The Third Redcafe Sheep Draft

Cal?

CR7 fan
Looks like it is an imaginary team for this round. Great tactically and not even a lot of upgrades needed to look nearly perfect.
Thanks, but no doubt there will be a lot of people voting against me based on imaginary Cristiano not being able to play with imaginary Zlatan. ;)

Cal?

CR7 fan
I nearly went for Shevchenko before ctp convinced me to get Eusebio instead.
The failure to qualify for WC round? Eusebio probably is a better vote winner even if Shevchenko was great in his pre-Chelsea days.

I already had my fill of attacking players by then...

Enigma_87

You know who
I agree, but you'd be hard pressed to find 16 better 10's than he.
Maradona
Zidane
Laudrup
Zico
Didi(although not an exact 10 if not Netzer)
Bergkamp
Ronaldinho
Platini
Luis Suares(not the cnut one)
Baggio
Di Stefano
Cruyff
Messi
Socrates
Rivera
Charlton
Rivellino
etc..

Last edited:

RedTiger

Half mast
Maybe not 16 but you could probably name 10. I get his point about there being better players but I can also see that for that specific round it was a little strange that he got through.
If I was partnered with Enigma from the start of the draft then I would have pushed for Hagi, I always loved watching him play but teams really needed to be built around him.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
That William Foulke looks like a character out of a book. Everything about him doesn't look real, but for some reason, he is real!

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Maradona
Zidane
Laudrup
Zico
Didi(although not an exact 10 if not Netzer)
Bergkamp
Ronaldinho
Platini
Luis Suares(not the cnut one)
Baggio
Di Stefano
Cruyff
Messi
Socrates
Rivera
Charlton
Rivellino
etc..
Without arguing semantics, I don't consider some of those to play the same position as Hagi, but i'm gonna leave it anyway. Not having Bergkamp being better than Hagi though.

Enigma_87

You know who
If I was partnered with Enigma from the start of the draft then I would have pushed for Hagi, I always loved watching him play but teams really needed to be built around him.
For me it was Nedved or Stojkovic from the start. If I was blocked on Nedved however I'd have only Cech and Masopust available in the pool so went with Stojkovic.
Without arguing semantics, I don't consider some of those to play the same position as Hagi, but i'm gonna leave it anyway. Not having Bergkamp being better than Hagi though.
yeah some are really not in the same positions but different times, different tactics.

Bergkamp better than Hagi is a bit of a personal preference. Probably Baggio, Rivera and Netzer as well, but truth is this is the position with the biggest pool of quality players and people would probably wanted to keep it for next picks.

Also if Hagi was blocked certainly you'd be fecked in that round.

Enigma_87

You know who
Have you done a write-up on Stojkovic Yet? I bet you have access to a few more sources than I would be able to:)
yep, I've a lot of sources for him.

Waiting to see who we will face next so I can relate to it :)

MJJ

@MJJ you drafted one hell of the team mate,favorite IMO along with Joga's
Thanks Mani, think I need to avoid the sheepless teams to stand a chance though, formation might be a bit iffy. I wanted this though :(

What do you guys think about this?

------Romario-----Voller-
-Laudrup--------------Gullit
--------Souness-Robson
-Mazolla-Hansen-McGrath-Petrus
------------Yashin