The state of Guardiola | Regrets Redmond incident

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
The issue is that it’s condescending and undermines the opposition manager. Pep has no right to talk about how others play with the value of squad he has at his disposal compared to most.
That's true. Not a fair thing to do, even if he wasn't ill-intentioned.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
This is turning into a city forum
The Guardiola defense force are on duty tonite, and 90% are on my ignore list for being so far up his arse!

There are some certified lunatics managing in football and Guardiola is one of them. But some have it in their heads that he is Jesus Christ himself.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
TBF though that was just a response from Jose. It wasn't really him going out of his way to downplay another professional. Invading a player's personal space to tell them that the way his manager is getting him to play isn't correct is wrong. I'd say the same if Jose did so too, or any other manager too.
He was talking about time-wasting, not about how Saints we’re playing per se. There’s a big difference between the two and when Southampton actually concentrated on playing football rather than time-wasting they looked quite useful.

TotalFootballOne

The Guardiola defense force are on duty tonite, and 90% are on my ignore list for being so far up his arse!

There are some certified lunatics managing in football and Guardiola is one of them. But some have it in their heads that he is Jesus Christ himself.
I'm sure that's a relief for them. I mean coming from the one who has his up Mou, Ibra and Eto'o arse :lol:

I'm probably on that list tho :lol:

Rane

You can't say what you've said by watching Eto and Zlatan's interviews. They are both extremely genuine in what they say, especially Eto'o who gives clear examples and explains the situation in a logical way. One example was in a game between Inter and Barca, Guardiola would not let anyone shake Eto's hand in the tunnel, but Guardiola made sure to shake his hand in front of the cameras. All of these Barca players had spent several years with Eto'o but gave him the could shoulder because of Pep.

Having the 'balls' to dispense of Eto and Zlatan says nothing about the character of Guardiola. He's the manager of the club and was allowed to mould the club into his vision, he couldnt even get rid of Eto'o straight away because he was too popular at the club, but he disrespected him several times and Eto'o still became top scorer for him. He bought Zlatan and got rid of him a year after; so much balls when you're at a club can spend huge amounts on a striker and replace him within a year.

Eto'o and Zlatan are consummate professionals, they do not hold grudges and would not speak badly of someone out of spite.
I know the interviews. I would maybe look at the Eto’o one again and decide fully whether he comes out of it well. He might be genuine but he comes across as largely arrogant and bitter about the fact he was jettisoned. He clearly attempted to undermine Pep’s early authority (by openly suggesting he wasn’t a great player, had proved nothing as a coach and didn’t understand the teams story?), however the huge success of 2008/09 left him weakened as Pep gained full control at Barcelona.

There’s no real corroboration regarding the handshaking and to be honest, if players want to shake hands with you they will. If Pep asked for no handshakes in the tunnel then that’s his prerogative as the manager, maybe he felt it would give more of an edge or focus to his side, who knows. It’s something and nothing. Gary Neville was teammates for years and won a treble with Schmeichel, yet didn’t shake his hand at Maine Road in 2002.

You can’t be so subjective about Eto’o and Zlatan’s characters when you don’t know them personally. How can you possibly know they don’t hold grudges? To me it appears they may well do. It’s interesting that Pep has little to say about these matters. Every manager makes tough, often polarising decisions but you can’t argue that selling them both when he did paid off for him in the end.

Womp

idiot
He was talking about time-wasting, not about how Saints we’re playing per se. There’s a big difference between the two and when Southampton actually concentrated on playing football rather than time-wasting they looked quite useful.
He spoke about how Redmond was good at attacking and how he should do it more, Redmond himself said it was his manager's instructions. So no, I don't buy that. Assuming it was about time wasting, it's still bang out of order. City's bench is probably worth more than Southampton as a club, how they play is up to them. They're there to win points, not to cater to City's whims.

TotalFootballOne

He spoke about how Redmond was good at attacking and how he should do it more, Redmond himself said it was his manager's instructions. So no, I don't buy that. Assuming it was about time wasting, it's still bang out of order. City's bench is probably worth more than Southampton as a club, how they play is up to them. They're there to win points, not to cater to City's whims.
So time wasting is ok now? Wow.

Womp

idiot
So time wasting is ok now? Wow.
Look at the difference in quality between the two sides, get a fecking grip mate. Of course Southampton are going to fecking do whatever they can to gain a competitive edge. Pep has spent more on fullbacks this season alone than Southampton has probably spent since they were founded. Whether or not it's okay is irrelevant, for a manager who has spent as much as he has, to assemble a squad of superstars has no right to be looking down on teams who try to level the playing field in other means.

Even if he didn't agree with it, to confront a player from another team after the game to complain about it is fecking ridiculous.

It's a fecking joke and i'd expect nothing less from someone with the name 'total football one' to try and justify his actions. Whether or not you want to believe it, football is about winning. Teams like Southampton don't go to top clubs and expect to go head to head with them. Get a grip

Theonas

Scout
TBF though that was just a response from Jose. It wasn't really him going out of his way to downplay another professional. Invading a player's personal space to tell them that the way his manager is getting him to play isn't correct is wrong. I'd say the same if Jose did so too, or any other manager too.

I appreciate the funny side to the game, but nothing Pep did was humorous or in jest. It was just odd and unnecessary. When you have a team built of superstars and one of the most, if not the most expensively assembled squad in the PL's history, you're in no position to tell other managers how to play. I dislike when Jose talks about other teams parking the bus and I dislike when Pep does it too. To go out of your way to say it directly to the player makes things even worse.

Teams are allowed to play however they want, it's not their job to cater to the big team's desires.
I don't disagree. For me, the worst thing about Pep's comments were that it was disrespectful to Pellegrino. Regardless of what you think, I don't think you should publicly put down a fellow professional. I think it was lately with Domenech mocking Nante's Ranieri, it was also patronising and unnecessary. My point was that managers act crazy all the time. The however when the attacks are personal, it tends to attract more criticism and is less likely to be viewed as another sore loser eccentric. That's the reason Mourinho gets criticized more often, it is not because he acts weird, whiny or plain delusional like Pep, Klopp, Conte, Wenger, Fergie and many others which they all do, it is because he tends to get offensively personal at times as in insulting a fellow manager's wife, or questioning the honesty of his own players.

TotalFootballOne

Look at the difference in quality between the two sides, get a fecking grip mate. Of course Southampton are going to fecking do whatever they can to gain a competitive edge. Pep has spent more on fullbacks this season alone than Southampton has probably spent since they were founded. Whether or not it's okay is irrelevant, for a manager who has spent as much as he has, to assemble a squad of superstars has no right to be looking down on teams who try to level the playing field in other means.

Even if he didn't agree with it, to confront a player from another team after the game to complain about it is fecking ridiculous.

It's a fecking joke and i'd expect nothing less from someone with the name 'total football one' to try and justify his actions. Whether or not you want to believe it, football is about winning. Teams like Southampton don't go to top clubs and expect to go head to head with them. Get a grip
Are you kidding me? No one is saying go head to head, but don't TIME WASTE. What's next diving is allowed because X club spent less the Y club? Using my username against me laughable and telling me to get a grip when your the one cursing, right.

Womp

idiot
I don't disagree. For me, the worst thing about Pep's comments were that it was disrespectful to Pellegrino. Regardless of what you think, I don't think you should publicly put down a fellow professional. I think it was lately with Domenech mocking Nante's Ranieri, it was also patronising and unnecessary. My point was that managers act crazy all the time. The however when the attacks are personal, it tends to attract more criticism and is less likely to be viewed as another sore loser eccentric. That's the reason Mourinho gets criticized more often, it is not because he acts weird, whiny or plain delusional like Pep, Klopp, Conte, Wenger, Fergie and many others which they all do, it is because he tends to get offensively personal at times as in insulting a fellow manager's wife, or questioning the honesty of his own players.
Which is completely understandable - Jose is capable of being a right tit and is rightfully criticized when he is. The thing that really irks me is Pep's greater than thou aura. He can do no wrong and God forbid anyone question anything he does. It's fecking ridiculous. Both are capable of being weirdos or cnuts and both should be judged accordingly when they are. What Pep did was unnecessary and wrong, people should be allowed to say as much without being called anti-football or haters.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
You need to calm down mate. If Saints had employed those tactics against United, many of you would’ve been up in arms. I don’t think you realise just how bad their time-wasting was last night. When Guardiola says it was from the 9th minute, he really wasn’t exaggerating. I’ve been to every City home game since 1990 apart from about a dozen or so and I can honestly say that I don’t think I’ve witnessed time-wasting on that scale since Curbishley brought his Charlton team to Maine Road in 2000.

That said, I don’t actually blame Saints for it. I blame the referee for not putting a lid on it early on.

Womp

idiot
Are you kidding me? No one is saying go head to head, but don't TIME WASTE. What's next diving is allowed because X club spent less the Y club? Using my username against me laughable and telling me to get a grip when your the one cursing, right.
Laughable comparison. Diving is breaking the rules of the game, there is no rule against time wasting. Everything that is within the rules is allowed. Should Southampton complain to Pep that his players having most of the ball is ruining the game for them? That's how ridiculous your argument is.

There are rules in the game, as long as you're breaking them teams have a right to play as they wish. Southampton went out and did what they had to do to try and get something out of the game and bar a Sterling wonder goal, it would have worked. That's how the game has always been.

Jason Cutler

Supports
Manchester City
At a time when society is extremely PC, being (more) offended than the supposed victim is understandable, but embarrassing.

TotalFootballOne

Laughable comparison. Diving is breaking the rules of the game, there is no rule against time wasting. Everything that is within the rules is allowed. Should Southampton complain to Pep that his players having most of the ball is ruining the game for them? That's how ridiculous your argument is.

There are rules in the game, as long as you're breaking them teams have a right to play as they wish. Southampton went out and did what they had to do to try and get something out of the game and bar a Sterling wonder goal, it would have worked. That's how the game has always been.
Don't people get carded for time wasting? So, it is against the rules no?

Womp

idiot
Don't people get carded for time wasting? So, it is against the rules no?
I believe it's only excessive time wasting. The referee didn't deem it excessive, thus the game goes on. Regardless - there's no scenario where him approaching a Southampton player and complaining to him about it post game is acceptable.

Rule breaking is frowned upon, but it's hardly the first time it's been used to gain a competitive advantage. Pep's teams are notorious for diving, yet you don't see managers approaching Bernardo Silva post game to complain about his diving to win the penalty the other week. It's how the game goes.

Womp

idiot
You neee to calm down mate. If Saints had employed those tactics against United, many of you would’ve been up in arms. I don’t think you realise just how bad their time-wasting was last night. When Guardiola says it was from the 9th minute, he really wasn’t exaggerating. I’ve been to every City home game since 1990 apart from about a dozen or so and I can honestly say that I don’t think I’ve witnessed time-wasting on that scale since Curbishley brought his Charlton team to Maine Road in 2000.

That said, I don’t actually blame Saints for it. I blame the referee for not putting a lid on it early on.
I'm calm pal. To address your post - whether or not they were time wasting is irrelevant. It's hardly a new concept, the smaller clubs have done it since the sport began. They had to try and kill City's momentum throughout the game, they did what they had to do to try and give themselves a sort of edge.

It's completely understandable that Pep didn't like them wasting time, no manager would. What was wrong of him was to approach Redmond the way he did to basically undermine Pellegrino. It was wrong and I'd say as much if any other manager did it too.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
At a time when society is extremely PC, being (more) offended than the supposed victim is understandable, but embarrassing.
Is society 'extremely PC'...? Couldn't it be argued that people are actually slipping back into the dark ages with that stuff.

The president of America retweets neo-nazi messages on social media and people don't riot or impeach him.

To me, it feels like the World is going crazy, rather than 'extremely PC'.

TotalFootballOne

I believe it's only excessive time wasting. The referee didn't deem it excessive, thus the game goes on. Regardless - there's no scenario where him approaching a Southampton player and complaining to him about it post game is acceptable.

Rule breaking is frowned upon, but it's hardly the first time it's been used to gain a competitive advantage. Pep's teams are notorious for diving, yet you don't see managers approaching Bernardo Silva post game complaining about his diving the other week. It's how the game goes.
Look if he questioned their defensive game then yes he's out of line. From my understanding he questioned time wasting during the game, rather you believe a team with Southampton budget is acceptable or not it doesn't change that fact that he had the right to be upset about it, as would many managers. Fans themselves generally complain about time wasting of opposing teams.

Also I'm not sure he directly made those comments towards him, from Redmond twitter he said Pep approached him and complemented his game, which I think we can agree on isn't wrong and then he said why he didn't attack his team like he did last season, Redmond responded he was doing what his manager asked him to (now this is open for interpretation) and he said nothing more or nothing less was said.

People have question his teams diving Dyche said it about Berando and Wenger on Sterling, and like Pep they had every right to be angry at those decision and even question them if they were incorrect.

Theonas

Scout
Is society 'extremely PC'...? Couldn't it be argued that people are actually slipping back into the dark ages with that stuff.

The president of America retweets neo-nazi messages on social media and people don't riot or impeach him.

To me, it feels like the World is going crazy, rather than 'extremely PC'.
Exactly. Surprises me when people still claim society is extremely PC. If anything it turned the other direction to a frightening degree. We have reached a level where anything that could be called racist or sexist or whatever is met with a barrage of whiny anti PC crowds crying about how everything is a some lefty agenda. Or maybe I could just be looking at the Daily Mail a bit too much :D

Womp

idiot
Look if he questioned their defensive game then yes he's out of line. From my understanding he questioned time wasting during the game, rather you believe a team with Southampton budget is acceptable or not it doesn't change that fact that he had the right to be upset about it, as would many managers. Fans themselves generally complain about time wasting of opposing teams.

Being upset about it is fine, like I said - most managers would be. Approaching a player to basically ask why he isn't attacking his team more and that he's a good attacker (willingly doing so, knowing it's the manager's instructions - let's not be daft, Pep isn't an idiot) is inappropriate.

Also I'm not sure he directly made those comments towards him, from Redmond twitter he said Pep approached him and complemented his game, which I think we can agree on isn't wrong and then he said why he didn't attack his team like he did last season, Redmond responded he was doing what his manager asked him to (now this is open for interpretation) and he said nothing more or nothing less was said.

Two things here - I think there's more that Redmond hasn't disclosed. Call me a skeptic, but the look on Pep's face hardly showed a happy tone. That's just me wearing my tinfoil hat though. Moving on and discussing what we know - I don't think that's open for interpretation at all. As I mentioned above, Pep isn't an idiot, he knows as well as anyone that instructions come from the manager. By saying what he did it's a cheap shot to Pellegrino.

People have question his teams diving Dyche said it about Berando and Wenger on Sterling, and like Pep they had every right to be angry at those decision and even question them if they were incorrect.

Yes that's all fine and well - we know all managers are moaning, entitlted cnuts. That being said, there's a difference in talking about it in a presser after the game, to actually walking onto the pitch post match, invading a player's personal space and saying it to them personally. It's completely inappropriate. If you don't agree, that's fine but there's really no more point discussing it as there's nothing more to add. What he did wasn't appropriate and was odd and thus was discussed.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Exactly. Surprises me when people still claim society is extremely PC. If anything it turned the other direction to a frightening degree. We have reached a level where anything that could be called racist or sexist or whatever is met with a barrage of whiny anti PC crowds crying about how everything is a some lefty agenda. Or maybe I could just be looking at the Daily Mail a bit too much :D
Totally right, and well said mate.

And back on topic, Guardiola's a fecking idiot, we all know he's a fecking idiot, even the citeh fans on here who worship him like lowly cuckolds know he's a fecking idiot, but understandably they Love him.

There was no reason he couldn't have had his words with Redmond in the dressing room/behind closed doors.

He did it for show, as with lots of his weird, twitchy antics. Like Zlatan said, more or less, he's a bitchy, nervy guy who's always on show.

Apply pressure to him, and he'll start cracking up.

dichinero

I wouldn't go as far as saying that he was being intentionally disrespectful to Pellegrino. He wasn't to know if it was a tactical instruction or just the player doing his thing. Posters often complain that our manager should not be blamed because he is not the one on the pitch.

Womp

idiot
I wouldn't go as far as saying that he was being intentionally disrespectful to Pellegrino. He wasn't to know if it was a tactical instruction or just the player doing his thing. Posters often complain that our manager should not be blamed because he is not the one on the pitch.
Everything comes from the manager, Pep isn't an idiot. Southampton sitting deep and soaking up pressure, essentially handicapping their own attacking play was obviously a tactic by the manager.

Playing defensive can also be a natural reaction to getting dominated in the game, rather than a tactical instruction from the manager - which wouldn't make his comments any less odd. There's no scenario where his comments are necessary.

sk6blue

Supports
Manchester City
Credit to Redmond for setting the record straight. The media went way OTT with this one.

TheeAma

Supports
Chelsea
You know lets see how much of you going on about time wasting will complain if Jose employs time wasting to win the derby.

dichinero

Everything comes from the manager, Pep isn't an idiot. Southampton sitting deep and soaking up pressure, essentially handicapping their own attacking play was obviously a tactic by the manager.

Playing defensive can also be a natural reaction to getting dominated in the game, rather than a tactical instruction from the manager - which wouldn't make his comments any less odd. There's no scenario where his comments are necessary.
I still don't think he went out to disrespect Pellegrino. It's only an outrage on here and because it's a rival manager in Pep. It is unnecessary but is really not a big deal. Mourinho and Kluivert could easily have been construed negatively.

The player in question has come out to say he has absolutely no problem with it, if anything he has seen it as a great compliment.

It's really not a big deal at all.

Theonas

Scout
That is certainly one way to look at it. I don't think he meant being disrespectful either to be honest, I think he is a genuine lover for the creative expressive side to the game. He is from Barcelona and they can be very romantic and idealistic about the game. This obviously rubs some people the wrong way and they take it as patronising and holier than thou which is understandable. In the case of Pep, he can come across very clumsy when expressing himself, he also can come across a bit twitchy and frankly, kinda nutty. Add all of these things together and it's easy to understand the OTT reaction to those comments.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
People need to realise the discussion in the thread wasn't so much about what he said, it was about how he said it. It's fecking odd that someone praising another individual does so by throwing their hands up in disappointment, screaming in their face and constantly walking off - only to turn back around several times. It's fecking weird. The expression on his face wasn't one of praise either, it was of frustration.

Also Pep has no fecking business trying to tell other players how they should be playing. That's undermining other managers and a fecking pathetic move tbh. Redmond will play how his manager wants him to play, the game isn't built around Pep and his goonies.

Great manager but a fecking weirdo.

Quite funny too as the same people in this thread sticking up for him would be mocking Jose had the tables been turned.
I agree with your post entirely. He's unusual.

Womp

idiot
I still don't think he went out to disrespect Pellegrino. It's only an outrage on here and because it's a rival manager in Pep. It is unnecessary but is really not a big deal. Mourinho and Kluivert could easily have been construed negatively.

The player in question has come out to say he has absolutely no problem with it, if anything he has seen it as a great compliment.

It's really not a big deal at all.
You’re right that it’s not a big deal, I doubt people are genuinely calling for his head or a ban or whatever over this. It was still inappropriate though. Couple that with the fact that the way he did it was extremely odd and you have something that people will want to discuss.

TotalFootballOne

Being upset about it is fine, like I said - most managers would be. Approaching a player to basically ask why he isn't attacking his team more and that he's a good attacker (willingly doing so, knowing it's the manager's instructions - let's not be daft, Pep isn't an idiot) is inappropriate.

Two things here - I think there's more that Redmond hasn't disclosed. Call me a skeptic, but the look on Pep's face hardly showed a happy tone. That's just me wearing my tinfoil hat though. Moving on and discussing what we know - I don't think that's open for interpretation at all. As I mentioned above, Pep isn't an idiot, he knows as well as anyone that instructions come from the manager. By saying what he did it's a cheap shot to Pellegrino.

Yes that's all fine and well - we know all managers are moaning, entitlted cnuts. There's a difference in talking about it in a presser after the game, to actually walking onto the pitch post match, invading a player's personal space and saying it to them personally. It's completely inappropriate. If you don't agree, that's fine but there's really no more point discussing it as there's nothing more to add. What he did wasn't appropriate and was odd and thus was discussed.
And I understand where your coming from because something did happen, which at the end could be anything could be Redmond making a joke or fun of his team or coach for all we know and Pep getting angry at that, but at the end we can only go with what we have.

Yes, Pep isn't stupid, but let me ask you what is he exactly gaining here? Southampton isn't challenging his team for the title, they beat them at the end, no matter his complement I highly doubt he'll be bring Redmond to City. It just doesn't make sense on what he's going to achieve with this comment. I'm not trying to defend him, but is hard to believe perhaps he didn't think it was offence in the moment? You mention my username a lot I'm sure you don't mean to be offensive, but I do find it to be offensive, so perhaps something similar may have happened here. I don't know how reliable Sam Lee is, but he did indicate that Pep said he was out of order in the scene.

At the end I recall Pep himself admitting to not eating during game day, which could answer why he seems so odd during post game and interview after.

I'll be the first to admit he has arrogance and an ego, he's no saints and has many moment which were out of order. The only reason you see me defending Pep here a lot is due many people pushing me to the wall at the end, no different to I can see some Pep fans doing that to people who don't essential hate him, many of us don't want to have civil discussion and rather have a who's dick is bigger then who's contest.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
People need to realise the discussion in the thread wasn't so much about what he said, it was about how he said it. It's fecking odd that someone praising another individual does so by throwing their hands up in disappointment, screaming in their face and constantly walking off - only to turn back around several times. It's fecking weird. The expression on his face wasn't one of praise either, it was of frustration.

Also Pep has no fecking business trying to tell other players how they should be playing. That's undermining other managers and a fecking pathetic move tbh. Redmond will play how his manager wants him to play, the game isn't built around Pep and his goonies.

Great manager but a fecking weirdo.

Quite funny too as the same people in this thread sticking up for him would be mocking Jose had the tables been turned.
People also need to realise that this thread is strange and amusing not because Pep is not a bit of an oddball, he definitely is, but because there's been some right over the top nonsense in this thread calling him mental, psychotic, needing treatment, disgusting behavior etc.

And Pep has the right to speak to players and managers. He's a manager and they tend to converse and give their opinions to others in football. You may not do the same in this scenario but it's fine if you would.

He's definitely an excentric and slightly awkward chap. But I can't see much more in it and even the player has come out saying that it wasn't an unpleasant interaction. It's not disgusting behavior so I'm not sure why Jose comes into the picture. He's hardly eye gouged the player.

amolbhatia50k

I appreciate the funny side to the game, but nothing Pep did was humorous or in jest. It was just odd and unnecessary. When you have a team built of superstars and one of the most, if not the most expensively assembled squad in the PL's history, you're in no position to tell other managers how to play. I dislike when Jose talks about other teams parking the bus and I dislike when Pep does it too. To go out of your way to say it directly to the player makes things even worse.

Teams are allowed to play however they want, it's not their job to cater to the big team's desires.
Teams can play anyway they want of course. But managers are also allowed to express their opinion on footballing matters. It works both ways really. Some people genuinely are a bit fixated on a certain kind of playing football and while I don't agree with that, they are entitled to their opinion just like others are entitled to go the other direction and do differently.

And it's interesting that you think Pep speaking to a player whilst being both complimentary and preachy which the player himself didn't mind is uniquely wierd, but a manager showing the maturity to call his counterparts "bald" and "fat" is totally fine.

Womp

idiot
Teams can play anyway they want of course. But managers are also allowed to express their opinion on footballing matters. It works both ways really. Some people genuinely are a bit fixated on a certain kind of playing football and while I don't agree with that, they are entitled to their opinion just like others are entitled to go the other direction and do differently.

And it's interesting that you think Pep speaking to a player whilst being both complimentary and preachy which the player himself didn't mind is uniquely wierd, but a manager showing the maturity to call his counterparts "bald" and "fat" is totally fine.
Nonsense. As I said, what Jose said was a response to Conte and was obviously said in jest. Never did I say it was acceptable. I didn’t condone that message when he said it, I simply found it a funny response to a remark Conte previously said. What Pep did and in the manner in which he did is completely unnessecary though. It wasn’t funny and was simply just odd. Nor did Redmond initiate it.

You’re clutching at straws, if he wanted to simply discuss tactics with Redmond he could have done so in the tunnels after the game in private. Being obliged to sprint onto the pitch and screaming in a fellow professionals face, waving your hands about like a fecking lunatic is unacceptable. How other teams play is none of his business. Claiming a player can be more of an attacking threat knowing full and well his attacking game was hindered due to tactics by his manager is ridiculous. If you genuinely think that’s avcepatvle behaviour we obviously have very different ideas of what’s acceptable and not.

Also Jose was brought into this discussion long before me. People absolving Pep of any blame because ‘Jose has done worse’ is fecking stupid. Everyone knows Jose is a feckwit, meanwhile Pep can do no wrong.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
Time wasting is not really that different to comitting a 'professional foul' in essence, it's gamesmanship. Whether it be a dive, feigning injury or pulling someone back by their shirt - if there is an advantage to be gained on the peripheries of the game then it'll happen. Sure, one can get annoyed but the holier than thou act is disingenuous at best, if not outright hypocrisy.

amolbhatia50k

Nonsense. As I said, what Jose said was a response to Conte and was obviously said in jest. Never did I say it was acceptable. I didn’t condone that message when he said it, I simply found it a funny response to a remark Conte previously said. What Pep did and in the manner in which he did is completely unnessecary though. It wasn’t funny and was simply just odd. Nor did Redmond initiate it.
That makes no sense whatsoever. Calling your counterparts bald, fat and saying that his wife should feed them less is also unecesssary. In fact, it's nasty, unlike a manager speaking dramatically to a player without said player even taking offense.

You appear to be focusing merely on the initiation on the interaction rather than severity which is rather misplaced.

You’re clutching at straws, if he wanted to simply discuss tactics with Redmond he could have done so in the tunnels after the game in private. Being obliged to sprint onto the pitch and screaming in a fellow professionals face, waving your hands about like a fecking lunatic is unacceptable. How other teams play is none of his business. Claiming a player can be more of an attacking threat knowing full and well his attacking game was hindered due to tactics by his manager is ridiculous. If you genuinely think that’s avcepatvle behaviour we obviously have very different ideas of what’s acceptable and not.
The irony is strong here. Pep had a slightly wierd and dramatic interaction with a footballer who seemingly took no offense to it at all and felt the need to come out and specifically say that because people really really did.

Pep could have had that conversation in the tunnel but he didn't feel like and he is entitled to do that. He's not a fan rushing on to the pitch. Players and managers actually carry out their duties there. If they feel like having a word they will. It's a small fecking deal to get all worked up about. As if people need to interact away from cameras since if offends you.

How other teams play is totally his business to have an opinion about. I mean he is a manager in the game after all unlike armchair supporters sat at home not even in the industry really. It's not his business to decide what other teams do but he can definitely have an opinion on it and express it.

I don't think Pep's actions need to be justified by Jose's because they're not actually terrible even in isolation. I'd call him out for that medical team nonsense at Bayern for sure which was downright wierd. And some of his interviews have been really strange and awkward. But the reaction to this conversation have been very funny.

The United

I don't know which one is more weird. The way pep acted or how the real story turned out.

He seems weird. But, his football is good mostly and wins shit. So who cares?

Just like with Jose. Two top managers and all.