly strenghening your squad is it ? Also. Before that last game I had 9.8 and now have 9.0 . It goes back to the loan system again. Whos to say I will get Mammana anyway ? I would be happy and grateful if people stood aside and let me bid on him seeing I was had off years ago when I bidded on him. Bit of a long shot I know but worth a shout.

gaz1185

@Cassady if @Damien is happy to do it, can you not just bid cash & sacrifice one of your players to QPR; for instance I'd suggest using the 9m you have and P/Ex Pedro Silva, you don't need 3 keepers & he's sitting on the bench at Tondela. I know it's 100k short, but it gets this mess over with.

green_smiley

Supports
#Justice4Wang!
Plymouth doesn't really want Mammana anyway. Could have sold his players sooner to get the cash, plus people have released their loans to allow him to loan his players out

And rule says no P/Ex

Damien

Staff
@Cassady if @Damien is happy to do it, can you not just bid cash & sacrifice one of your players to QPR; for instance I'd suggest using the 9m you have and P/Ex Pedro Silva, you don't need 3 keepers & he's sitting on the bench at Tondela. I know it's 100k short, but it gets this mess over with.
Rules say no P/ex. Can't have any exceptions.

At least people are now aware on how difficult it is to run a small club. Three players out just to afford a player for 10.5 million. Its not exactly strenghening your squad is it ? Also. Before that last game I had 9.8 and now have 9.0 . It goes back to the loan system again. Whos to say I will get Mammana anyway ? I would be happy and grateful if people stood aside and let me bid on him seeing I was had off years ago when I bidded on him. Bit of a long shot I know but worth a shout.
So. Can I bid on him now ?
If you bid on him when QPR are free I won't stand in your way if the bid is roughly around what you were getting him for in the draft but can't speak for the other teams obviously. My guess is other teams are more likely to go for the 90 rated players.

The Taurean

looks like a chipmunk
Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.
Sorted. QPR is being released tonight.
Cool.

Think loan system was bought up earlier. These 2 topics are separate. It should not have an impact on how draft is handled. 2 weeks is more than fair for people to buy the players while taking into account difficulty for the finances.
Damo and GS manage the draft (among other things) that drags on for so long and can be bit of a pain. A little understanding from fellow managers is to be expected.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Plymouth doesn't really want Mammana anyway. Could have sold his players sooner to get the cash, plus people have released their loans to allow him to loan his players out

And rule says no P/Ex
So I would sell two players because I don't want him ?

Since others have cancelled their loans Ive still only managed to get one player out. I appreciatte peoples gesture by the way. Also. I was off grid for a week and havent been checking the events at Plymouth daily apart from tactics so if Ive had loan offers then its my fault for not checking.

Dom Gill

To try and get LB off my back, these are the transfers left to be done in the QPR draft:
  1. Plymouth Argyle - Emanuel Mammana - £10,500,000 (1.5x FV)
  2. Fulham - Giorgi Chakvetadze - £2,100,000 (1.5x FV)
@infamous7
@Cassady
Who's LB? :angel:

On a serious note, I think it would be nice to ask him to tone it down a bit. Allow him to win and lose, by saying rules have been slack but we will all follow. I would also add to the op that hurling abuse is not acceptable and if you are asked to stop then respect it, not hurl more abuse. For example no swearing at other managers. I would say that the SM god's would have grounds to support us kicking someone who is calling other managers c**ts. I think this is fair.

Also he has spoiled my game experience and log on less because of his pointless attention grabbing and abuse. Should not have to block people to play this.

I hear you, I lose £1.2m on an away game. I regularly sell to be able to buy. On that note it is going to happen again next game. This is part and parcel of how I run Barnsley, buy cheap get a rise then sell. The churn I have had is nuts. Trent Alexander-arnold, kerim demirbay, Daniel Wass, winks...but all for profit. I accept relegation next season if buffon drops and it will be harder than ever. Good luck though.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Who's LB? :angel:

On a serious note, I think it would be nice to ask him to tone it down a bit. Allow him to win and lose, by saying rules have been slack but we will all follow. I would also add to the op that hurling abuse is not acceptable and if you are asked to stop then respect it, not hurl more abuse. For example no swearing at other managers. I would say that the SM god's would have grounds to support us kicking someone who is calling other managers c**ts. I think this is fair.

Also he has spoiled my game experience and log on less because of his pointless attention grabbing and abuse. Should not have to block people to play this.

I hear you, I lose £1.2m on an away game. I regularly sell to be able to buy. On that note it is going to happen again next game. This is part and parcel of how I run Barnsley, buy cheap get a rise then sell. The churn I have had is nuts. Trent Alexander-arnold, kerim demirbay, Daniel Wass, winks...but all for profit. I accept relegation next season if buffon drops and it will be harder than ever. Good luck though.

Nice to know that someone knows what its like. Have you ever had a transfer accepted but youve played that night and it gets knocked back because youve lost money playing that game ? Anyway. Iam proud ofvwhat Plymouth have achieved. I took charge as they were by the bottom of division two. I think they reached the play offs that season and came up the season after. Some on here tipped them to go straight back down. Some of the kids Ive scouted have gone from 75 to over 86 and cost feck all. Before I sold Gamerio last week Plymouth only had one outfield player less than 90 and he was 89. Plymouth are a constant thorn in the side of the bigger clubs too.

Proud of my boys.

Dom Gill

Proud of my boys.
As you should be. I have not hit the game and not been able to do a transfer as I generally don't bid as I know it will fail, so have missed out on players because of it. I know I have to finish as high as possible to expand my stadium, but zlatan, robben, mandzukic, buffon, Carrick, Pepe and barzagli will retire soon so then I am fecked unless I can get some more golden oldies. So I know relegation will be back as I do not have the finances to compete...yet...but I am pushing the guys at the top hard through tactics and being tough to beat...I think being Barnsleyed is an actual thing now.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
As you should be. I have not hit the game and not been able to do a transfer as I generally don't bid as I know it will fail, so have missed out on players because of it. I know I have to finish as high as possible to expand my stadium, but zlatan, robben, mandzukic, buffon, Carrick, Pepe and barzagli will retire soon so then I am fecked unless I can get some more golden oldies. So I know relegation will be back as I do not have the finances to compete...yet...but I am pushing the guys at the top hard through tactics and being tough to beat...I think being Barnsleyed is an actual thing now.
Buy them young and do a bit of research. From the top of my head I got.

Asensio
Embolo
Lirola
Henrichs
Skrinrair
Diallo
Benkovic
Augustin

I traded Embolo and Asensio . The latter I regret altough I got Matic ( whos a part of my financial problem ) and Williams who has potental still. This is why Skriniar is staying boys.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Infact I may swerve Mamanna and spend a day researching kids again.

Ps. A tech issue. How can I stop seeing young players as 35267 and notbtheir real names. Do I have to upgrade or download something ?

Damien

Staff
Infact I may swerve Mamanna and spend a day researching kids again.

Ps. A tech issue. How can I stop seeing young players as 35267 and notbtheir real names. Do I have to upgrade or download something ?
Go on the Player Database part, click on Load Data Pack then load any data pack - doesn't matter which one as they all do the same thing. Seems pointless but my guess is SM did the data pack thing to try and avoid being sued by the various leagues.

• All third party trade names and trade marks are the property of their respective owners and Soccer Manager makes no warranty or representation in relation thereto. More specifically, Soccer Manager does not claim or assert any right title or interest in any third party Communications or any information or data contained on the Web Site that refers real world events, people, organisations, teams, clubs, places, stadia, companies, or competitions (Real World Data).
  • All Real World Data and all rights in Real World Data are the property of their respective owners and Soccer Manager does not have and does not represent any connection or association with any Real World Data or any subject of any Real World Data.
  • Real World Data is included in the Web Site for the purpose of providing information only and to identify honestly and fairly real world facts.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Go on the Player Database part, click on Load Data Pack then load any data pack - doesn't matter which one as they all do the same thing. Seems pointless but my guess is SM did the data pack thing to try and avoid being sued by the various leagues.

Cheers. I feel this may confuse me but it has to be done. Since SM has gone all weird Ive had to get players 35647 birth date and then go on to transfermarkt or soccerway to find out who he is and then do a bit of research.

Inspector Cluesoe me la.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Just tried.

I went to new players and data base but didnt find the load bit. I looked in the wrong place ?

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Are you on the old or new layout? App/phone or desktop?
New layout I think. The one from about two years ago which is most probably when the 35658 thing started. My phone is a Samsung . You saying I just need to download the SM app ?

Damien

Staff
New layout I think. The one from about two years ago which is most probably when the 35658 thing started. My phone is a Samsung . You saying I just need to download the SM app ?
I think the SM app is basically the same as the mobile layout. I use new layout on a desktop which probably explains why I can see the button. Just looked at the app and the method which should work for you on the browser is:
  • When on the page that lists all the leagues you're in, click the "hamburger" in the top left (three horizontal lines on top of each other)
  • This should open a menu from the left side of the page
  • Click the link that says Account settings
  • On the row of white icons on the dark grey background, click the one on the far right that looks like a calendar
  • Click Load Data Pack here, load the data pack and then tick the box that says 'Automatically load data pack every time I log in to Soccer Manager'
  • Submit and you should be fine

green_smiley

Supports
#Justice4Wang!
Leagues that have been reviewed

1. Romania (Apr)
  2. Croatia (Apr)
  3. Poland (Apr)
  4. Serbia (Apr)
  5. Denmark (May)
  6. France (May)
  7. Italy (May)
  8. Germany (May)
  9. England (May)
  10. Spain (May)
  11. Brazil (Jun)
  12. Australia (Jun)
  13. USA (Jun)
  14. Argentina (Jul)
  15. Japan (Jul)
  16. Colombia (Jul)
  17. England Championship (Aug)
  18. Netherlands (Aug)
  19. Turkey (Sep)
  20. Portugal (Sep)
  21. Russia (Sep)
  22. Ukraine (Oct)
  23. Belgium (Oct)
  24. Czech Republic (Oct)
  25. Australia (Oct)
  26. Croatia (Oct)
  27. Greece (Oct)
  28. Austria (Oct)
  29. Romania (Oct)
  30. Denmark (Nov)
  31. Poland (Nov)
  32. Scotland (Nov)
  33. Serbia (Nov)
  34. France Ligue 2 (Nov)
  35. Germany 2. Bundesliga (Nov)
  36. Italy Serie B (Nov)
  37. Spain Segunda Div (Dec)
  38. France (Dec)
  39. Italy (Dec)
  40. Germany (Dec)
  41. England (Dec)

1. Spain (Jan)
  2. Mexico (Jan)
  3. Colombia (Feb)
  4. Chile (Feb)
  5. Uruguay (Feb)
  6. Netherlands (Feb)
  7. Portugal (Mar)
  8. Japan (Mar)
  9. USA (Mar)
  10. China (Mar)
  11. South Korea (Mar)
  12. Argentina (Mar)
  13. Sweden (Apr)
  14. Brazil (Apr)
  15. Norway (Apr)
  16. Turkey (Apr)
  17. England Championship (May)
  18. Germany (May)
  19. France (May)
  20. England (May)
  21. Spain (May)
  22. Italy (May)
  23. Russia (Jun)
  24. Sweden (Jun)
  25. Belgium (Jun)
  26. Greece (Jul)
  27. Czech Republic (Jul)
  28. Switzerland (Jul)
  29. China (Jul)
  30. Austria (Jul)
  31. Denmark (Aug)
  32. Croatia (Aug)
  33. Poland (Aug)
  34. Romania (Aug)
  35. Scotland (Aug)
  36. China League One (Aug)
  37. English League One (Aug)
  38. English League Two (Sep)
  39. English Conference (Sep)
  40. Serbia (Oct)
  41. Australia (Oct)
  42. France Ligue 2 (Oct)
  43. Germany 2. Bundesliga (Oct)
  44. Italy Serie B (Nov)
  45. Spain Segunda Div (Nov)
  46. France (Nov)
  47. Germany (Nov)
  48. Italy (Nov)
  49. England (Nov)
  50. Spain (Dec)
  51. Brazil (Dec)
  52. Sweden (Dec)

1. Mexico (Jan)
  2. Uruguay (Jan)
  3. Argentina (Jan)
  4. Chile (Feb)
  5. Colombia (Feb)
  6. South Korea (Mar)
  7. Japan (Mar)
  8. Netherlands (Mar)
  9. Portugal (Mar)
  10. Turkey (Mar)
  11. USA (Apr)
  12. Russia (Apr)
  13. Belgium (Apr)
  14. Ukraine (Apr)
  15. Austria (Apr)
  16. Switzerland (Apr)
  17. Czech Republic (May)
  18. Greece (May)
  19. England Championship (May)
  20. Germany (May)
  21. France (Jun)
  22. England (Jun)
  23. Italy (Jun)
  24. Spain (Jun)
  25. Croatia (Jun)
  26. Norway (Jul)
  27. Sweden (Jul)
  28. Denmark (Jul)
  29. Scotland (Jul)
  30. Poland (Jul)
On-going: Serbia

Flying Fox

Leeds announces the following transfers in;

Daniel Arzani (80) AM(RLC) 19yo 2.4m
Jesus Corona (89) AM(RLC) F(RL) 25yo 8.5m + Vurnon Anita
Ben Gibson (87) D(LC) 25yo 6m

Dom Gill

Barnsley real life player moves (Summer 2018)

Done deals

• Jonny Evans - West Brom to Leicester
  • Fred - Shaktar to Man Utd
  • Rodrygo - Santos to Real Madrid
  • Eliot Matazo - Anderlecht to Monaco
  • Indy Boonen - Man United to KV Oostende - sold
  • Gigi Buffon - Juventus to PSG
  • Angus Gunn - Man City to Southampton
  • Andriy Yarmolenko - Dortmund to West Ham (ffs)
  • Sam Greenwood - Sunderland to Arsenal
  • Daley Blind - Man Utd to Ajax (ffs) - sold
  • Nacho Vidal - Valencia to Osasuna
Rumours
  • Wilmar Barrios - Boca Juniors to Tottenham, Chelsea & Everton (Jan 2019)
  • Emil Forsberg - Leipzig to Roma
Loans
  • Cucho Hernandez - Watford to Huesca
  • Jack Aitchison - Celtic to Dundee United
  • Mason Mount - Chelsea to Derby
  • Taiwo Awoniyi - Liverpool to Gent
  • Ola Aina - Chelsea to Torino???
  • Frederico Dimarco - Inter to Parma

Last edited: