The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Blatant lie surely. It would not influence the military in the slightest I imagine.

So based on them making that claim a few hours ago, the military spent the last 2 days attacking them harder?

He doesn't even know how time works.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
"Nothing really matters, anyone can see.. nothing really matters.. but meeeeeeee"

President Donald Trump addressed the state of the State Department, which has numerous unfilled positions some see as critical, during an interview with Fox News host Laura Ingraham on Thursday night.

"So we don't need all the people that they want," Trump said. "Don't forget, I'm a businessperson and I tell my people, 'Where you don't need to fill slots don't fill them.' But we have some people that I'm not happy with there."

In June, the State Department was reportedly performing an internal review that could have seen a 30% budget cut and eliminate 2,300 jobs. Foreign-policy experts at the time decried the move, saying it could drastically set back US foreign-policy efforts in volatile regions of the world.

"The one that matters is me," Trump continued Thursday night. "I'm the only one that matters because when it comes to it, that's what the policy is going to be. You've seen that, you've seen it strongly."

"It's called cost saving," Trump said. "I want my vision, but my vision is my vision anyway. It's called cost saving. There's nothing wrong with cost saving."

Despite the unfilled positions, Trump suggested that Secretary of State Rex Tillerson was giving his best effort on matters of foreign policy.

"Rex is in there working hard," Trump said. "He's doing his best."

http://www.businessinsider.com/trum...that-matters-2017-11/?international=true&IR=T

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
There is no way he came up with that word on his own. His grammar and grasp of the English language is worse than a 5 year old.
He probably heard someone use it to describe his reaction when his twitter account got suspended.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Sure, but why again now? Is he looking for other support because he fears his numbers are dwindling?
It wont work. I am a fan of Bernie. And I hate Hillary. But I hate Trump even more. There is no way he can win over the Bernie fans. A majority of his followers are in the 20-40 range and I would like to think we are smart enough to not support this piece of shit and not fall for his antics.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What's with the random capitalizations? is "The Degenerate Animal" his nickname now? I don't see it catching on tbh
It's the words he has to spellcheck, he copy pastes the correct spelling in and doesn't fix the capitals.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
It wont work. I am a fan of Bernie. And I hate Hillary. But I hate Trump even more. There is no way he can win over the Bernie fans. A majority of his followers are in the 20-40 range and I would like to think we are smart enough to not support this piece of shit and not fall for his antics.
It's like the polar opposites of morals, ethics, ideals and thoughts. Of course it wont work. Trump is just so arrogant and stupid that he thinks everyone is thick. He's the ultimate cnut.

MTF

It's like the polar opposites of morals, ethics, ideals and thoughts. Of course it wont work. Trump is just so arrogant and stupid that he thinks everyone is thick. He's the ultimate cnut.
Oh, but it worked on some last year, even here....

langster

Scout
Oh, but it worked on some last year, even here....
And I can't explain that, I can't understand how people could vote for someone who is the complete opposite of what they actually believe in. They must just have no conscience or firm beliefs or just be so bitter and angry that they could cut their nose off to spite their faces.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
And I can't explain that, I can't understand how people could vote for someone who is the complete opposite of what they actually believe in. They must just have no conscience or firm beliefs or just be so bitter and angry that they could cut their nose off to spite their faces.
Because they supported Bernie for selfish reasons. It's as simple as that.

When Bernie says "I'm going to rob the rich to pay the poor" they weren't thinking "wow how brilliant is that for the poor?!" they were thinking "wow, I'm poor! How great is that for me?!"

So when Trump said "I'm going to cut so many taxes and I'm going to cut regulations and bring back jobs and fix Obamacare" they weren't thinking "Great, the poor won't have to pay taxes and they will get jobs and better healthcare!" they were thinking "Great, I won't have to pay as much taxes AND I'll get a job and I'll get great healthcare! MEEEEE, MEEEEE, MEEEEEEEEEEE"

langster

Scout

When Bernie says "I'm going to rob the rich to pay the poor" they weren't thinking "wow how brilliant is that for the poor?!" they were thinking "wow, I'm poor! How great is that for me?!"

So when Trump said "I'm going to cut so many taxes and I'm going to cut regulations and bring back jobs and fix Obamacare" they weren't thinking "Great, the poor won't have to pay taxes and they will get jobs and better healthcare!" they were thinking "Great, I won't have to pay as much taxes AND I'll get a job and I'll get great healthcare! MEEEEE, MEEEEE, MEEEEEEEEEEE"
Exactly, the complete opposite of what Bernie stands for and those with no real convictions in what they stand for and no real claim to be a true progressive/liberal/caring human being.

MTF

Which I agree was often the case.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Given this piece of shit got elected because people fell for his antics I think you've got a far too optimistic view of people and their intelligence.

RDCR07

Given this piece of shit got elected because people fell for his antics I think you've got a far too optimistic view of people and their intelligence.
I was talking about the Bernie supporters not falling for his antics and not the fecking rednecks living in the middle of the country who only care about what the skin color of the person they are voting for is.

RDCR07

That Pocahontas "nickname" is absolutely disgusting, even by his standards, how that didn't cost him in the campaign stage is beyond me.

I know there's a long long long (long) list of things that should have cost him and didn't, but still.
I think that were things he did literally every week where I was going this is definitely going to cost him the election and it just fecking didnt. It was so infuriating.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I was talking about the Bernie supporters not falling for his antics and not the fecking rednecks living in the middle of the country who only care about what the skin color of the person they are voting for is.
Again, I believe a lot of Bernie supporters aren't as clever as you think they are.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea

Let's cut through the 'selfishness' bullshit right now. People vote for politicians that are going to improve their lives. The old saying 'all politics is local' has always been accurate, people vote for things that will make their lives better. That's not selfishness, thats basically the entire point of politics. Sure, occasionally you might vote for some visionary candidate, but for the most part you vote for things you want and things you think will improve your life and your families life.

People supported Bernie because he was a decent guy but primarily because he proposed things that people actually wanted. People voted for Trump for the same reasons (despite the obvious deception in Trump's case) and sure there was some crossover, but its too much of stretch to talk aout MEEEEE, MEEEEE, MEEEEE as if most of us are voting on pure and moral grounds.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
There were lot of common themes between Bernie and Trump campaigns from a economic point of view (setting aside the obvious liberal/conservative in religion/moral/ethics)....both were "pro-people". Both wanted better infrastructure, changes in medicare, better infrastructure, curtail the influence of big corporations and against "rich getting richer" etc. Both admitted that American people are angry at grass roots (other than NY & California) and Trump's raw style made him connect to the anger. Bernie's campaign had a lot of ideas, Trump promised action. Simple as.

The default assumption is that all Trump supporters are inbred rednecks, which could not be further from the truth. People not in NY and California were not happy with immigration, obamacare and Clinton came across as a party hack hand in glove with the rich people...just the kind of person they detest enough to overlook Trump's own black marks.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Agree, I wouldn't say selfish. That is the attitude that makes people disillusioned with voting and they feel like they don't have a voice at all. But I would say any Bernie fan who voted for Trump instead of Hillary was, at the very least, fooling themselves with visions of drained swamps. I'd hope they've seen the light now. A Clinton presidency surely was a better option for them.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
There were lot of common themes between Bernie and Trump campaigns from a economic point of view (setting aside the obvious liberal/conservative in religion/moral/ethics)....both were "pro-people". Both wanted better infrastructure, changes in medicare, better infrastructure, curtail the influence of big corporations and against "rich getting richer" etc. Both admitted that American people are angry at grass roots (other than NY & California) and Trump's raw style made him connect to the anger. Bernie's campaign had a lot of ideas, Trump promised action. Simple as.

The default assumption is that all Trump supporters are inbred rednecks, which could not be further from the truth. People not in NY and California were not happy with immigration, obamacare and Clinton came across as a party hack hand in glove with the rich people...just the kind of person they detest enough to overlook Trump's own black marks.
In fairness a a citizen of NY State there are a lot of redneck types here who support a Trump. Got relatives in the Southern Tier who would fit in just fine in any redneck part of the country.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
In fairness a a citizen of NY State there are a lot of redneck types here who support a Trump. Got relatives in the Southern Tier who would fit in just fine in any redneck part of the country.
Ofc there are. I was just against the against the generalising that all Trump voters are rednecks. I feel that there is a common theme that anyone not liberal is a redneck.

MTF

I always remember that he "won" in Staten Island. Which is why I don't go there anymore (not that I'd gone more than fleet week once to see some Aegis Destroyers).

Status
Not open for further replies.