The Third Redcafe Sheep Draft

Enigma_87

You know who
Me too... :nervous:
I was kinda positive who you will go for, but let's see if my guess is correct :D

There are 5-8 GOATs (excluding keepers) in this pool, depending on whom you count. A few of them will go through or even unpicked like in round 1.
I had 10 in my research. But 5 are really obvious.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
so many great players.....yet, i expect a lot of sheeps :D

Marty1968

so many great players.....yet, i expect a lot of sheeps :D
Think the land-locked rule plays a huge factor here. There are some great players but some might be reluctant to pick them given the lack of top quality if your first round pick gets blocked...

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
We are getting a block.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
All submissions are in lads. Interesting results coming your way shortly.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
It's that or we all have our picks. I reckon RedTiger is more liley on the money

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I'm betting two or three will have picked a player who was inelegible.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I feel like people are pretty liberal with the GOAT term.
Yeah - if we're talking something like 7 or 8 GOATS here, the term is misused. I count two or three definite GOATs.

Then again, if we go with the "GOAT by position" angle, there will be more.

ctp

Yeah - if we're talking something like 7 or 8 GOATS here, the term is misused. I count two or three definite GOATs.

Then again, if we go with the "GOAT by position" angle, there will be more.
There are two centrebacks, two central midfielders, one attacking midfielder, one winger, who are all pretty much top three all-time in their position. Couple of fullbacks at that level, too. That qualifies them as GOATs in my opinion.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
There are two centrebacks, two central midfielders, one attacking midfielder, one winger, who are all pretty much top three all-time in their position. Couple of fullbacks at that level, too. That qualifies them as GOATs in my opinion.
Yes, sure - it's not an insane opinion.

However, "pretty much top three" is where it gets tricky. One could argue that a player who isn't THE greatest in his position can't be a GOAT by definition.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Yes, sure - it's not an insane opinion.

However, "pretty much top three" is where it gets tricky. One could argue that a player who isn't THE greatest in his position can't be a GOAT by definition.
It's a bit like world-class, or mercurial for that matter. Doesn't mean a lot unless the parameters are defined.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Sorry lads, that wasn't a Davina-style pause, just had to return to an urgent work task.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Some players are shell-shocked they won't be taking part in the Third Redcafe Sheep Draft: