Tuppet - FAIL (Baresi)
Isotope - FAIL (Matthaus)
Edgar/ctp - FAIL (Baresi)
Invictus/KM - FAIL (Figueroa)
The Stain - PASS
Sjor Bepo/Physio - PASS
Marty1968/bleezy - FAIL (Matthaus)
MJJ - FAIL (Matthaus)

BLOCKED LIST: Puskas, Bozsik, Savicevic, Edwards, Kubala, Albert, Grosics, Falcao, Santamaria, Baresi, Matthaus, Figueroa.

The following managers must choose their next pick from Italy:
  • Enigma 87/Red Tiger
  • Tuppet
  • Edgar Allan Pillow / ctp
The following managers must choose their next pick from Germany (West Germany/East Germany/Germany):
  • Isotope
  • Marty1968 / bleezy
  • MJJ
The following managers can choose their next pick from the eligible pool.
  • Joga Bonito
  • Invictus / KM
This is because, after Elias Figueroa, there is only one Chilean player aged 34 or over who has played in a World Cup match. Therefore with two managers and one player, there are insufficient players remaining as per the criteria which stated:

If there are insufficient players remaining in that country, you will be free to choose your second or third picks from another country.
You have 12 hours.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
It's a bit like world-class, or mercurial for that matter. Doesn't mean a lot unless the parameters are defined.
Aye, true.

Actually, I think "GOAT" works pretty well in the draft context - the way it's most often used, i.e. as indicating a truly top shelf player even in a historical context, someone you can't really upgrade to any significant degree: Final worthy in an all-time draft with no limitations, something like that.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I actually considered that possibility with Figueroa, but I never bothered to verify it. Wasn't in for him, as it were.

Good call on Joga's/Invictus' part, though.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Did player B play a game? If so I stand corrected. If not, we carry on.
Actually no. I wrote down a name in my research and put the wrong country next to him so I had three in total (not counting player B who didn't play to my knowledge). Carry on.

Cal?

CR7 fan
ROUND THREE, STAGE ONE RESULTS:

Skizzo/Pat Mustard - PASS
Chesterlestreet - PASS
Enigma87/RedTiger - FAIL (Baresi)
Joga Bonito - FAIL (Figueroa)
Mazhar13 - PASS
Cal? - PASS
Snow - PASS
Stobzilla - PASS
Tuppet - FAIL (Baresi)
Isotope - FAIL (Matthaus)
Edgar/ctp - FAIL (Baresi)
Invictus/KM - FAIL (Figueroa)
The Stain - PASS
Sjor Bepo/Physio - PASS
Marty1968/bleezy - FAIL (Matthaus)
MJJ - FAIL (Matthaus)

BLOCKED LIST: Puskas, Bozsik, Savicevic, Edwards, Kubala, Albert, Grosics, Falcao, Santamaria, Baresi, Matthaus, Figueroa.

The following managers must choose their next pick from Italy:
  • Enigma 87/Red Tiger
  • Tuppet
  • Edgar Allan Pillow / ctp
The following managers must choose their next pick from Germany (West Germany/East Germany/Germany):
  • Isotope
  • Marty1968 / bleezy
  • MJJ
The following managers can choose their next pick from the eligible pool.
  • Joga Bonito
  • Invictus / KM
This is because, after Elias Figueroa, there is only one Chilean player aged 34 or over who has played in a World Cup match. Therefore with two managers and one player, there are insufficient players remaining as per the criteria which stated:

You have 12 hours.
Yay!!!!! You guys will be jealous when all is revealed...

Tuppet

Boy, that Figueroa pick was clever. Did you guys knew already that you would get a shot at the whole pool if the pick gets blocked ?

Enigma_87

You know who
I'm sorry guys(I know couple would hate me) but there are TWO Chilean players that participated in World Cup aged 34 or older. I made my research and thought going in with Figeroa for the same reason only to find out there are two of them.

I'm most definitely sure about this. If Gio wants I can provide a link as we're locked to Italy none the less...

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I'm sorry guys(I know couple would hate me) but there are TWO Chilean players that participated in World Cup aged 34 or older. I made my research and thought going in with Figeroa for the same reason only to find out there are two of them.

I'm most definitely sure about this. If Gio wants I can provide a link as we're locked to Italy none the less...
One of them didn't play. He was a squad member only. Chile only featured in the group stage and he was on the bench for all their matches as far as I can tell.

Enigma_87

You know who
One of them didn't play. He was a squad member only. Chile only featured in the group stage and he was on the bench for all their matches as far as I can tell.
That was the third one. ;)

The other was a key member of their most successful campaign(who I'm talking about).

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

I'm aware about the second player. The Sheep Committee is currently deciding whether Invictus/KM and Joga need to both go for him in the second round to get him blocked first, or to fast-track both managers to the wider pool in the second round.

Enigma_87

You know who
I'm aware about the second player. The Sheep Committee is currently deciding whether Invictus/KM and Joga need to both go for him in the second round to get him blocked first, or to fast-track both managers to the wider pool in the second round.
I think we can have two options here. One is if both of them go for him. The other is if someone passes the round/makes invalid pick and the other one gets him and the latter having an open 3rd choice.

Or two passes/invalid picks then 3rd round same as 2nd :lol::lol:

That's why I didn't go for him cause in essence I thought that we'd lose at least 2 rounds.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
That was the third one. ;)

The other was a key member of their most successful campaign(who I'm talking about).
I'm not sure what you're referring to here. There are two possible players besides Figueroa. One of them was a starter - the other one did indeed feature heavily in ONE tournament, but in the one which makes him eligible * he didn't feature at all.

Again, as far as I can tell.

* Or rather, the one which could have made him eligible. But since he didn't actually get any minutes, he isn't eligible.

Cal?

CR7 fan
My bet is on no sheep this round.
I reckon the German selections may still end up with a sheep... The Italians less likely with quite a few choice

Having said that, 1 or 2 of the Italians could have gone in the first round.