The Tottenham Hotspur 2020/21 thread

Ludens the Red

I mean I’m not really surprised at tonight cos you know, they’re Spurs and stuff. But they pretty much killed any chance of winning that game with that abomination of a line up, Hojberg and Ndombele as a two? Doherty left wing back? What kind of game to experiment is this? If Ole pulled this kind of stunt in a game this big I’d be turning up to his house with eggs. After Liverpool’s recent run how do you try and play them by sitting in like that? Shocking stuff from Mourinho.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I mean I’m not really surprised at tonight cos you know, they’re Spurs and stuff. But they pretty much killed any chance of winning that game with that abomination of a line up, Hojberg and Ndombele as a two? Doherty left wing back? What kind of game to experiment is this? If Ole pulled this kind of stunt in a game this big I’d be turning up to his house with eggs. After Liverpool’s recent run how do you try and play them by sitting in like that? Shocking stuff from Mourinho.
Whatever his plan was it didn't work

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Two wins in 8 league games.

Mourinho taking them to new heights Poch couldn't manage continues....

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Poch did an excellent job.

Take out Son+Kane and you haven't really much quality.

FujiVice

David Moyes would have done as good a job as Mourinho has done with them. Mourinho isnt going to improve on Poch.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Poch did an excellent job.

Take out Son+Kane and you haven't really much quality.
I have said it before at the early season when the fans were overhyping the team, their squad is far off from challenging. Apart from Lloris, Kane, Son, Reguilon, the rest are just meh. Midfield options are too average & defensively looks good this season due to Mourinho’s defensive tactic. @GlastonSpur was so ahead of himself and in delusional at that time.

This squad is much worse than when Pochettino managed it with Rose, Vertonghen, Walker, Dembele, 3 prime Alli, Aldeweireld & Eriksen.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
His legs have gone. He's finished.
To be expected. I have said it at the beginning of last season that Spurs need to rebuild the whole defense (back four) and midfield. What’s your thought? Agree? You signed Reguilon so at least left back sorted out, why is he not playing today anyway?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I have said it before at the early season when the fans were overhyping the team, their squad is far off from challenging. Apart from Lloris, Kane, Son, Reguilon, the rest are just meh. Midfield options are too average & defensively looks good this season due to Mourinho’s defensive tactic. @GlastonSpur was so ahead of himself and in delusional at that time.

This squad is much worse than when Pochettino managed it with Rose, Vertonghen, Walker, Dembele, 3 prime Alli, Aldeweireld & Eriksen.
I agree though I'd add N'dombele in as definitely good enough.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
It was like where I watched a game with Spurs involved a couple weeks ago with Sissoko on the right wing. I think by himself with no input from the opposition he managed to screw up around three counter attacks. I was thinking to myself why the feck does Jose have Sissoko on the right wing? Stick Moura, Bale, hell even that donkey Lamela out there if you want a wide attacking player who will put in a defensive shift and provide little going forward.

Ludens the Red

It was like where I watched a game with Spurs involved a couple weeks ago with Sissoko on the right wing. I think by himself with no input from the opposition he managed to screw up around three counter attacks. I was thinking to myself why the feck does Jose have Sissoko on the right wing? Stick Moura, Bale, hell even that donkey Lamela out there if you want a wide attacking player who will put in a defensive shift and provide little going forward.
Maybe he sees Pep playing Gundogan as a false nine and Foden as a right winger and wants to outdo him?

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
How are they still only 1 point off top 4 if they win their game in hand? It seems they have dropped points every couple of games for the last few weeks!

Red & White

That’s a huge blow with Kane being injured this evening. Fine margins at the top at the moment so it could play a big part in the top 4 race.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Not a good news for spurs fans
Phew, lucky I sold him last week when I used my wildcard on my FPL team. Good news for me and also non Spurs fans and also Arsenal, Leicester & Chelsea fans. :lol:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
TBF were not miles off you lot.
I disagree. I wouldn’t say our midfield is the best but Spurs midfield definitely miles off.

Miles off from Bruno & Pogba for sure. You probably have to agree that Van De Beek our backup player is an upgrade to your midfield. And I wouldn’t take the deeper midfield like Sissoko and winks over McTomminay & Fred either while Hojbjerg is debatable 50:50.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I disagree. I wouldn’t say our midfield is the best but definitely miles off from Spurs.

Miles off from Bruno & Pogba for sure. You probably have to agree that Van De Beek our backup player is an upgrade to your midfield. And I wouldn’t take the deeper midfield like Sissoko and winks over McTomminay & Fred either while Hojbjerg is debatable 50:50.
I just meant in t he context of the league..... awkward glance :lol:.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
OK Mr Specific.. I wouldn't disagree you have a much better midfield.
I have given you the counter argument about that. If you are insisting to stay with your original view then nothing I can do to change but only time can tell and will change your view like how last time you were insisting to disagree with what I told you early of last season before about Spurs was below United in the rebuilding stage.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I have given you the counter argument about that. If you are insisting to stay with your original view then nothing I can do to change but only time can tell and will change your view like how last time you were insisting to disagree with what I told you early of last season before about Spurs was below United in the rebuilding stage.
I told you I didn't think we had progressed, you seem to want to listen to yourself more then me as to what I think. you are certainly in a better position than us to win the league.

tomaldinho1

So here it begins.
The Mourinho Chronicles.
Aurier would do well giving Shaw a call, might as well get prepared for what will essentially a year of public shaming and harassment until Jose is sacked.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I told you I didn't think we had progressed, you seem to want to listen to yourself more then me as to what I think. you are certainly in a better position than us to win the league.
Not sure if that was the argument, you were the one who replied to my post so stick with the argument of the post you replied don’t start making new argument every single post.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Doesn’t Kane normally get injured around about now? Might be one of those weird feelings of football

ti vu

Don't see Spurs can make up potential 8 points to challenge for title. They're out of it IMO.

Dippers back in it despite of potential 7 points gap though since I think they have experience, and the host of Scouse love in media to cheer them up.