The support on this forum for this club is a disgrace

Status
Not open for further replies.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Some of the comments in the match day thread and the general attitude by people on this forum is staggering.

That match day thread today was an utter disgrace.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Match day thread is pretty much always a disgrace.

prateik

Just ignore the match day thread. I stayed out of it and enjoyed the match a lot more.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Name and shame. We have a Knee-jerker banner ready and waiting...

Judas

Open to offers
Match day thread is full of people who spend the 90 minutes focusing more on an internet forum than the thing they're here to actually talk about.

Utter dross and best ignored.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
You're not wrong. I don't even know why these people bother watching something that causes them so much hate and anger.

They understsand nothing about football. I'd just close the thing. It serves no purpose

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Vast majority of people on here don't know what support means.

They're consumers, not fans.

Jacko21

Think you can forgive some of the frustration in the Chelsea match day thread - I didn't think we had a pulse, let alone the energy to win.

Kag

The match day thread isn't a fair reflection on the forum, to be fair.

We were shite for the majority of today's game and by nature people will complain if they are typing while watching.

It's the equivalent of being at the pub and mumbling to yourself "haway you halfwit" when somebody gives it away. That doesn't dictate passion, knowledge or support, does it?

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Said in the other thread that I avoided the match day thread. The game was far more enjoyable. It’s a shame as it was used to be quite insightful

Scarecrow

Having a week off
You're not wrong. I don't even know why these people bother watching something that causes them so much hate and anger.

They understsand nothing about football. I'd just close the thing. It serves no purpose
The same question every sane person that goes to the matchday thread should be asked. I'm weak too at times, but I know it's my fault when I click on it.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
It's not just the match day forum. It's almost every fecking thread. Happy that those feckers got pie in their face today.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Yeah, I might make a comment at half time (not today) but match threads are generally pointless beyond somewhere to let fans vent their frustrations while watching an internet stream.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Yep. Generally it starts from the point of "we're terrible" and either a) gets worse or b) momentarily gets better when we score before reverting to default.

I guess it's just anxious fans filling the tense gaps in play but still, bleurgh.

Janson

Match day threads in a nutshell:

Part 1: Moaning about the line up.

Part 2: Moaning about hooball.

Part 3: Moaning about sitting back.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
It really is, this was my go to place for so long but I just can't bring myself to participate in United forum these days. It's filled with so much negativity, you just need to visit Mourinho's thread before we scored and see how people were letting out their frustration.

Worst part is I see few posters who turn up and participate in every thread if we play badly or lose matches but moment there is a spark or a positive performance, they'll disappear only to say non-sense like this is not the norm and rather focus on negatives. It's infuriating.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I’d honestly love to ban all the miserable bastards on here but then we’d be no better than RAWK so what can you do

AN17

Calling for us to lose by large margins so as to get the manager sacked,calling players names and verbally abusing them and wumming to get a reaction are all disgraceful indeed. However after playing negatively at home from the beginning and then conceding,you can't expect every fan to be happy about it. There will be moaning and justifiably so.

TrueRed79

The match day thread is a live update of what's going on in the game. If a player produces a bad moment it will be commented on. Same thing would happen watching it on the telly with your mates. Just don't say you don't get irrational while watching a football match OP. Not defending anything but these threads are as bad as that forum.

Peanut Butter

Some of the comments in the match day thread and the general attitude by people on this forum is staggering.

That match day thread today was an utter disgrace.
Why/how are there so many idiots allowed to post here?

I remember reading RedCafe years ago and the quality was superb.

I plucked up the courage to join and couldn't believe how easy it is for so many people to get promoted.

Does this site get more revenue the more people that join? Because if so, I can't really blame the owners of this place as money will service the servers.

But I find myself spending far more time on the Utd subreddit these days. This place is getting worse by the week and it saddens me because the modmins here do an amazing job and seem like down to earth people.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Calling for us to lose by large margins so as to get the manager sacked,calling players names and verbally abusing them and wumming to get a reaction are all disgraceful indeed. However after playing negatively at home from the beginning and then conceding,you can't expect every fan to be happy about it. There will be moaning and justifiably so.
Surely not?

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
It's a discussion forum and we will more often than not be discussing the negatives. What do you want? Make thread after thread about the positives and how good everything is? That's pretty boring.

And I love match day threads. It's one place where we can be emotional and say whatever the hell we want. I've sworn at our legends like Giggs and Scholes in matchday threads and in real life during a game. I am emotional and I like to express myself.

Web of Bissaka

The match day thread is a live update of what's going on in the game. If a player produces a bad moment it will be commented on. Same thing would happen watching it on the telly with your mates. Just don't say you don't get irrational while watching a football match OP. Not defending anything but these threads are as bad as that forum.
On the plus side, we get to know the live update of matches in the perspective of the vocal fans who posted there, minute by minute.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Every time we lose/draw the place goes mental. "Mourinho out." That is all i have been hearing since Newcastle.

"If you cannot support us when we lose or draw, dont bother supporting us when we win." Bill Shankley.

Kag

yeah, some of the player threads aren’t even much better. you can’t even compliment a player without getting jumped on or called a fanboi
The player performance threads are by far the worst part of the forum. Because in some cases people actually consider their opinions and still post opinions which are simply bizarre or totally wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.