The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
This time it is more shocking, different and beneath the pale than the other controversies.
Perhaps the case considering he's speaking about an event where someone's actually been hurt. But I struggle to think this isn't going to be anything other than another 'shocking' incident that's brushed over briefly in a few days when the next major controversy comes out. Of course, over time as they build up and he becomes more of a laughing stock, I suspect we'll eventually see him brought down and replaced by Pence, but I'm still sceptical whenever we talk about any event as being the one that's going to bring him down.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
He's just saying all this to win votes, he's going to pivot to the centre any day now.
You spin me right round baby right round, like Trump's pivot baby right round round round :lol:

Oh btw, excellent Tweet here as PM'd to me by @dpansheth in the noobs.

Trump clearly says "US" and he doesn't mean the U.S..................

Neutral

BTV
While so many saw the truth and not wanting to believe it, kept making excuses and looking for a Trump that clearly wasn't there...

The Nazis clearly saw him for what he was/is.

Heil Trump indeed.

langster

Scout
Would be great of Murdoch sours on Trump. All Fox coverage, spare perhaps Hannity, would go anti-Trump.
I've been saying this a while mate, it's not a case of Murdoch souring on Trump, it's that Trump is so toxic he's indefensible. Only those that are too invested like Hannity, Watters and those nupties from Fox & Friends will still have to cover him favourably because they have no choice. Pretty much the rest of Fox turned against Trump a while ago. Murdoch isn't stupid, he won't back a losing horse once it's apparent that horse is lame.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I've been saying this a while mate, it's not a case of Murdoch souring on Trump, it's that Trump is so toxic he's indefensible. Only those that are too invested like Hannity, Watters and those nupties from Fox & Friends will still have to cover him favourably because they have no choice. Pretty much the rest of Fox turned against Trump a while ago. Murdoch isn't stupid, he won't back a losing horse once it's apparent that horse is lame.
That's why I'm convinced Trump will dump Bannon. He has to keep Murdoch happy as Fox is really his last remaining TV propaganda that keeps his base in line.

Last edited:

Precaution

Dropped to 34% according to the latest Gallup poll, can it get worse?!

McCain favorability went upto 58% from 53% after his vote sunk the healthcare bill, just goes to show what the American people are thinking.

Fergies Gum

Not sure why journalists even need to mislead people with what happened at this press conference.

The tweet has been widely retweeted and should be deleted. The clarification will get nowhere near the amount of exposure as that above tweet, so its just reckless journalism.

langster

Scout
That's why I'm convinced Trump will dumb Bannon. He has to keep Murdoch happy as Fox is really his last remaining TV propaganda that keeps his base in line.
Yeah, that's very possible, especially after his comments just now, it's clear Bannon will go sooner rather than later. I think it's too late now though, this is going to haunt him. It does beg the question though, how will getting rid of Bannon now appease Murdoch?

Neutral

BTV
He goes to say something...but, he doesn't say 'us'

Not like it f-ing matters...his whole presser was about 'us' vs 'them', and there is no question which is the 'us'.

entropy

That's why I'm convinced Trump will dump Bannon. He has to keep Murdoch happy as Fox is really his last remaining TV propaganda that keeps his base in line.
What about all those breitbart fanatics who follow Bannon? Aren't those the wankers who elected him in the first place?

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
cute that you think anything will come of this
Well, I never said anything will come of it. But I don't think defending the far right is exactly going to improve his relations within his own party. I imagine his fellow republicans will want to distance themselves from him. Trump is like a bull in a China shop.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
"A gathering full of white supremacists Nazis doesn't have good people in it. Those are all bad people."

Do people really not see the flaw in that statement?
Explain. I'm personally willing to accept that statement given the circumstances. Anyone chanting "blood and soil" can go to hell.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Trump's defending the far right protestors. He's digging holes for himself. He's a fekin idiot, that's what he is.

Neutral

BTV
Lose Bannon and the rest of the deplorables will follow.
Bannon has done his job - the man himself said to his inner circle, he didn't expect to last too long within the administration.

Getting rid of him won't cause those people to leave. They'll have this press conference for eternity.

Look at it - Trump 2 days after nazis marched, attacked and killed a woman was forced to name check and condemn them.

He hates 'bowing down' - he came out today and basically repeated all their talking points, but did it as the President of the United States of America.

Nazis haven't had a win this big since the Battle of Bautzen in the eastern front.

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
Would be great timing if The recording comes out now where he allegedly called people "nig**rs" on the Apprentice.....

If it was a bond market - time is perfect to sell it

Fergies Gum

That's an exaggeration. Overwhelming majority of Fox News hosts and pundits still support him on the airwaves.

ChaddyP

Well, I never said anything will come of it. But I don't think defending the far right is exactly going to improve his relations within his own party. I imagine his fellow republicans will want to distance themselves from him. Trump is like a bull in a China shop.
in a normal world I would agree with you. But this man survived a Muslim ban and making fun of a mental ill kid. He's bullet proof. Even when the Republicans distance themselves from a specific thing he did

Status
Not open for further replies.