The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
What’s the synopsis re incomes and tax breaks?
Well,

1) standard exemption doubled for singles and couples,
2) no change to the 401K policy.

This my current bucket (2017) - 25% bracket ($75,900 to $153,100) - $10,452.50 plus 25% of the excess over $75,900.
In the new proposed bucket, I'm still at 25%, with $90,000 limit.

Need to check the child tax credit in detail and also how the deduction of state tax works. It would have hit me harder if I still lived in Jersey, but now I live in Illinois.

But there are plenty of breaks for the rich people.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Curious, how are jurors selected? For this case, will this be tried in NY and so all jurors will be new yorkers?
As long as the trial is not moved to a "neutral" venue then yes they would all come from the NY area.

Then they go through a questioning process where either side can accept or request a juror be excluded.

fishfingers15

I wonder how your disposable income and quality of life will compare though. Medical bills, local infrastructures that you use every day - that sort of thing.
I'm covered through my employer for medical insurance. I spend about 9K to 10K on medical insurance with about 5000 dollar deductible. I won't face the challenges of Obamacare etc.. I don't see a lot of infrastructure impact as well, but local taxes are either not deductible or deductible with a limit. But the doubling of exemption limit makes up for it I suppose.

I'm not in favor of this tax plan, just saying it is better for me. I must be in the top 5 or top 10% of wage earners though.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
No sympathy for them whatsoever.

A healthy dose of laziness, pigheadedness and stupidity and they voted for Trump because he appealed to that denominator. Meanwhile they'll blame everything on immigrants when they're the ones too stupid and too lazy to retrain themselves. Get fecked.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
I do live in the US so I do not need you to lecture me about those who do follow Trump. There are plenty who don't.

In the end there are enough who don't especially that it will not affect the ability to have a fair trial.

Yes it was dumb of him to say, well that goes for almost everything he says. But the point raised was it affecting the trial and in the end it won't.
Lecture? That's a bit strong. And yes, I can read your location. Relax.

I was referring to this: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/10/11/upshot/trump-nfl-polarization.html
Which, IMO, is a bit of a stronger source than our own anecdotal experiences that are often clouded by our own bubbles.

On the last point, you already said that it would affect it. You're just judging that it won't be that much, which is fair enough as it's still TBD. But that doesn't mean there won't be an impact or that it won't create opportunities for defense attorneys to look to exploit. He's undoubtedly impacting the trial, which is in and of itself, bad.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
At an event on Thursday morning, Perry said fossil fuels will be important for electrifying parts of Africa and that the expansion of energy there can help reduce sexual assaults.

“When the lights are on, you have light that shines, the righteousness, if you will, on these types of acts,” he said.

“From the standpoint of how you really affect people’s lives, fossil fuels are going to play a role in that. I happen to think it’s going to play a positive role.”

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
No sympathy for them whatsoever.

A healthy dose of laziness, pigheadedness and stupidity and they voted for Trump because he appealed to that denominator. Meanwhile they'll blame everything on immigrants when they're the ones too stupid and too lazy to retrain themselves. Get fecked.
I've got even less sympathy for them when they actively vote for a party who are all about individual responsibility and free markets. Republican philosophy's supposed to dictate that if an industry stagnates and people lose their jobs, then something else will replace it. That's largely what's happening here as renewable energy comes to the fore. Which is a sensible move. If they're going to vote for a right-wing party, it's a bit daft for them to expect to state to provide for them but not others.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Well,

1) standard exemption doubled for singles and couples,
2) no change to the 401K policy.

This my current bucket (2017) - 25% bracket ($75,900 to $153,100) - $10,452.50 plus 25% of the excess over $75,900.
In the new proposed bucket, I'm still at 25%, with $90,000 limit.

Need to check the child tax credit in detail and also how the deduction of state tax works. It would have hit me harder if I still lived in Jersey, but now I live in Illinois.

But there are plenty of breaks for the rich people.
So basically if I make $150k plus and live in Illinois, I’m probably going to do better? (I do).

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I believe they've cut ties with Milo. He was recently seen yucking it up with Spencer and his mob in Dallas bars, after which even Bannon cut his ties, so I would think Mercer is doing the same here.
Lol I didn't read the thing properly.

HE IS SELLING ... TO HIS DAUGHTER. Who is his political ally and heir, and major influence on Trump.
This is no change.

fishfingers15

So basically if I make $150k plus and live in Illinois, I’m probably going to do better? (I do).
Yea, I think so. Do you file as a single person or joint married? Pretty sure child benefits are also going to increase. My wife doesn't work and so we file as a couple, and I don't make 150K, but I'm in the 100 to 110K bracket. Even if my wife does get an intern position, we are not in danger of crossing the current limit. But with the new brackets, that will go up to 200K. So you should be even more on the safe side.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Lecture? That's a bit strong. And yes, I can read your location. Relax.

I was referring to this: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/10/11/upshot/trump-nfl-polarization.html
Which, IMO, is a bit of a stronger source than our own anecdotal experiences that are often clouded by our own bubbles.

On the last point, you already said that it would affect it. You're just judging that it won't be that much, which is fair enough as it's still TBD. But that doesn't mean there won't be an impact or that it won't create opportunities for defense attorneys to look to exploit. He's undoubtedly impacting the trial, which is in and of itself, bad.
No I said the lawyers will attempt to use it just as they will attempt to use the news story. Their claims will not be upheld, a jury will be found and the trial will happen, unless of course the accused pleads guilty.

The defense Will always look for issues, ways to throw out evidence etc. that is normal. The prosecution will look to get things the defense wants to use thrown out. It's what they do.

It's the same in any case that draws a lot of news coverage.

The NFL is not an issue in this case. 100% of the US does not hate the NFL. 100% of the jury pool will not be affected by Trump. They will find acceptable jurors and alternates needed.

At the end of the day, Trumps comments won't affect the trial.

Understand the difference between tactics the defense will try and what will actually be allowed to change the trial. The defense will try everything they always do but it will not be successful in claiming any sort of tainted jury.

I expect the defense might also push for a change aid venue , which won't be allowed.

Last edited:

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Yea, I think so. Do you file as a single person or joint married? Pretty sure child benefits are also going to increase. My wife doesn't work and so we file as a couple, and I don't make 150K, but I'm in the 100 to 110K bracket. Even if my wife does get an intern position, we are not in danger of crossing the current limit. But with the new brackets, that will go up to 200K. So you should be even more on the safe side.
I file jointly as married. My wife doesn't work either. We have one kid. I'll probably file for around $160K this year. Thanks for the info.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Liz Warren explaining who the real winners of the proposed tax bill will be and saying it's $2 TRILLION cut for big corporations like Wells Fargo.

That money will have to be made back somewhere and you can guess it wont be from the rich. Smoke and mirrors as expected.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Liz Warren explaining who the real winners of the proposed tax bill will be and saying it's $2 TRILLION cut for big corporations like Wells Fargo.

That money will have to be made back somewhere and you can guess it wont be from the rich. Smoke and mirrors as expected.
Trickle down bullshit.

fishfingers15

How much tax revenue will be lost with the elimination of AMT and estate tax?
Best case estimate is 1.5 Trillion added to the deficit. Have to wonder what happened to Mark fecking Meadows and Freedom Caucus with their 'No adding to deficit' bullshit. A Republican government can add to the deficit though, if they had any ounce of self respect, they'll fecking die

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Dunno why he always capitalises the wrong words...he's either an 18th-century novelist or a total moron.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Oh snap.....looks like Sessions is in trouble. Page just testified under oath that he told Sessions he was going to Moscow.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Oh snap.....looks like Sessions is in trouble. Page just testified under oath that he told Sessions he was going to Moscow.
Can’t help but think the Trump admin and satelittes might be encouraging this.

Oscie

Suits Trump. He now has an excuse to remove him as AG and replace him with someone who isn't going to recuse himself of involvement in the inquiry.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
This Russia thing is getting weirder and weirder. We are now hearing that Russia may have come up in discussion as if that's the normal. It should never come up. Never. Not once.

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
$4000 per family of 4 gained.
The news reports $1600 gained.

Now if one family member of those 4 get sick. You might gain at the expense of someone else's family member dying. Keep your $4k or your $1600. I'd rather look my neighbor in the eye.
I truly hate these bastards.

Status
Not open for further replies.