Gaming The SM RedCafe League

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Ye, im not going to continue. No point.
You have to bear in mind that I gave them decent feedback and the reply I got back was "well the focus group liked it".

Common sense doesn't apply to the SM, if it did they would have binned Soccerwiki ages ago. I'm not an idiot, they've included more pages to allow more room for adverts, rule #1 of game design is to try and reduce the amount of clicks to get to specific pages. Instead they increased it with this design and you don't have to be a professor in game design to understand why. I wouldn't overly mind if this was the case if they were improving the game, but they aren't.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
You have to bear in mind that I gave them decent feedback and the reply I got back was "well the focus group liked it".

Common sense doesn't apply to the SM, if it did they would have binned Soccerwiki ages ago. I'm not an idiot, they've included more pages to allow more room for adverts, rule #1 of game design is to try and reduce the amount of clicks to get to specific pages. Instead they increased it with this design and you don't have to be a professor in game design to understand why. I wouldn't overly mind if this was the case if they were improving the game, but they aren't.
I told them they didn't listen to the feedback before the re-launch.

Ye, it is obvious. What they don't realize is that players will spend less time on the site if it's harder to navigate resulting in less clicks. Idiots.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
I told them they didn't listen to the feedback before the re-launch.

Ye, it is obvious. What they don't realize is that players will spend less time on the site if it's harder to navigate resulting in less clicks. Idiots.
Well I was going to buy a gold membership a couple of days ago, just so I could prioritise my (now missing) shortlist and so I could store more than one starting 11 and tactics at a time. I thought it would come in handy when cup games were being played, and also be worth a measly £10 for the year, but they can feck right off now. It's awful :( real shame as I was loving it.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Well I was going to buy a gold membership a couple of days ago, just so I could prioritise my (now missing) shortlist and so I could store more than one starting 11 and tactics at a time. I thought it would come in handy when cup games were being played, and also be worth a measly £10 for the year, but they can feck right off now. It's awful :( real shame as I was loving it.
Baffling that they can't see it. People enjoyed the old UI and spent money on memberships. Already people on the SM forum demanding refunds.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
west ham is free if someone wants a club in first division.....shame as i also loved the game but now its shit as feck.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
If the players values are all changed (feck you SeaNNN you just made £5.1m on Nani) and now when you check a player, you just see their actual value, no chairman value as well, so no clear way for smaller clubs like mine to buy and sell to make profit, other than scouting and buying young risers, but that's difficult with no money and competing against all the big boys.

Also, where is the player changes and new players added section?

The Taurean

looks like a chipmunk
Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.
If the players values are all changed (feck you SeaNNN you just made £5.1m on Nani) and now when you check a player, you just see their actual value, no chairman value as well, so no clear way for smaller clubs like mine to buy and sell to make profit, other than scouting and buying young risers, but that's difficult with no money and competing against all the big boys.

Also, where is the player changes and new players added section?
Game world tab.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Btw finances have improved and is actually good in relation to wages.
Can't really tell because the finances are being displayed for the full week (so it includes the last game before the update and this one afterwards).

Sunday should give us a better idea of how the finances will look as the week figures are reset.