The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stactix

I have replied to the same points because people have replied to my posts. Ill move on from Nancy now.
Did you not see the tweet of Trump downplaying the Virus in the middle of March a month after Nancy visited China Town ( Before any social distancing restrictions were in affect anywhere in the Country) It's been quoted to you twice yer you've ignored it.. I wonder why.
Oh by the way, Trump was still holding rallies around that time.. bit hypocritical no?

He was still holding rallies after Nancy visited Chinatown.. I just can't even... feckinghell Cultlike.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Been a while since there’s been a proper idiot in this thread. I thought they all went into hiding but there we go. Not calling any names of course, but the whataboutism, the imaginary false equivalences to those damn liberals and feminists, and all that good stuff, it’s been missing for a while.
It's like they work their way through a checklist. Which probably isn't too far from the truth either, since they view the world mostly through the lens of Trump tweets.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The same look a bunch of feminists have outside an abortion clinic in support of there friend Janis who has come to have her 3rd abortion which has just be closed by Trump, each side has its nutters.
The heck is wrong with you? You're a wum aren't ya?

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Also, for those saying the WHO are somehow as culpable as Trump this is a good breakdown of the sequence of events (https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...at-who-said-coronavirus-was-not-communicable/)

Basically, they followed the data and had conferences on a daily basis. This went from China saying no evidence of human-to-human, to 'limited' human-to-human to yep, it's human-to-human, over the course of about 10 days.

Worth noting when the WHO did their first statement on the data the Chinese had shared (ahem) there were only 7 known cases. So things changed, basically.

Also, China have been pretty diabolical here. There was a doctor trying to tell the world about this in December, who was subsequently arrested for lying - oh and then the guy died of Coronavirus. I know it's not shocking, but it as per others on this thread, China and Trump both deserve a lot of criticism.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
@SAred a simple hypothetical for you to consider;

If Hillary, or Obama, or Pelosi, or Biden, or basically anyone else was President at this point, and had carried out identical actions to what Trump has done, would you be defending them as having done a good job? And do you think Trump - sitting on the sidelines - would be congratulatory and tweeting "job well done" messages to them?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
And yet people respond to my posts cant be that poorly written I just believe I thrown a spanner in your works and you don''t like it. Anyway do what you want wife is complaining Im spending to much time on this page anyway.
SA, if you can read this, I just want you to know that nobody thinks of you as a maverick. You're not a revolutionary icon. You're not nearly as smart as I think you are, and I'd put shoelaces a few tiers of intelligence above you.

Just, you know, taking time out of my busy schedule to let you know that in the same way that I clean the guinea pigs hutches out. I'm not doing it because I love sawdust and want to be near it, I'm just doing it because I feel the need to clear out all the shite.

Cloud7

It's like they work their way through a checklist. Which probably isn't too far from the truth either, since they view the world mostly through the lens of Trump tweets.
Generally I’ve found that these right wing types are the most homogenous people you can encounter in modern society. They all think exactly the same and dislike the same things.

Dr. StrangeHate

Also, for those saying the WHO are somehow as culpable as Trump this is a good breakdown of the sequence of events (https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...at-who-said-coronavirus-was-not-communicable/)

Basically, they followed the data and had conferences on a daily basis. This went from China saying no evidence of human-to-human, to 'limited' human-to-human to yep, it's human-to-human, over the course of about 10 days.

Worth noting when the WHO did their first statement on the data the Chinese had shared (ahem) there were only 7 known cases. So things changed, basically.

Also, China have been pretty diabolical here. There was a doctor trying to tell the world about this in December, who was subsequently arrested for lying - oh and then the guy died of Coronavirus. I know it's not shocking, but it as per others on this thread, China and Trump both deserve a lot of criticism.
Unfortunately too late for WHO now. All republicans will always blame them and like it or not if they campaign against funding them they will win as they usually do especially if they win congress in November. That tweet of them saying no human to human transmission has been shared in my circles many times even though my circle is fairly left wing.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
SA, if you can read this, I just want you to know that nobody thinks of you as a maverick. You're not a revolutionary icon. You're not nearly as smart as I think you are, and I'd put shoelaces a few tiers of intelligence above you.

Just, you know, taking time out of my busy schedule to let you know that in the same way that I clean the guinea pigs hutches out. I'm not doing it because I love sawdust and want to be near it, I'm just doing it because I feel the need to clear out all the shite.
Fooking Arsenal supporters.
Aah you could have waited until I completed my bingo card :rolleyes:
:lol: :lol:

Ahaaa! Thanks guys! I needed a chuckle today. As usual, you lot don't disappoint.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
He's been dropped from the CE Forum for wumming so no use tagging him.
He certainly didnt seem the sharpest tool in the shed, but this place is such an echo chamber that I can see how it would be difficult to express any sort of unpopular viewpoint - you would instantly get overwhelmed by the sheer volume of people jumping on your back for an argument, and trying to score points by mocking you.

Precaution

@SAred a simple hypothetical for you to consider;

If Hillary, or Obama, or Pelosi, or Biden, or basically anyone else was President at this point, and had carried out identical actions to what Trump has done, would you be defending them as having done a good job? And do you think Trump - sitting on the sidelines - would be congratulatory and tweeting "job well done" messages to them?
See, wait till Biden (if he wins the election) becomes President, you're gunna get all those right wingers who have defended Trump's sexism and gaffs over these past four years and basically condemn Biden for being a creepy sexist gaff prone pig all the while ignoring Trump's own actions, you couldn't make it up but it's going to happen.

Foxbatt

Unfortunately too late for WHO now. All republicans will always blame them and like it or not if they campaign against funding them they will win as they usually do especially if they win congress in November. That tweet of them saying no human to human transmission has been shared in my circles many times even though my circle is fairly left wing.
Yes I agree but it's selective quoting. They said according to Chinese official they have seen no evidence of human to human transfer. But within 3 days they had corrected it. It took the Chinese government 6 days to declare and I don't see it as a huge issue of 6 days since the US intelligence did inform Israel and NATO in end of November that something like this may happen out of China and it could get out of control. Not only USA but all NATO governments are responsible for this happening in those countries.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
He certainly didnt seem the sharpest tool in the shed, but this place is such an echo chamber that I can see how it would be difficult to express any sort of unpopular viewpoint - you would instantly get overwhelmed by the sheer volume of people jumping on your back for an argument, and trying to score points by mocking you.

If you're going to have a strong opinion then you need to be able to back it up. He couldn't and wasn't smart enough to even see how out of his depth he was.

Won't somebody find us a worthy Trump supporter that we can argue with?

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
I get that and I agree it must be difficult and I for one would like to have an articulate discussion with a Trump supporter or conservative with differing opinions. BUT! I don't think it's possible simply because most of Trump's actions, comments, behaviour, Tweets, law changes are indefensible. Well, morally and ethically at least.

Sadly, as you saw from SAred's replies, he had no real argument and had to constantly revert to whataboutism, conspiracies or out right lies.

Cloud7

Unpopular views are fine if they’re presented in a sensible manner, with actual logic and facts to back it up. As it so often goes, these unpopular opinions are often completely idiotic and the only thing backing them up are the thoughts and fantasies of other like minded people.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
If you're going to have a strong opinion then you need to be able to back it up. He couldn't and wasn't smart enough to even see how out of his depth he was.

I get that and I agree it must be difficult and I for one would like to have an articulate discussion with a Trump supporter or conservative with differing opinions. BUT! I don't think it's possible simply because most of Trump's actions, comments, behaviour, Tweets, law changes are indefensible. Well, morally and ethically at least.

Sadly, as you saw from SAred's replies, he had no real argument and had to constantly revert to whataboutism, conspiracies or out right lies.
Im inclined to agree, and if I ever find an articulate Trump supporter then I will relish the opportunity. My dad is a massive Tory fanboy and Leave voter and even he draws the line at Trump :lol:

Thing is, I read some of these heated discussions and see things like whataboutism on both sides - its just that when you have a few dozen people picking apart every single post someone makes, these things quickly get highlighted and used as further ammunition against that person.

Anyway, im hardly going to mourn the loss of SAred from the topic - but I do often think on these threads that sometimes the herd mentality needs to be checked a bit, and things looked at in a more objective sense. This is all somewhat off topic, so ill say no more on the matter.

Precaution

Every Trumper employs the same baseless empty responses, i highly doubt you'll get anywhere with a Trump supporter because they'll quickly revert to a bunch of soundbites that have no relevance to the topic.

For instance i guess, my mother is a Trump voter/fan, she has never read the NY Times in her life, whilst having a political talk she literally reeled a bunch of whataboutisms and Hillary to me and that you cant trust the NY times, its a failing newspaper(?) and then (at the time a popular subject) chain migration without the realising the irony being she herself sponsored my green card (then subsequent citizenship) via exactly that... chain migration.

I suppose she probably just jumped on Trumps latest soundbite and went with it without truly realising what it actually was, or maybe she was being racist because i happen to be white and that's okay but it's all the damn mexicans that shouldnt be entitled to the same benefits as i am.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That didn’t take long.
I think blame lies with the poster that couldn't form a coherent arguement, and just opted for whataboutisms. It's been said a million times, different perspectives are welcome...

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I think I mentioned in the other (elections) thread, but I have literally one Republican friend left, about half my friends in college were GOP-leaning. (they're still my friends, but abandoned the GOP)

His argument is purely self-interest. Life is hard, and he's a white, middle-class guy from Iowa so Trump's policies give him (more) of an institutional advantage, and tha'ts all he looks for in his voting. As I said there, at least he's honest!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I think blame lies with the poster that couldn't form a coherent arguement, and just opted for whataboutisms. It's been said a million times, different perspectives are welcome...
Yep, the best job we’ve seen so far of arguing in support of Trump was the guy who hates him but argued the opposite positions for the purpose of a healthy debate.

I always forget who that was. @langster will probably remember.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
He said more on the ball than Trump - which, to be fair, is not difficult.
Trump is a republican president elected for many reasons and has made terrible decisions all over. Talking about a guy who has said all sorts of stuff.

Is this the bar WHO is holding themselves to? Again, how has the damn world health organization been significantly more on the ball. Id like to know

GiddyUp

The same look a bunch of feminists have outside an abortion clinic in support of there friend Janis who has come to have her 3rd abortion which has just be closed by Trump, each side has its nutters.
If you have any kids I feel sorry for them.

GiddyUp

Stop with the insults Peter your hurting my feelings you don't have to reply to my posts but I think you like to. Trash talk and yet you just insulted my dead mother wow lovely.
Was your mother's name Janis by any chance?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
In retrospect, I should’ve pretended to be a Republican when I started frequenting the CE just to provide some variety. I’m uniquely equipped to play one because I’m surrounded by Trumpers.

But now that’d require everyone forgetting who I am, which would take at least like...5 minutes.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Guys, SA has been banned from the thread so I'll take his place.

If you have any kids I feel sorry for them.
Oh resorting to personal insults how approprite your allowed to insult me in such a deeply offensive way but I'm not allowed to point out the hypocrissy of bitch boy Poloso and Joel Bidet walking around CHINAtown (clue is in the name) when china virus is invading their country.

Was your mother's name Janis by any chance?
mother insult directed at my again please @dalirn @jimmyniall are you just going to allow this to happen you motherfecking bitch boy cnuts

GiddyUp

Guys, SA has been banned from the thread so I'll take his place.

Oh resorting to personal insults how approprite your allowed to insult me in such a deeply offensive way but I'm not allowed to point out the hypocrissy of bitch boy Poloso and Joel Bidet walking around CHINAtown (clue is in the name) when china virus is invading their country.

mother insult directed at my again please @dalirn @jimmyniall are you just going to allow this to happen you motherfecking bitch boy cnuts
Haha, you've done work if global importance.
I'm never proud of personal insults but I thoroughly enjoyed posting them after reading about the feminists.
There are a lot of posters that give this administration credit the rare time they do something half decent, that should be enough. There is taking sides on important issues but the last few pages have just been fecking ridiculous.
Glad we can leave it there until the next feckwit wanders in.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Haha, you've done work if global importance.
I'm never proud of personal insults but I thoroughly enjoyed posting them after reading about the feminists.
There are a lot of posters that give this administration credit the rare time they do something half decent, that should be enough. There is taking sides on important issues but the last few pages have just been fecking ridiculous.
Glad we can leave it there until the next feckwit wanders in.
They'll be here before you know it as well.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I think I mentioned in the other (elections) thread, but I have literally one Republican friend left, about half my friends in college were GOP-leaning. (they're still my friends, but abandoned the GOP)

His argument is purely self-interest. Life is hard, and he's a white, middle-class guy from Iowa so Trump's policies give him (more) of an institutional advantage, and tha'ts all he looks for in his voting. As I said there, at least he's honest!
I’ve got a friend here that thinks similarly and yes he’s white. He really thinks the economy is good and because he has a job he thinks everything is working fine under Trump.

This was also mentioned before COVID so I don’t know how he is now. Also I’ve only seen him once in the past year so we’re probably not really friends anymore but acquaintances instead.

Foxbatt

Trump is a republican president elected for many reasons and has made terrible decisions all over. Talking about a guy who has said all sorts of stuff.

Is this the bar WHO is holding themselves to? Again, how has the damn world health organization been significantly more on the ball. Id like to know
Because they did inform all the countries as soon as they had the information which was middle of January. Three days before they said according to Chinese information there is no evidence that this transfer from human to human but they also advised caution. Three days later they updated that it does transfer from human to human.
By the way WHO cannot go into any country without the invitation of the host country. They did have American experts in the team that went to China. The US intelligence warned NATO and Israel that this pandemic may happen but everyone ignored it.
WHO did send information of the virus to everyone in early January and then designed a test kit which everyone apart from the US accepted and start testing. I think it was designed in Germany. The US wanted their own and it failed and these was a bigger delay.
Now because everyone or certainly NATO countries are culpable they are trying to shift the blame to China.
Yes they messed up too but in the end other countries messed up more is why there are so many deaths.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Trump now ramping up the crazy with a series of calls to arms:

This is, assuredly, the stupidest timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.