The support on this forum for this club is a disgrace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Some users struggle these days because they still aren't used to this new era where winning isn't a given right. They were spoiled by an era of almost complete dominance by United and have been throwing the toys out of the pram since Ferguson retired. Tbf enduring the Moyes/Van Gaal managerial runs has broken some fans and understandably so. But people have to wake up to the new reality and understand that in this age (Oil/Oligarch money, state backed clubs) the type of dominance United had is over. I can't even imagine the meltdowns if some of these users supported clubs like Sporting or Arsenal for example.

E-mal

This. They want entertainment, they want flair. They want the new shiny toy every summer and they want to be able to brag to their mates. Buying players is like picking a game off a shelf and Football is like a video game.
Well most people have argured that our problem is not personel, so?

Smores

Oh give me a break. I watch footy and support United for my own entertainment and enjoyment. Part of why I support United is the success we have had and the stature of the club. If that doesn't make me a fan or whatever so be it. I do this for enjoyment not to show some unconditional support.
Good for you but most football fans out there don't get entertainment from watching thier teams general play its about the journey, players and winning.

If this club ever got relegated half of this place wouldn't be here.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
People are frustrated because we are not that far away from being a really good side. When they see the players walking around, not chasing balls down they could get get to if they really put it in, dreadful crosses from players whos job it is to cross, brain dead defending that undoes all the good work the rest of the team puts in, it makes them sad.

The way football is “consumed” as Nial rightly put it is not the same as it was, and it never will be. Youve got two generations of died in the wool supporters whove never stepped foot in the ground and whos only medium to watch the match is tv or online, and the only way they have to interact with fellow supportes is on line.

And with that, you have to take all the bad things that come with it, as people talk and act differently online, some people just type the first thing that comes into their head, others are more considered.

Doesnt make them bad, doesnt make them a disgrace, just makes them different.

nah_it_wont_happen

The support is a disgrace because the football played by us is a disgrace. I couldn't take it after 30 minutes, we were utter rubbish, defending deep throughout the match.

Improve the level of football we play, you will see an improvement in support.

Oscie

A lot of 'fans' are merely observers who think the club owes them something.

cyberman

It's a bit of a joke.
My favourite is when posters talk as if we've lost already just so they can get their digs in.
After Liverpool won yesterday..if we drop points tomorrow we could be 2 points off 5th! What a joke! Jose has to go! We were 6 clear a few weeks ago and it could be 2! What a disaster!
Note that a Spurs win is assumed for feck sake.

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
It's really toxic and for me its almost impossible to skip when when I'm not able to watch the game, it's my only way to get updates .

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
This is what happens when you don''t ban noodle. For real though i'd bet you a bunch of these so called fans are kids/teenagers or fans of other clubs.

stepic

I remembered this one early on, knew it would be a shit post and yup, it was

This team is a complete joke at the moment. No creativity or urgency at all.

Also please get Lukaku off the pitch. See if that makes any difference.

diplomat

You can’t ban people in real life diplomat. Trust me I’ve tried.
You just don't have the power over people like you do on the forum. I'm sensing a North-Korean vibe from your posts, but you might just be joking (hopefully).

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Discuss negatives by all means. Refusing to celebrate goals and hoping we get beat? Anyone with that line of thinking isn't a fan.
Anyone actually done?

I hated that first half but I screamed when that Lingard goal went in.

But I really wasn't happy with the first half perfomance. It's because I expect so much more from this great club.

R'hllor

Going nuts about someone wishing us to lose, while forum still supports United hour podcast, where have you been under LvG 2nd season?

AndyJ1985

Get off your high horse and quit telling people how they should and shouldn't behave. Forums aren't meant for "supporting" (how the feck can you support a team via a forum anyway?), forums are setup to discuss and share opinions. Who do you think you are telling people they're disgrace for being critical?

OldSchoolManc

Full of trolls that aren’t actually watching the game.
They are literally waiting to post something negative.

lsd

The Oracle
Perhaps there should be a ban on posting during a match . You get the feeling there are posters just hunched over their keyboards waiting to slag of players every time they get the ball .

I think there's a post in Lukakau thread calling him useless just as he scores . How can you call yourself a fan if your spending the game typing ?

Oscie

Oh give me a break. I watch footy and support United for my own entertainment and enjoyment. Part of why I support United is the success we have had and the stature of the club. If that doesn't make me a fan or whatever so be it. I do this for enjoyment not to show some unconditional support.

Christ

Golden Nugget

Take a look at some of he player performance threads - the people that post during the match and the ones that post after quite often have contrasting opinions (obviously the ones during the match are laregely negative)

Minimalist

Good for you but most football fans out there don't get entertainment from watching thier teams general play its about the journey, players and winning.

If this club ever got relegated half of this place wouldn't be here.
That’s complete bullshit and doesn’t follow logic.

Relegated? That’s prime opportunity for everyone who loves a moan! :lol:

I actually think Uniteds support has intensified since Ferguson left. The glory years (after the initial burst) always makes fans more passive.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
To be fair, we've been gash recently and the line-up was the same as all the dodgy performances and Chelsea had just come off a very good performance over Barca. I'm not saying we should have expected to get stuffed, but managing your own expectations on recent form isn't ridiculous. Supporting doesn't mean blindly thinking we're the best team no matter what, there's nothing wrong with a fan looking at things realistically. If you were a neutral, would you have put money on United winning today before the game? Are we going to start banning people for saying we aren't favourites in the champions league?

All that said, that 2nd half was fecking ace and best performance I've seen as a team and from many individuals in a while. Excited for Palace and Liverpool, need to send a message that 2nd place is ours.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Some of the comments in the match day thread and the general attitude by people on this forum is staggering.

That match day thread today was an utter disgrace.
Is the newbie system still a thing? So many posters I don't recognise and all of them spout nothing but shite

Jacko21

wtf are you on about? We fecking won ffs? :confused:
Aye we did. But in the main we looked lifeless - hence the reaction (or lack of) from Old Trafford. We were static and there was very little semblence of link-up play. Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased to see we showed the character to come from behind, but that shouldn't take away from the fact that we we generally poor.

I just hope it acts as a catalyst for an improvement, because I can't remember the last time we put in a sound performance for 90 minutes.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
You just don't have the power over people like you do on the forum. I'm sensing a North-Korean vibe from your posts, but you might just be joking (hopefully).
I’m not joking, I would take great pleasure in banning 100 posters tonight.

In fact that gives me an idea

Marcky411

I’d honestly love to ban all the miserable bastards on here but then we’d be no better than RAWK so what can you do
I understand what you saying I am one who also expresses my concerns and disbelief at the team etc, but at the same time if everything was hunky dory, no one would be reacting like this but it isn’t.

diplomat

Get off your high horse and quit telling people how they should and shouldn't behave. Forums aren't meant for "supporting" (how the feck can you support a team via a forum anyway?), forums are setup to discuss and share opinions. Who do you think you are telling people they're disgrace for being critical?
Sense of superiority. More posts, more years in the forum. It's scary that so many people think like that and wish others to just be removed, because they don't like them.

E-mal

A lot of 'fans' are merely observers who think the club owes them something.
Well the team own us performance, that is a bare minimum. WTF are you on about?
There wont be a club without the fans.

Smores

That’s complete bullshit and doesn’t follow logic.

Relegated? That’s prime opportunity for everyone who loves a moan! :lol:

I actually think Uniteds support has intensified since Ferguson left. The glory years (after the initial burst) always makes fans more passive.
Maybe for you but supporters turn out no matter what. You're confusing the point of this thread, criticism is fine its the genuine bitterness and hatred some display thats the issue.

M4YON

I was so angry watching that game our crowd were absolutely silent all first half and should be ashamed of themselves.

I had to listen to X amount of Chelsea fans belting out your city is blue! You support your team winning or losing, sometimes the backing of he crowd is what out team needs as a bit of motivation, to lift there spirits to do better.

Fuming! glad i passed on tickets now would of been even more pissed off.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
It’s difficult really, the forum is only ever going to reflect where the club are. The last few years haven’t been amazing, some highs and some real lows. People have expectations of where they want the club to be and that’s fair enough.

People are also allowed opinions, negative or positive and just because you may not agree it doesn’t make it any less valid.

Things are just about ok at the moment, and if we can finish the season strongly the mood will be positive. Look at the summer for example, the vibe on here was pretty good and full of hope.

What changed it? The team not performing at key times and that’s what has left us so far behind in the league and that’s where the frustration comes from. We want to be challenging for the big titles, and when that’s not happening it causes unhappiness.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Aye we did. But in the main we looked lifeless - hence the reaction (or lack of) from Old Trafford. We were static and there was very little semblence of link-up play. Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased to see we showed the character to come from behind, but that shouldn't take away from the fact that we we generally poor.

I just hope it acts as a catalyst for an improvement, because I can't remember the last time we put in a sound performance for 90 minutes.
My god, you sound so disappointed.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I’m not joking, I would take great pleasure in banning 100 posters tonight.

In fact that gives me an idea
We want to know the idea, we need to protect ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.