The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Yeah. I haven't checked on what I gain or lose because I've been through the ringer in the last few weeks. But I digress. This is not anyone (apart from the very rich or companies) gaining anything. Its a crime against humanity wrapped in a pretty bow.
Indeed. And it seems to help the bs small businesses which aren't really small businesses.

Fergies Gum

You'd think Twitter would have more stringent security controls in place over high profile accounts.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
One thing I truly admire about the US is that there is no shortage of people saying it as it is:
http://www.latimes.com/opinion/topoftheticket/la-na-tt-huckabee-sanders-20171031-story.html

The calm with which she lies raises questions about her mental health (I refuse to believe that anybody with an I.Q over 65 can believe the things she says, and she's not that stupid).
Another of those righteous christians who claim to only speak the truth. How they can look at themselves in the mirror is a miracle.

Nogbadthebad

$4000 per family of 4 gained.
The news reports $1600 gained.

Now if one family member of those 4 get sick. You might gain at the expense of someone else's family member dying. Keep your $4k or your $1600. I'd rather look my neighbor in the eye.
I truly hate these bastards.

That is not even the reality.

Here is the trick they are pulling.

Imagine 10 people in a row. Each person has one apple. You take the apple off 9 people, and give the 10th person 50 apples.

You could say that the average gain was 4 apples, but it would not really tell the story. Which is what they are doing by exploiting the mean average statistic, the mode would be far more interesting.

Raulduke

Imagine that former Twitter employee's next interview.

So tell us a bit about yourself.
Well I'm the guy who suspended Trumps twitter account.
What a hero! So when can you start?

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
It's so moronic. His dumb argument would apply to light produced by renewable sources too.
Are Suggesting that it might be possible to use solar power in Africa rather than mine coal in the USA and ship it half way round the world to burn in yet to be built power stations...

Hummm I think your missing the point - hows your plan going to achieve whats really important and get trump re-elected MAGA...

Oscie

When his Twitter account was first deleted I thought it was the one advisor with a brain cell convincing him that Tweeting whimsical shite about an investigation whilst you're President and being investigated, wasn't a good idea.

Seriously, why haven't his lawyers demanded he stop Tweeting? I've zero legal training but if my boss was being investigated by someone as thorough and fastidious as Mueller appears to be then: "Stop chatting shit in public" would be the first thing I'd advise. Evidence that Trump is surrounded by people happy to be paid to tell him what he wants to hear. It's not surprising. He's largely in this situation because his advisors anticipated the firing Comey to be a brilliant tactical move. Clearly the President hasn't surrounded himself with the best and the brightest. Never ideal but when the President himself is a fecking moron, it's catastrophic.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I think this guy was one of the security controls, who apparently decided to be a wum on his final day at work.
From reading the tweet I’d also assume he was an outsourced support rep, little twitter can do in such circumstances. They’re hardly going to vet each tweet

Santos J

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
Nah not a chance. They're the morons who gave us the dorito, they've chosen to listen to the propaganda for a long time. Fox viewers etc. know what fox is doing to them, they chose to have it done to them, no sympathy.

My sympathy will be with whoever they'll be blaming come 2025.
I'm with you on this one. I've been told here that I lack empathy but I really can't find any for people who actually choose to screw themselves over by listening to politicians about what's best for their own lives.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
That Pocahontas "nickname" is absolutely disgusting, even by his standards, how that didn't cost him in the campaign stage is beyond me.

I know there's a long long long (long) list of things that should have cost him and didn't, but still.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Courting Bernie supporters, why?
I am certain the polling data shows that the Bernie supporters felt most strongly about corruption and establishment politics and there was enough overlap to make it worth his while to try and get them to shift over to him instead of Hillary.

Now if this was Nov 3 2016, it would make more sense for him to be essentially lobbying for their support. But a year later, with his whole team under investigation, it all just looks desperate to re-litigate the election. I can't imagine there's many diehard Bernie supporters who would still see him as someone who fits in with their ideals.

Still, that's his brand to attack an easy target and he currently doesn't have any obvious ones like Hillary so he and his surrogates are focusing on her to distract from the Russia investigation, which is only going to continue to get worse.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Sure, but why again now? Is he looking for other support because he fears his numbers are dwindling?
Pure distraction.

Plus someone else has finally come out with his talking point about Hillary being crooked so he's validated.

And there are enough people in America that aren't his supporters that don't like or trust Hillary so they're there to be courted and would listen to the distraction.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Sure, but why again now? Is he looking for other support because he fears his numbers are dwindling?
More about keeping the Democrat split raw. Not always about getting voters over to him, just get them to stay at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.