The Soprano's *Contains multiple spoilers*

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
Just finished watching season 1 and yes it was very good.

However, i wouldn't say it is one of the best TV series of all time, as many of you on here have claimed. Is there something im missing? Does it getter better as seasons go on?
I'm on about episode 7 at the moment and I can completely see what they mean.

I mean, what's better? Drama series I mean? I'm a huge fan of The Wire but in terms of depth of character, it doesn't come close.

The writing is just brilliant and the acting is excellent

Alex

Season 1 is probably one of the weakest seasons along with 6a Plech. Keep going with it.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Season 1 of Sopranos is not weak at all! Some of its best episodes were in it.

The college trip episode! Superb.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I think Alex was more saying that the later seasons are even better, rather than season 1 was actually 'weak'.

I tend to agree with you though CC, some of the episodes in 1 were fantastic, such as the college trip and
then when Tony tells Junior to take the reins - Jackie's funeral was a brilliant scene too.

Alex

I believe Barksdale is one of the gunmen that try to kill Tony in season 1 as well

Just started Season Six Part 2

Alex

I think it was 95 lbs. Haha

Unbelievable job by him in that role. Another top character who only had a season was Tony Blundetto

Alex

Ahh Vito Spatafore

One of the best jokes in the whole series is when he and Bobby are standing next to each other and it's either Tony or Paulie who says, "This could be a weight loss commercial. Before and way before."

Biscuit1871

I guess im liking this series more now. Am on season 3 and Soprano dialect has started creeping into my vocabulary. I keep telling people to stop "busting my balls".

Domino

The Sopranos > The Wire > The Shield

Although all three a great

ILBB15

Annoying Commie
Fantastic show, I've watched all the episodes numerous times it never gets boring.

The interactions between Paulie and Christopher are some of the funniest things you'll see on TV. I also love when Tony and Johnny Sack have a meeting, those are some of the best scenes in the series.

ILBB15

Annoying Commie
Christopher: "Russians, they're not all bad."

Pauile: "How about the Cuban missile crisis, cocksuckers moved nuclear warheads into Cuba. Pointed them right at us."

Christopher: "That was real? I saw that movie I thought it was bullshit."

Leg-End

I loved his comment on The Russian apartment. "Universal remote… You probably wiped you ass barehanded before you came to this country." :lol:

Decotron

They are all without doubt excellent. They explore different side issues in different ways throughout. I think that football forums tend to encourage a "which is best" debate about most things, perfectly validly, but The Sopranos transcends that approach imo.
Nicely put, I feel exactly the same after watching it for the 2nd time. Same goes for the wire actually.

simon_xazza

Someone post me season 5, I've been limited to like 7kb/s because I went mad and download everything :lol:

Doevle

Just saw the episode when Tony and Christopher steals wine from the bikers:

"But we're from the Vipers!":lol:

The_Red_Hope

Just working my way through Season 2 and I have to say that this is TV at its finest.

The whole fecking crew is brilliant. Couldn't pick a favourite character if I tried. I find the Shrink Melfi a tad annoying though. All the supporting character are great as well ... Uncle Jun is funny as hell with his dialogue delivery and AJ cracks me up every time. Great great show !!

Alex

Just saw the episode when Tony and Christopher steals wine from the bikers:

"But we're from the Vipers!":lol:
Chris is so pleased with himself after he shoots one of them.

"I got one T, I got one!!!!" :lol: