Film The Suicide squad - 2021

reelworld

There are a number of changes directors make to the characters for no reason. Changes of hair colour, look, maybe even some of their powers and every time it makes them worse. But I dont know if they'll ever ruin a character more than Cassandra Cain in that movie.
Did they change more? I only remember Dinah and Cain.
Also, making Dinah black is a little bit on the nose given her name is Black Canary :lol:

Ekeke

Did they change more? I only remember Dinah and Cain.
Also, making Dinah black is a little bit on the nose given her name is Black Canary :lol:
In that movie? Well if we talk race Huntress had a black comic version that had been in Nightwing's "Grayson" comic.

So I'm not sure why didnt use her. Sometimes I get the feeling that these choices are made 100% because of the actors they get to play them. Like for whatever reason they wanted Winstead as Huntress and Smollett as Black Canary in more of a leading role and thats why it happened rather than "oh we had a vision to do a black black canary" or something.

But in general? Barry Allen with dark hair instead of blonde cw/movies. Stuff like that. Things that some people will say dont matter. So if they dont matter why would you change them? It just comes across as directors thinking they're above the stories and characters they're supposed to be telling. That they know better than the people who created them and that these changes are going to change it from a million dollar movie to a billion dollar movie

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Ugh, I hated how they did Cassandra Cain dirty in Birds of Prey. She's one of the coolest character in DC and they butchered her like that.
Honest to god I didn't realise it was Cassandra Cain till half way through the film if I remember correctly. Butchered.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Peered at some early critic reactions and they seem very positive.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Cannot wait to watch this. DC/WB apparently have given Gunn the freedom to do his thing, so it should be lots of crazy fun!!

decorativeed

Peered at some early critic reactions and they seem very positive.
I'm looking forward to this, but I don't put any stock in early critic reactions. They're almost unanimously positive, regardless of the film. Wonder Woman 84 for example.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I'm looking forward to this, but I don't put any stock in early critic reactions. They're almost unanimously positive, regardless of the film. Wonder Woman 84 for example.
I always picture early screenings starting off with the critics being led through a champagne rollercoaster filled with overly excitable staff high fiving them and making them feel giddy as feck before the opening credits, so by that point their objectivity is pretty much gone.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I still don't think Margot Robbie makes a good Harley Quinn.

She's a talented actor/actress but she really over-acts the role.

Sylar

I still remember somebody complaining about her casting because she didnt sound like the cartoon version.

mu4c_20le

Interesting seeing the reviews so far, I couldn't stand the first one but I guess the director makes all the difference

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
First Trailer looks shit... second looks better. No high hopes with anything DC touch these days - been burnt too often.

Seeing some good reviews but hope it’s not the same people that hyped up the recent Batman and Superman films etc. Will give it a go.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
First Trailer looks shit... second looks better. No high hopes with anything DC touch these days - been burnt too often.

Seeing some good reviews but hope it’s not the same people that hyped up the recent Batman and Superman films etc. Will give it a go.
This has higher ratings on Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB than any DC movie. It also has higher ratings on Rotten Tomatoes than every MCU movie, except Black Panther, which it is tied with on 96%. On IMDB is has an 8.1 rating with only Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: End Game having a higher rating.

Last edited:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
This has higher ratings on Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB than any DC movie. It also has higher ratings on Rotten Tomatoes than every MCU movie, except Black Panther, which it is tied with on 96%. On IMDB is has an 8.1 rating with only Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: End Game having a higher rating.
I'm really looking forward to this now. I mean, I already was because the released scenes all seemed punchy and fun. Still think it's mental that the guys in Gunn's movies who used to smash folk with steel chairs have really good comic timing.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I saw this last night - thought it was great. Great silly fun, and didn't take itself too seriously which is what was needed.

James Gunn is great in this type of setting - he really got to do what he wanted with it, and it paid off.

I thought Harley was a little over indulged, and it seems to be trying too hard to get her all these big moments.

King Shark was great (and Weasel).

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Saw it yesterday evening. Erm, it's merely ok? Don't really get all the hype. A lot of the jokes fell flat and it felt like it was trying too hard. Obviously miles better than the first one but don't go in expecting Guardians of the Galaxy with gore because it doesn't have anywhere near the charm or humour of either of those films.

Ekeke

Great movie. Charismatic cast of characters, at least the main ones, plenty of action and a it builds to a new level approaching the end. Without adding some of my favourite characters that have been in the Suicide Squad such as a real Deadshot, Deathstroke, Red Hood, Superboy and Black Adam (leaving like nobody to get killed) I dont think it could have been a much better Suicide Squad movie.

I guess theres one gripe, I hated the one moment where
Bloodsport ran out of weapons. The whole point of him is that he can teleport in weapons so he always has an arsenal to fight with. Instead of randomly making that his weakness in that scene so he needed help, it would have been better if he teleported in a big gun. I know he wasnt teleporting in his weapons during the movie, but we have polka dots from other dimensions and star aliens, I think we can have Bloodsport using a teleporting power to rearm himself.

I'll give it an 8.5 overall out of 10 considering my gripe

Ekeke

Saw it yesterday evening. Erm, it's merely ok? Don't really get all the hype. A lot of the jokes fell flat and it felt like it was trying too hard. Obviously miles better than the first one but don't go in expecting Guardians of the Galaxy with gore because it doesn't have anywhere near the charm or humour of either of those films.
If ever there was a flat movie it was Guardians 2. Miles better than that

SirAnderson

Just finished it now.
It was okay, not awesome, just a good use of 2 hours I suppose. I don't know why I kinda like the first one better, or maybe I just don't remember much from the first.
Expect there to be a third as is it with these movies.

kps88

Yeah I felt the same. It wasn't funny at all.

mu4c_20le

The first 30 minutes were great, felt like a darker Marvel movie. The rest was just ok. Cheesiness of the movie actually helps Cena though