Gaming The SM RedCafe League

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Andre Gray had better repay the faith I've shown in him. He's about to become my record signing :lol:

A grand total of 5 goals in real life...hopefully he turns it on between now and the next English review in 2024.

Varun

Staff
Manchester United travelling squad for Champions Cup final vs Arsenal

Goalkeepers (1)
David de Gea (26/94)

Defenders (8)
Serge Aurier (24/91)
Jerome Boateng (28/94)
Jose Gaya (21/89)
Joel Matip (25/89)
Sergio Ramos (30/95)
Sergi Roberto (24/90)
Ricardo Rodriguez (24/91)
John Stones (22/89)

Midfielders (7)
Eric Dier (22/90)
Christian Eriksen (24/92)
Leon Goretzka (21/89)
Mario Gotze (24/93)
Alarcon Isco (24/92)
Mesut Ozil (28/94)
Bernardo Silva (22/90)

Forwards (3)

Antoine Griezmann (25/94)
Anthony Martial (21/90)
Raheem Sterling (22/90)

Absent Players (3)
Gareth Bale (27/94: Injured)
Lionel Messi (29/99: Suspended)
Paul Pogba (23/93: Injured)

I'm screwed.
You jinxed Kane :(

Also, I don't have gold membership so you'll be up against my ass man, please be gentle.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I think we should let him take over West Ham. Only 2 guys have bid on the players, I'm sure they'll understand.
Believe me, when you've got feck all money and a big player comes along you can buy unrivaled then it is a big deal. Given that you have looooooads of dosh, you might not appreciate that. #poorlittlefellas

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Believe me, when you've got feck all money and a big player comes along you can buy unrivaled then it is a big deal. Given that you have looooooads of dosh, you might not appreciate that. #poorlittlefellas
This, my record signing is going to replace Drogba as my main striker. :(

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
So all bids are cancelled? If the club was in the hands of the AI then it would be even worse than this.

I am not sure why it is daft? Not trying to stir just want to understand opinion.
The whole point of a draft is to allow everyone the chance to sign players. Not just a select few.

Also some of us have been selling players in expectation to then sign one of them.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
The whole point of a draft is to allow everyone the chance to sign players. Not just a select few.

Also some of us have been selling players in expectation to then sign one of them.
Im happy for either the 2 bids to go through or to cancel the bids would obviously be the best scenario for me. Don't want a team gutting to then have loads of money but no one willing to sell me players.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Im happy for either the 2 bids to go through or to cancel the bids would obviously be the best scenario for me. Don't want a team gutting to then have loads of money but no one willing to sell me players.
If people accept you to be the boss then you should cancel the bids. It's just a bit shit given the Draft was called and people have sold players in preparation for it... in future I just think once a Draft has been called thats it. No player should be able to take over the club in question otherwise it renders the whole thing pointless as someone can take over like you have and put others at a disadvantage because they've sold players getting ready for the draft.

Dom Gill

I have also been waiting to get one of the players but always understood that someone may take over west ham before it happened.

I do not see it as a "select few" as they happen to have the lowest squad value so is benefitting them.

There are three options with the first two the only options based on your statement.

West ham loses 9 players, and as it is the end of the season prize money etc has been awarded therefore a high likelihood that they are going to be the better players. This means when someone new comes along they most likely will not go for west ham and therefore may not even join...

The second option is to cancel all bids for fairness.

The third is to accept 2 players are sold and let the new player take over west ham with some good players left, and the rest of us have to accept either the drafting is too slow but Ultimately did its job, (slow release of players to the lowest squad values with a new manager coming in before the club is completely decimated).

I just see the game world as the more players the better rather than when one manager leaves there are no decent opportunities for new managers to join without a complete overhaul. This may appeal to some but not all. Some potential managers may be waiting for a bit better club to manage.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I have also been waiting to get one of the players but always understood that someone may take over west ham before it happened.

I do not see it as a "select few" as they happen to have the lowest squad value so is benefitting them.

There are three options with the first two the only options based on your statement.

West ham loses 9 players, and as it is the end of the season prize money etc has been awarded therefore a high likelihood that they are going to be the better players. This means when someone new comes along they most likely will not go for west ham and therefore may not even join...

The second option is to cancel all bids for fairness.

The third is to accept 2 players are sold and let the new player take over west ham with some good players left, and the rest of us have to accept either the drafting is too slow but Ultimately did its job, (slow release of players to the lowest squad values with a new manager coming in before the club is completely decimated).

I just see the game world as the more players the better rather than when one manager leaves there are no decent opportunities for new managers to join without a complete overhaul. This may appeal to some but not all. Some potential managers may be waiting for a bit better club to manage.
So if I take part in a Draft, sell players and then someone takes over said club I just have to accept it in good grace and just accept thats part of the risk? Shouldn't there simply be a rule that once a Draft has been called the club in question cannot be taken over? That would avoid this issue. fyi, I sold my first choice fullback last night. So hope you appreciate why i'm not exactly happy lol. I mean, Leeds even have a higher club valuation than I do despite having not signed anyone or had any rating increases so I don't get why he went before me anyway. /shrugs.

Oh well. Do whatever guys. I'll let GS decide given the Draft is his idea. In future please simply write a rule that states once a Draft has started it cannot be taken over. Simple. I mean The current Topic Title has been like this for weeks ffs.

Wino1

Think this is the perfect opportunity to start a new league. Everyone starts equal :drool:

Someone will bite

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
So if I take part in a Draft, sell players and then someone takes over said club I just have to accept it in good grace and just accept thats part of the risk? Shouldn't there simply be a rule that once a Draft has been called the club in question cannot be taken over? That would avoid this issue. fyi, I sold my first choice fullback last night. So hope you appreciate why i'm not exactly happy lol. I mean, Leeds even have a higher club valuation than I do despite having not signed anyone or had any rating increases so I don't get why he went before me anyway. /shrugs.

Oh well. Do whatever guys. I'll let GS decide given the Draft is his idea. In future please simply write a rule that states once a Draft has started it cannot be taken over. Simple. I mean The current Topic Title has been like this for weeks ffs.
I agree with this, obviously for selfish reasons but it's almost impossible for me to sign decent players so Imo it's justified. Continue the draft please. West ham will have plenty of resources to rebuild in the end.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I was waiting to bid actually. Presumed I had to wait my turn. If there is a takeover, then best solution is to cancel all bids and just get on with it.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Saying that, mk2 was a different type of league. If we replicate what we have and then do the transfer draft for team picks could be interesting.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
The fact you guys have been running this for years I don't want it to mess up because of me joining so do whatever you decide and then I'll look at the available clubs and pick one if you do indeed go on with the draft and West ham are in a shit state.

Fwiw I'd love to start from fresh but that's because I'm just joining so obviously that's going to be my preference.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
If people accept you to be the boss then you should cancel the bids. It's just a bit shit given the Draft was called and people have sold players in preparation for it... in future I just think once a Draft has been called thats it. No player should be able to take over the club in question otherwise it renders the whole thing pointless as someone can take over like you have and put others at a disadvantage because they've sold players getting ready for the draft.
Agreed, from now on once a draft starts it doesn't stop, is only fair to the lower clubs who have sold players in anticipation of the draft and is trading of draft places allowed like NFL

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
The fact you guys have been running this for years I don't want it to mess up because of me joining so do whatever you decide and then I'll look at the available clubs and pick one if you do indeed go on with the draft and West ham are in a shit state.

Fwiw I'd love to start from fresh but that's because I'm just joining so obviously that's going to be my preference.
Nah its ok bud. If you want West Ham thats cool. Just need to make sure we have rules in future thats all.