The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javi

You don't turn blind from looking at the sun for a few sec or am I missing something? I check with the sun daily like he did in the clip and still score A1 with the doctors.

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
You don't turn blind from looking at the sun for a few sec or am I missing something? I check with the sun daily like he did in the clip and still score A1 with the doctors.
You can if you do it during an eclipse or something i guess.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Not been keeping up fully with this...do we have a good idea of what his general approach is going to be? Is he pissed off enough at Trump to fully turn against him? Or does he understand Trump's the closest to what he's going to get in terms of a President, meaning he'll go soft on him?

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Not been keeping up fully with this...do we have a good idea of what his general approach is going to be? Is he pissed off enough at Trump to fully turn against him? Or does he understand Trump's the closest to what he's going to get in terms of a President, meaning he'll go soft on him?
From what he said, he's going to attack his enemies in the White House while supporting Trump still, BUT if Trump doesn't continue to follow his agenda, they'll try and get GOP members to support indictment.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Well apparently he's going to go after Trump's enemies and the people who wanted to get Bannon himself out of the White House. Apparently it was an amicable decision and he was meant to go two weeks ago, but it didn't happen like that. However, two of the people he's reported to want to go after are Kushner and Ivanka so I can't see how he could do that and stay on Trump's side at the same time. It's a clusterfeck, that's for sure.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Well apparently he's going to go after Trump's enemies and the people who wanted to get Bannon himself out of the White House. Apparently it was an amicable decision and he was meant to go two weeks ago, but it didn't happen like that. However, two of the people he's reported to want to go after are Kushner and Ivanka so I can't see how he could do that and stay on Trump's side at the same time. It's a clusterfeck, that's for sure.
Yeah, what I was thinking. Can't realistically stay on the President's side while attacking those who are closest to him. All the infighting is handy for opponents of Trump, though. Kushner's a bit of a lightweight and does feck all, but he's handy for provoking the hate of the alt-right types and stirring divisions.

langster

Scout
Yeah, what I was thinking. Can't realistically stay on the President's side while attacking those who are closest to him. All the infighting is handy for opponents of Trump, though. Kushner's a bit of a lightweight and does feck all, but he's handy for provoking the hate of the alt-right types and stirring divisions.
Jared, Ivanka and Don Jr have all gone exceedingly quiet since the stories about them and the Russian collusion came out. Jared and Don Jr have definitely got something to hide and who knows with Ivanka? But all three went from highly vocal supporters of their father (and father in law) and fierce critics of the fake news etc, but when the stories started to drop all three kind of disappeared from public view and all stopped being quoted anywhere near as much as before, and Don Jr hasn't been heard from since.

When you add Bannon to all of this, it's just a mass recipe for feck knows what, but all the different interests, angles, accusations and stories means none of this is going to go quiet, quite the opposite in fact. The only question really, is how deep the rabbit hole goes?

Last edited:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Mods, I suggest a thread ban, temp or permanent, for anyone that brings up the Hillary/Bernie primaries from this point forward. Posters need to get that nonsense to the applicable thread.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Expecting it to kickoff off here in Phoenix tomorrow night. Loads of anti-fascist types are planning on protesting.

Last edited:

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Everything with him is "billions". You can just imagine him going into his dry cleaners to complain after they've lost his shirt. "You people, are making billions and billions of dollars, and losing many shirts. Many, many shirts."

Tyrion

Agreed. I doubt any Trump voters would switch sides anytime soon but they could be discouraged from voting GOP if it spends the next year at war with itself. Bannon on the outside will keep criticism being directed at the moderates the GOP hopes will reign in Trump so it will hopefully lead to more distance between most of the GOP and their own voters.

prateik

Everything with him is "billions". You can just imagine him going into his dry cleaners to complain after they've lost his shirt. "You people, are making billions and billions of dollars, and losing many shirts. Many, many shirts."

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Nail, head.
Except for that last sentence, I have no idea about that.
The first sentence is pretty much irrelevant as she could care less about the military-industrial complex. She's just using it as an excuse to get in a sly dig at Obama's pronunciation of Pakistan.

A bit like when she mocked the Mr. Khan's accent.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
The first sentence is pretty much irrelevant as she could care less about the military-industrial complex. She's just using it as an excuse to get in a sly dig at Obama's pronunciation of Pakistan.

A bit like when she mocked the Mr. Khan's accent.

She's an utter asshole, and the anti-war movement doesn't need her.
But she is right, whatever her reasons, that presidents end up following roughly the same foreign policy with a few personal quirks, regardless of public mood or campaign promises.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
But she is right, whatever her reasons, that presidents end up following roughly the same foreign policy with a few personal quirks, regardless of public mood or campaign promises.

She reminds me of an ex-gf.

If we were fecking (and the sex was great), we were arguing. And thats the first realisation or lesson in life that sex isnt all that worth it.

Sweet Square

I agree but if it was that simple, he would have won the primaries.
The Dems primaries are far more of conservative contest then a presidential race. Even taking into account that Sanders and his team where treated completely unfairly by the DNC, there are other measures that go against progressive/left wing politics. Bernie base was mostly independent and young voters, to vote in the New York primary you had to register 6 months before the contest, hardly anyone in the US knew Sanders before a couple of weeks into the race, only certain primaries would let independents vote(The ones that did Sander did very well with)and the primaries also started in the more conservative south. And I would also add that I don't think the reason Clinton was picked over Sanders was because her policies better.

Although none of this really matters now sadly.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
That's usually because once a country is already at war, the realistic options available are generally very limited. 'Pull out the troops!' sounds great until you see the projected outcomes which include things like ISIS or the Taliban taking over Afghanistan.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
That's usually because once a country is already at war, the realistic options available are generally very limited. 'Pull out the troops!' sounds great until you see the projected outcomes which include things like ISIS or the Taliban taking over Afghanistan.
The main problem is that Pakistan is incentivized to keep Afghanistan somewhat destablized and as long as there is a porous border, the Taliban can just scamper across as they please when the US come around to clean up again. Without a regional solution, nothing will change.

langster

Scout
I didn't see it but apparently Hannity showed the march in Charlottesville and said that "1% were bad people" This was shown the night before Trump went off on one at the press, himself claiming that "not all were bad people"

This is getting a bit of traction and Hannity is being labelled a Nazi sympathiser on Twitter and it's given more ammunition to the people calling for his head. It's got a couple more sponsors spooked though and more sponsors have just pulled their adverts from his show. Obviously it's now given more evidence to where Trump gets his news and just proves that for the moment, this still isn't going away. It's been a while since we have heard about Russia, maybe that was the intention all along? but if so, it's not gone the way they expected because it's now looking like this could be more of a reason to dump Trump than the Russian collusion. With more protests being planned for tonight's Trump rally and Trump fans really not happy with that on Twitter, and with Trump accused of being highly disrespectful and extremely irresponsible for holding a rally so close to last weeks events, well this could go from bad to worse for Trump real quick.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Nine percent of Americans said holding neo-Nazi or white supremacist views is acceptable
83 percent, said holding neo-Nazi views is unacceptable
Thirty-nine percent said they believe the "alt-right" holds white supremacist of neo-Nazi views, whereas 21 percent believe they do not. Thirty-nine percent had no opinion
56 percent, disapproves of Trump’s reaction to the attack in Charlottesville
Comments:

9% is not bad for an extreme movement, there is something to build on there for the Nazis.
83+9=92, what the feck are the 8% who are undecided about Nazis...?
Looks like the vocabulary still gives alt-righters a pass.
About similar to his general disapproval, AFAIK.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/347418-survey-9-percent-call-neo-nazi-views-acceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.