g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

The Third Redcafe Sheep Draft

ROUND 3

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

ROUND THREE: WORLD CUP OLDIES

Choose anyone who played in a World Cup at the age of 34 or older. If your first pick is unsuccessful, you will be locked to that country for your second and third picks.

If there are insufficient players remaining in that country, you will be free to choose your second or third picks from another country.

When submitting your pick, please provide a link to prove that the player was selected in a World Cup match at the age of 34 or older.

You have 24 hours.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
@Gio how will the player be rated? Career peak as others or we are picking a 34+ year old player? Does he need to play or can he just be in the squad for the tournament.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
@Gio how will the player be rated? Career peak as others or we are picking a 34+ year old player? Does he need to play or can he just be in the squad for the tournament.
Please provide a link to prove that the player was selected in a World Cup match at the age of 34 or older. So someone who sat on the bench for the tournament and didn't get any game time - they will not qualify.

The player will not be judged on their performance level at the age of 34+, they will be assessed at their peak like any other player you choose.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Please provide a link to prove that the player was selected in a World Cup match at the age of 34 or older. So someone who sat on the bench for the tournament and didn't get any game time - they will not qualify.

The player will not be judged on their performance level at the age of 34+, they will be assessed at their peak like any other player you choose.
World Cup finals match, or WC qualifiers count?

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Yeah, country restriction is a potential killer. Possible to win big on a gamble here, but you could get stuck - as in, really stuck.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Hmm...I'm sorry sheep committee but Djemba-Djemba isn't Icelandic. You're thoroughly confused. Another one please.

Cal?

CR7 fan

World Cup finals match, or WC qualifiers count?
Actually, having re-read the rules, I assume it's WC finals that count, you can't really be on the bench for the tournament for qualifiers.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Finals - yes. And the player must have been on the pitch in an actual match. That's how I read it anyway.

As for Edgar's example, I'd assume the same principle goes as before (the Ballon round). Given that it moves on to ANY player who meets the basic requirement - not a player featured in the same World Cup, but in ANY World Cup - that would seem logical. Not least since the amount of candidates for a team like, say, Slovenia - would be very slender.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
The same country rule as round one remains in place for this round. Therefore if you submit a pick for a 34-year-old Croat who played in a World Cup match, you will have access to the full Yugoslav 34+ pool if you are blocked. Again that's the fairest way to carry it out to ensure equal access to the World Cups between 1930 and 1990.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Stobz, do you have links to any footage of him? His goal exploits are still brilliant despite the high average goals per game back then.

green_smiley

:lol:
Supports
#Justice4Wang!
The Stain (1) Stoichkov (2) De Gea
Joga Bonito (1) Kocsis (2) Schuster
Chesterlestreet (1) Šekularac (2) Franklin
Sjor Bepo/Physiocrat (1) Charisteas (2) J. Johnstone
Snow (1) Boniek (2) Djemba-Djemba
EAP/ctp (1) Džajić (2) Monti
MJJ (1) Yashin (2) A. Hansen
Marty1968/bleezy (1) Baros (2) Fontaine
Stobzilla (1) Demyanenko (2) Dixie Dean
Skizzo/Pat (1) Dasayev (2) Pedernera
mazhar13 (1) Netto (2) Schiaffino
Invictus/KM (1) Bene (2) Liedholm
Tuppet (1) Olisadebe (2) V. Mazzola
Isotope (1) Boban (2) Sivori
Enigma_87/RedTiger (1) Stojkovic (2) Redondo
Cal? (1) Vidic (2) Reus

BLOCKED LIST: Puskas, Bozsik, Savicevic, Edwards, Kubala, Albert, Grosics, Falcao, Santamaria.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
if i get sheep after so much research in this round i think i will kill myself....

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
11/16 submitted. Skizzo/Pat, EAP/ctp, Invictus/KM, The Stain and Sjor Bepo/Physiocrat to furnish us with their picks.