Gaming The SM RedCafe League

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
:lol:

As if, faux rage is too easy to do online.

Anyway, is there a proper definitive answer to whether or not we can buy from computer managed clubs in the league? Not sure it was ever clarified after people started doing it.
I don't do it and there was a sort of gentleman's agreement not to do it, but the fact is I can't control if its done or not and people have done it in the past.

cj_sparky

Feel very bad for the Reading manager. In the top two (and topping the table) for most of the season then gets knocked out in the first play-off game after being knocked out of the top two on the final day of the season.
Gutted :lol:

After 5 games and 4 points I thought mid table was for me. I could have got promotion with 3 games to go in the league with just a draw. I cannot believe it :lol:

I lost 1-0 to Derby, I had 19 shots and 13 on target, to their 5 shots, 5 on target.

Against Barnsley I lost 3-0, 27 shots, 15 on target and they had 10 shots, 4 on target.

Lost 2-0 at QPR. Both had 8 shots, all mine on target and only 2 of theirs.

Gutted with those 3 games. But Boro deserved to win as they well and truelly battered me.

TheSamulator

classic sam. they love me, tbh
Yeah sorry mate, your lad getting a red after 3 mins probably did me a few favours though. I don't think it would have been quite such a battering if you'd had 11 men on the pitch.

cj_sparky

Yeah sorry mate, your lad getting a red after 3 mins probably did me a few favours though. I don't think it would have been quite such a battering if you'd had 11 men on the pitch.
Only just noticed Balzaretti got a red.... misses the first three matches next season too :lol:

TheSamulator

:lol:

That doesn't exactly make things easier for the start of next year does it?

I don't think i'll beat Norwich to be fair so i'll see you again next year i reckon. Automatic promotion is so much simpler!

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Agh, feck you Damo, that's a really tempting bid.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Oi duffer, how much did your 2 players come out as in the bid for Evra? Mine came to 20mill I think.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I landed Paddy Evra. I must have increased the bid at some stage after going boozing. I only remember bidding 2mill plus johnson, not fecking 5.3mill plus Johnson :mad:

Still though, good solid signing. He may drop 1 but he is still better than that gimp Johnson.

TheSamulator

Playoff final tonight. My players are a bit knackered though so i've had to do some chopping and changing here and there but i've still managed to get my best players playing at least 45mins. Should be an interesting game.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Playoff final tonight. My players are a bit knackered though so i've had to do some chopping and changing here and there but i've still managed to get my best players playing at least 45mins. Should be an interesting game.
Good luck. Norwich manager hasn't been on in ages but has won every game since he last logged on.

Damien

Staff
Applied for Wigan.
Good to have you back. maniak's not been on there in a couple of days though so could be a few more before he accepts it with it being Christmas, but you're not missing out on much.

Play-off final results
Norwich City 2 - 3 Middlesbrough
Southampton 1 - 3 Milton Keynes Dons
Tranmere Rovers 3 - 1 Crewe Alexandra
Barnet 0 - 0 Crawley Town (Barnet win 4 - 3 on penalties)

Well done all, especially Skeld who has done a great job in a short space of time.

TheSamulator

Cheers Damo, looked like i deserved the win i had more possession and more shots but the score certainly makes it look close! I think division one will be difficult for me but hopefully i can make a few signings to improve my team a bit before the season begins.

JB7

Please to see MK Dons get promoted. I was battling with them for 2nd for most of the season so I'm glad they've got themselves up as well.

TheSamulator

Anyone know when the next season starts? I just want to know how much time i've got to improve my squad before we get going again.

Damien

Staff
Swapped Buffon, Robinho and some cash for Gotze.

Trying to play approx. 50 games next season with just two strikers should be fun but I've got around £40M to spend if I'm in a crisis.

De Gea (90)

Rafael (89) Ramos (94) Vidic (96) Badstuber (91)

De Rossi (94) Anderson (90)

Nani (93) Ozil (94) van Persie (94)

Messi (99)​

Bench: Gotze (91), Diego (91), Smalling (88), Wijnaldum (88), Coutinho (88), Aurier (87), Sandro (87)

Need to improve the strength in depth but I've got a couple more signings in mind.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
Decent deal for me too Damo. Buffon is old, but Friedel at 40 is dangerously old. Robby will be gone as soon as the TB expires I reckon, with the money being invested in someone better.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Decent deal for me too Damo. Buffon is old, but Friedel at 40 is dangerously old. Robby will be gone as soon as the TB expires I reckon, with the money being invested in someone better.
That's why I invested in Ter-Stegen, very bright future. Gotze will go up again in the ratings I think, maybe a 92/3 if he keeps it up in the meantime.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
That's why I invested in Ter-Stegen, very bright future. Gotze will go up again in the ratings I think, maybe a 92/3 if he keeps it up in the meantime.
I know he will, but this is a bit like my Neymar deal in Elite. Good young player for depth and immediate strength. Needed imo.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Well yeah it's a good deal, hopefully by the time Buffon has retired he will have gone up to at least a 90.

Damien

Staff
Yep. It could be another couple of seasons before Ter-Stergen will be ready and Buffon will be quality while he is developing. As for Robinho, that is the best thing to do. In the short term he'll be good addition as a striker where you're short, but long term he won't be much good. You should be able to get a decent amount for him, when added onto the cash I've given you for Gotze should be plenty to invest into someone better.

Glad I got Markovic. May have overspent slightly but the bids were fairly similar and it could turn out to be a good investment.

I agree Levo - 92 looks the most likely at the moment but the way he's going it shouldn't be too long before he goes to 93. With the questions around Nani's future I've been looking for a quality youngster and Gotze fits the bill perfectly.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Yep. It could be another couple of seasons before Ter-Stergen will be ready and Buffon will be quality while he is developing. As for Robinho, that is the best thing to do. In the short term he'll be good addition as a striker where you're short, but long term he won't be much good. You should be able to get a decent amount for him, when added onto the cash I've given you for Gotze should be plenty to invest into someone better.

Glad I got Markovic. May have overspent slightly but the bids were fairly similar and it could turn out to be a good investment.

I agree Levo - 92 looks the most likely at the moment but the way he's going it shouldn't be too long before he goes to 93. With the questions around Nani's future I've been looking for a quality youngster and Gotze fits the bill perfectly.
Nani for me depends on where he moves, Russia and he would be likely to drop. If he moves to somewhere like Juventus, I think he'll be steady at his rating.

Damien

Staff
Nani for me depends on where he moves, Russia and he would be likely to drop. If he moves to somewhere like Juventus, I think he'll be steady at his rating.
Wherever Nani goes, he'll be dropping when he is next reviewed but the league he goes to could be important in determining his future rating after that. Ideally I want him to stay at United but that isn't going to happen.