The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I'm still baffled about a US president taking his personals beefs to Twitter. When did this become normal? It's childish and it's embarrassing that the world's most powerful individual is allowed to represent himself that way.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I'm still baffled about a US president taking his personals beefs to Twitter. When did this become normal? It's childish and it's embarrassing that the world's most powerful individual is allowed to represent himself that way.
And Asia.

Boycott

It hasn't become normal. He's the second POTUS in the twitter age - Obama before him was a lot more circumspect. Obama's tweets were managed by others and had to be authorized whereas Trump admits he fires most of his on the whim. I guess there are staffers who take care of official statements as Trump would likely link to the Fox News article about it rather than the actual White House website.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
The default assumption is that all Trump supporters are inbred rednecks, which could not be further from the truth. People not in NY and California were not happy with immigration, obamacare and Clinton came across as a party hack hand in glove with the rich people...just the kind of person they detest enough to overlook Trump's own black marks.
Ofc there are. I was just against the against the generalising that all Trump voters are rednecks. I feel that there is a common theme that anyone not liberal is a redneck.
Where did I say all Trump supporters are rednecks?

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
The default assumption is that all Trump supporters are inbred rednecks, which could not be further from the truth. People not in NY and California were not happy with immigration, obamacare and Clinton came across as a party hack hand in glove with the rich people...just the kind of person they detest enough to overlook Trump's own black marks.
I don't believe for a second all Trump supporters are inbred rednecks. There are probably more inbred rednecks than people realise when saying that not all of them are rednecks though.

There were/are legitimate grievances that people have and quite rightly believe Clinton wouldn't fix but honestly if all of them could've just protested and not voted at all instead of voting for Trump they'd have gotten their point across.

Even for inbred, redneck, white supremacist, nazi-chanting, tiki torch holding, low IQ, low qualified, low skilled people voting for Trump was a stupid move.

It's been obvious for his entire life that he's only interested in himself (and his daughter) so how anyone could possibly think he'd care about, represent or solve their problems is beyond reproach in terms of stupidity and feckless behaviour.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
There were lot of common themes between Bernie and Trump campaigns from a economic point of view (setting aside the obvious liberal/conservative in religion/moral/ethics)....both were "pro-people". Both wanted better infrastructure, changes in medicare, better infrastructure, curtail the influence of big corporations and against "rich getting richer" etc. Both admitted that American people are angry at grass roots (other than NY & California) and Trump's raw style made him connect to the anger. Bernie's campaign had a lot of ideas, Trump promised action. Simple as.
Except for the fact that one actually knew what it took to run a government and one didnt. Except one didnt have the slightly clue on healthcare and the other did. Except that one was a bigot, racist, sexist, sexual predator and the other wasnt. Except that one was a liar and a bullshitter and the other wasnt. So basically the only similarity between the two was that they were both white.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
One that I posted has nothing to do with politics specifically but looks at how the term 'evangelical' is misused. I'm a Protestant christian who goes to a Missouri Synod Lutheran Church but nobody in my church supports Trump.
I'm not saying that they do...I knew you go to church so I was wondering if you had any opinions about Catholics/Evangelicals working together and now maybe splitting. Especially since the article is written by a Catholic, and she will have her own biases.

fishfingers15

I'm not saying that they do...I knew you go to church so I was wondering if you had any opinions about Catholics/Evangelicals working together and now maybe splitting. Especially since the article is written by a Catholic, and she will have her own biases.
Maybe I've got this backward, but Catholic faith is a denomination within Christianity. Evangelical is not. I'm just not sure who all belong to this 'evangelical'. My experience with going to many traditional churches such as Lutheran and Methodist demonination across states is that Liberal state churches are anti-Trump and red state churches are pro Trump. New Age churches such as AG churches are mostly Pro Trump still.

Christians who are Pro trump have made their bed. Nothing is going to change their mind. They knew their vote when they voted for a pussy grabbing wanker, Russia and others are not going to change their mind.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Maybe I've got this backward, but Catholic faith is a denomination within Christianity. Evangelical is not. I'm just not sure who all belong to this 'evangelical'. My experience with going to many traditional churches such as Lutheran and Methodist demonination across states is that Liberal state churches are anti-Trump and red state churches are pro Trump. New Age churches such as AG churches are mostly Pro Trump still.

Christians who are Pro trump have made their bed. Nothing is going to change their mind. They knew their vote when they voted for a pussy grabbing wanker, Russia and others are not going to change their mind.
Evangelicals are still Christians.

fishfingers15

Evangelicals are still Christians.
I meant a demonination within Christianity. You've got Catholics and Protestants, who are further split into Lutherans, Episcopal, Anglican, Methodist etc and then you have LDS and the fringe churches, but Evangelicals is a term that is now used as a vague term. More and more Christians I know actively dissociate themselves from this term.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I meant a demonination within Christianity. You've got Catholics and Protestants, who are further split into Lutherans, Episcopal, Anglican, Methodist etc and then you have LDS and the fringe churches, but Evangelicals is a term that is now used as a vague term. More and more Christians I know actively dissociate themselves from this term.
Ah I get what you mean, fair enough.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Americans oppose Donald Trump’s emerging tax planby broad a 17-point margin, with 60 percent saying it favors the wealthy -– including six in 10 of the wealthy themselves.

As details –- albeit still scarce -– have emerged, support and opposition have grown essentially in tandem. Fifty percent in this ABC News/Washington Post poll oppose the plan, up 6 percentage points from September; 33 percent support it, up 5 points. The rest, 17 percent, are undecided.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Americans oppose Donald Trump’s emerging tax planby broad a 17-point margin, with 60 percent saying it favors the wealthy -– including six in 10 of the wealthy themselves.

As details –- albeit still scarce -– have emerged, support and opposition have grown essentially in tandem. Fifty percent in this ABC News/Washington Post poll oppose the plan, up 6 percentage points from September; 33 percent support it, up 5 points. The rest, 17 percent, are undecided.
Would like to know how many people voted for Trump and now they don't agree with his tax plan.
We already know he was never in favour of the poor, despite his claims.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Would like to know how many people voted for Trump and now they don't agree with his tax plan.
We already know he was never in favour of the poor, despite his claims.
Not many. It is well supported by Republican voters by looks of it. They'll come around at tax filing season once they compare taxes from previous years and wonder where their $4,000 is.

Sarah Sanders: "Oh, you thought we said $4,000? What Trump's plan said was Hussein Obama, uranium, Clinton, Washington elites, clean coal, 6 star general Kelly"

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Not many. It is well supported by Republican voters by looks of it. They'll come around at tax filing season once they compare taxes from previous years and wonder where their $4,000 is.

Sarah Sanders: "Oh, you thought we said $4,000? What Trump's plan said was Hussein Obama, uranium, Clinton, Washington elites, clean coal, 6 star general Kelly"
Yeah, always blame on the others :D

Status
Not open for further replies.