The support on this forum for this club is a disgrace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
Red cafe is an awful place these past few years, lets face it.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
It's a discussion forum and we will more often than not be discussing the negatives. What do you want? Make thread after thread about the positives and how good everything is? That's pretty boring.

And I love match day threads. It's one place where we can be emotional and say whatever the hell we want. I've sworn at our legends like Giggs and Scholes in matchday threads and in real life during a game. I am emotional and I like to express myself.
Discuss negatives by all means. Refusing to celebrate goals and hoping we get beat? Anyone with that line of thinking isn't a fan.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The match day forum is so bipolar and also in a few other threads. The problem is people tend to see things at specific moment instead of the whole big picture (and football matches last for 90 mins).

If one player plays bad people will moan about it - "ffs, not good enough, we'll lose, fecking Mourinho, etc" but if that same player then do something amazing a few moments later or scores the winning goal, The same people will then praise him and even nominate him as MotM.

It's getting harder to read the forum. I mean just count how many negative threads are around? I remember there were like 4-5 threads that basically talked about the same stuffs - Mourinho and Pogba and how shite They were. Ridiculous.

Guys, grow a pair.

Reactions: esmufc07

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Vast majority of people on here don't know what support means.

They're consumers, not fans.
Oh give me a break. I watch footy and support United for my own entertainment and enjoyment. Part of why I support United is the success we have had and the stature of the club. If that doesn't make me a fan or whatever so be it. I do this for enjoyment not to show some unconditional support.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
The thread was pretty placid today, I thought. Compared to some weeks, anyway.
Aye, most of the initial criticism was fair considering our general play was shocking. Once we improved in the second half people acknowledged it as such. Football fans are inherently going to be slightly kneejerk...I'm sure there were plenty at OT in the first half who'd have been disparaging concerning Lukaku (pre-goal) and the team in general.

el3mel

Agree. The forum was unbearable for a while now.

Hopefully the moaners relax little bit now.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!

Couldn't agree more, if this was Reddit I'd gild you!

shamans

Discuss negatives by all means. Refusing to celebrate goals and hoping we get beat? Anyone with that line of thinking isn't a fan.
Maybe you saw one or two people say that but like this thread states "this forum" is nothing like that. If anyone makes a thread about refusing to celebrate goals they would get banned most likely. Again if someone doesn't want to do that it's their choice but it's not like a majority of people are doing that.

And yes these people are fans. Call them shitty fans or whatever but they are fans and I hate it when people say someone isn't a fan because of a reason they don't believe in (not being from Manchester, being too young, being too negative etc)

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Some guy wanted us to lose 5-0. smh.
My word, that's horrendous. There's no feeling in football worse than getting battered by your rivals, just the thought of it makes me feel ill.

borrays

If you think that is bad go check newbie forum. That was fun to read. People there want to sack jose and give eddie howie a chance :wenger:

diplomat

I’d honestly love to ban all the miserable bastards on here but then we’d be no better than RAWK so what can you do
You really think like that? Hope that doesn't apply to your real-life interactions with other people.

Darkhorsez

Agree. It is so depressing at times. But sometimes it’s fun too when someone says Lukaku or smalling or some other players are crap and then they do well later on :D It’s like that for a while now especially so in the match day threads.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Oh give me a break. I watch footy and support United for my own entertainment and enjoyment. Part of why I support United is the success we have had and the stature of the club. If that doesn't make me a fan or whatever so be it. I do this for enjoyment not to show some unconditional support.

That is exactly what he is getting at. You are an addict. When we win, you feel great, but when we lose, you come on here complaining, rather than getting behind the team. If you cannot get behind the team when we lose or draw, dont bother getting behind the team when we win like days like today.

BaneIsPain

Yeah. it is sad state. Win or lose moaning is still there because United is not no 1 this season

Patience with manager is important unless proven lost the plot like Moyes & Van Gaal

Smores

Match day thread is pretty much always a disgrace.
Nah its worse now than ever, its those who hated Jose previously and loved LvG a little too much i think.

It's really quite sour

Rockets Redglare

It really pisses me off. If I can’t see the match because of work I usually follow it on here because it’s updated quicker than anywhere else but feck me the negativity is horrendous.
I read the updates on other sites and wonder if the “fans” on here are actually watching the same match.

E-mal

One can call a player out for a poor decision or the manager for a poor tactical decision but to suggest we loose a game so he/she is proven right is disgraceful.
Having said that calling a spade a spade or gloating about how poor we play doesnt make anybody less of a fan. Infact critiscing someone for airing their view that in itself is hypocritical when is blantantly obvious.
There has to be a balance between both side of the debate.

shamans

That is exactly what he is getting at. You are an addict. When we win, you feel great, but when we lose, you come on here complaining, rather than getting behind the team. If you cannot get behind the team when we lose or draw, dont bother getting behind the team when we win like days like today.
What does it mean to "get behind the team"? What do you do when you get behind the team? When we lose I come on here and discuss the reason we lost with the team. Or you saying I should stand up and clap and say it doesn't matter if you lose keep losing?

Marcky411

The support to the club is undeniable and that is why the reaction to what they are seeing on the pitch is so disapproving. They expect more, much more attacking wise especially knowing the history and DNA of the club and to expect fans to sit back and just to accept this because it is Mourinho is madness. Everyone was happy to call a spade a spade when it was Moyes and LvG.

EyeInTheSky

Some of the comments in the match day thread and the general attitude by people on this forum is staggering.

That match day thread today was an utter disgrace.
I avoided it today(usually do anyway) as peoples agendas are on full display from a few seconds into the match. Too much emotion makes for hyperbolic shite. I would love to see the meltdown after Martial got taken off for Lingard and the reaction afterwards:devil:

Ish

Lights on for Luke
The player performance threads are by far the worst part of the forum. Because in some cases people actually consider their opinions and still post opinions which are simply bizarre or totally wrong.
Yeah, it’s amazing some of the stuff/opinions you read. To top it off, some state their opinion as fact :lol:

Fridge chutney

Do your best.
Some of the comments in the match day thread and the general attitude by people on this forum is staggering.

That match day thread today was an utter disgrace.
Not just the match day thread. Some of the agenda posting in player threads (see Lingard after huddersfield) is pathetic. Also the general comments on McTominay have been shameful.

RedPnutz

This. They want entertainment, they want flair. They want the new shiny toy every summer and they want to be able to brag to their mates. Buying players is like picking a game off a shelf and Football is like a video game.

arnoldS

Why even make a matchday thread? People should concentrate on the match an stop chatting bullshit on the forum.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I actually think there is a significant group of people here who want the team to lose so they can have a legitimate complaint about performance and result.

E-mal

Every time we lose/draw the place goes mental. "Mourinho out." That is all i have been hearing since Newcastle.

"If you cannot support us when we lose or draw, dont bother supporting us when we win." Bill Shankley.
How about calling out a repeated pattern on how we have been playing?
We won today but the reason why alot of people have issues still remain glarinly obvious.
When one cannot give constructive criticsm then their is no need to have a forum.

RenegadeOfFunk

Just read around the part after Rom tied the game... It's awful. Some people are calling for heads while others are celebrating... and then they actually catch up to the part that we've scored and go on rants about how undeserved it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.