The Title Race 2013/14

Salfordlad70

City will win the league - by far the strongest squad and first team

Liverpool too reliant on Suarez - when loss of form or niggling injuries strike they will drop some points, fair play to Rodgers though - he has them playing very good football and they pushed City hard

Arsenal are flat track bullies but they can be bullied themselves - still struggling in big games I think Newcastle will take points off them

Injuries are costing us - we also have to expect Jones/Smalling to make the odd defensive mistake as they establish themselves - that injury to Rafael is costly - will he give Fabio a chance or will he move one of the CBs out there

Chelsea are a bit of an enigma - can be very strong and can look shite - still manage to eek out wins - like ourselves in some ways they make hard work of wins and a significant signing could be crucial

My head tells me the league will finish
1 City
2 Arsenal
3 Chelsea
4 United and Liverpool to be very close
I am beginning to wonder if there is a possibility that Chelsea could drop out of the top four.If they don't add a striker then it could happen

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Arsenal are top of the league and we don't even get a mention in the media.

After Newcastle, there are five very winnable league games too.
Yes, it's terrible how the London media treat Arsenal.

Terrible.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly

Apart from Southampton away, I'd agree with you. You should beat Cardiff, Villa, Fulham and Palace comfortably though.
January could be a very good month for you.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
Apart from Southampton away, I'd agree with you. You should beat Cardiff, Villa, Fulham and Palace comfortably though.
January could be a very good month for you.

Didnt see their list, christ they could be about 7 ahead of us and about 15 ahead of United by then given ours and Uniteds January fxitures.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!

Its faded out massively since the Ozil honeymoon period died out.

Suarez and Liverpool are the real sweethearts now. Once his goal ratio levels out I imagine Jose's dark horses will get their moment despite being worse to watch than us (regardless of our league position).

ItsEssexRob

Supports
Chelsea
Its faded out massively since the Ozil honeymoon period died out.

Suarez and Liverpool are the real sweethearts now. Once his goal ratio levels out I imagine Jose's dark horses will get their moment despite being worse to watch than us (regardless of our league position).

Just wait untill we get Falcao, Mangala and Hernandez in January, then we will be their lovers.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
The other games are: Everton vs Southampton and Newcastle vs Arsenal. I think it will be a Everton draw and a Newcastle loss which moves us up a place to Top 6.
Everton will beat Southampton. Despite that win against a pretty hapless Cardiff they've been going through a bit of a poor spell.

Carl

Probably because you aren't seen as genuine contenders. A bit like how Southampton's league position wasn't taken seriously when they were 3rd.
loljoke

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
Probably because you aren't seen as genuine contenders. A bit like how Southampton's league position wasn't taken seriously when they were 3rd.
loljoke
We're halfway through a season now, if they're not contenders then no one is.

Edit:White text. :(

Carl

We're halfway through a season now, if they're not contenders then no one is.

Edit:White text. :(
:lol: First sentance is true though. Rightly or wrongly they just aren't seen as contenders by most pundits and media outlets as everyone expects them to just fall away like they usually do.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
We're breathing down Chelsea and Liverpool's necks now. With either of them, or even both, dropping points this weekend. :devil:

ItsEssexRob

Supports
Chelsea
Once again the problem is as gritty and consistent as United are getting City are matching you with results, although theirs wasn't impressive its one of those Festive fixture list games where you field a rough side and still win it.

I still expect City to beat Swansea with their fresher players and even though United plough on City stay 7 ahead. We really need to beat Liverpool now though, but a draw wouldnt be the end of the world.

Ixion

No chance. We've won 4 in a row and we're still 7 off City, they've won 7 of the last 8. Closing a 7-8 point gap on 3 teams just isn't happening.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Once again the problem is as gritty and consistent as United are getting City are matching you with results, although theirs wasn't impressive its one of those Festive fixture list games where you field a rough side and still win it.

I still expect City to beat Swansea with their fresher players and even though United plough on City stay 7 ahead. We really need to beat Liverpool now though, but a draw wouldnt be the end of the world.

True, wasn't expecting City to drop points today obviously, but it could have easily happened.

How do you think your boys will fare tomorrow?

I think as a United fan, a draw would be the best outcome.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
We've City at Old Trafford later in the season. Win that (provided the seven-point remains, which is unlikely) and we shave the gap to four points. Only a madman would suggest that isn't salvageable.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
the o

After our start, the real game is to simply climb the table, and make sure even top 4 is gained first. We could have very easily found ourselves 20 odd points behind by now without this good winning run.
We all know momentum is important, so keep it going, and see what it brings.

Doesn't necessarily mean we'll get close to City, but ensuring top 4 is the utter minimum.

Beating Tottenham is essential now. Hopefully 3 of the 6 out today will be involved. Valencia definitely will be back, Rooney should be back. any of the other 4 will be a bonus.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Let's not forget both of City's festive fixtures have been at home, where they look solid. Had they been away twice like ourselves, there's no telling how unconvincing they'd have looked.

Cee90

No chance. We've won 4 in a row and we're still 7 off City, they've won 7 of the last 8. Closing a 7-8 point gap on 3 teams just isn't happening.

Not sure why there's a need to be so pessimistic really.

Yes, we've been pretty crap all season but we are now gaining some form going in to the New Year, and with the January transfer window around the corner who knows what will happen.

A few quality signings in January will put us right back up there in the mix.

ItsEssexRob

Supports
Chelsea
We've City at Old Trafford later in the season. Win that (provided the seven-point remains, which is unlikely) and we shave the gap to four points. Only a madman would suggest that isn't salvageable.

City on their game though will destroy anyone, especially as at OT United will come out and attack. With City getting their away act together and United not tearing up trees at home, a draw is very possible from City, so I wouldnt realy on that game, rely on City going away to Everton, Anfield, WS, Emirates etc, they seem to suffer in those games where their heads arent in it. Derby isnt one.

Sam

Are any of you lot actually watching us play?

We haven't got a hope in hell. Any half decent team would beat us. We've had a lucky run of fixtures thats all.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
We won't catch City and I doubt we can catch Chelsea or Arsenal.

A couple of gritty, unimpressive wins by a fearful United side won't change the gap in quality. They're better sides than us as of now, at least Arsenal and City are.

We should snatch fourth place.

ItsEssexRob

Supports
Chelsea

We haven't got a hope in hell. Any half decent team would beat us. We've had a lucky run of fixtures thats all.

To be fair Hull and Norwich away arent that easy, I said I wouldnt be impressed if you could win all 3 including Spurs and I stand by that, itlld be a big feat.

Title is now 15/1, Citys consistency the main factor it isnt lowering much.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes

Agreed, and City's away form is less than exemplary, their second half of the season they play many top teams away. But at the moment, let's hope Everton and Chelsea/Liverpool drop points today. Coupled with a win on the second, it'll be a very satisfying holiday fixtures for us.

Cee90

Crazy talk.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

great attitude. see you next season then eh? :lol:

ItsEssexRob

Supports
Chelsea
True, wasn't expecting City to drop points today obviously, but it could have easily happened.

How do you think your boys will fare tomorrow?

I think as a United fan, a draw would be the best outcome.

I think we'll struggle. Suarez and Coutinho are the two sort of players we will be cut open against, and we will need to score at least 2 to win, something im not sure we are capable of at present.

A draw looks the best bet, but I wouldnt put it past Liverpool to end Joses run.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Agreed, and City's away form is less than exemplary, their second half of the season they play many top teams away. But at the moment, let's hope Everton and Chelsea/Liverpool drop points today. Coupled with a win on the second, it'll be a very satisfying holiday fixtures for us.

Agree, but are you purposely getting all the dates wrong?!
Everton/Liverpool are tomorrow, and we play on the 1st! :wenger:

December_16

I can easily argue that our recent fixtures are anything but easy/lucky. We might have turned the corner after the back-to-back defeats and with all the players are to come back from injury, we're gonna go on an unbeaten run till the end of the season!

Probably not, but I'm saying it definitely goes both way.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
We're on a good run of results but they're all teams we should be expected to beat. We have a hell of a lot more to do before we look like title contenders again.

We've also looked fairly unconvincing in a lot of these wins. On another day they could easily have been different results and we can't really afford any more slip ups at this point.

Plus, even if we manage to get back to PL winning form, Man City still have a better team than us. If they get things right there'll be absolutely nothing we can do to catch them.

On the plus side we still have a lot of players coming back from injury, so we're definitely going to keep improving. Hopefully the panic over us not getting 4th will die down too and there'll be less risk of us making poor panic signings in January.

Sam

If we win this title Arsenal, Chelsea, City and Liverpool should all sack their entire squads and start again.