The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Yeah, most of that crowd talks a big talk. They usually claim to be fully prepared for any action required and are hard as nails, etc. But as is always noted, they would't last long against the military or even well equipped LE, even a few operators in an APC would take them out. They're a rag tag bunch of fatties and wimps who haven't even drilled together, how they going to do anything other than die is beyond me.
It's the madness of the whole "right to bear arms" if you take it from the purpose of defending your lands against tyrants. I'm not sure the Founding Fathers envisioned a time when a militia's muskets were vastly inferior to the enemies muskets.

"Grab your rifles, boys, it's time to eradicate these evil invaders!"

*Fighter jet flies over* *Missile explodes*

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It's the madness of the whole "right to bear arms" if you take it from the purpose of defending your lands against tyrants. I'm not sure the Founding Fathers envisioned a time when a militia's muskets were vastly inferior to the enemies muskets.

"Grab your rifles, boys, it's time to eradicate these evil invaders!"

*Fighter jet flies over* *Missile explodes*
I'd take that argument one step further. It's the madness of having a 250 year old constitution and elevating some dudes from back then to the level of omniscient half-gods.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Trump now ramping up the crazy with a series of calls to arms:

This is, assuredly, the stupidest timeline
How can anyone defend this?
Whats the difference between him and Bill Mitchell for example?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Any chance of independence movements becoming a thing in states like NY, who must feel utterly abandoned by their federal goverment?

RedTiger

Half mast
Any chance of independence movements becoming a thing in states like NY, who must feel utterly abandoned by their federal goverment?
Perhaps. History has shown that very large political entities always end up having disillusioned sections that feel overused and under-appreciated.

Personally I think that the states in the west (California, Oregon and Washington) would be more likely to want to secede from the Union due to their distance from the federal levers of power and their uneven tax contributions.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Perhaps. History has shown that very large political entities always end up having disillusioned sections that feel overused and under-appreciated.

Personally I think that the states in the west (California, Oregon and Washington) would be more likely to want to secede from the Union due to their distance from the federal levers of power and their uneven tax contributions.
It would instantly become one of the world’s largest economies. But the US isn’t giving up access to the Pacific, so they’d have to give up Seattle or San Diego.

There are a variety of other reasons it can’t happen, but hey it’s a fun thought experiment.

Stactix

Trump never manages to stop himself digging deeper and deeper holes.. the barometer just gets lower and lower.
I'm kinda sad we won't get to see SAreds opinion on this, probably something about Chinatown and feminists.

Dr. StrangeHate

Trump never manages to stop himself digging deeper and deeper holes.. the barometer just gets lower and lower.
I'm kinda sad we won't get to see SAreds opinion on this, probably something about Chinatown and feminists.
Can we have a thread in the CE called opposition view and allow all trump supporters to chime in.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Trump now ramping up the crazy with a series of calls to arms:

This is, assuredly, the stupidest timeline
Apparently reported to Twitter under new Covid 19 policy. Not clear enough for them...

According to a Twitter spokesperson, the president’s tweets do not currently violate Twitter’s rules. Twitter does not consider the tweets as worded a “clear call to action” that could pose a health risk

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Apparently reported to Twitter under new Covid 19 policy. Not clear enough for them...

According to a Twitter spokesperson, the president’s tweets do not currently violate Twitter’s rules. Twitter does not consider the tweets as worded a “clear call to action” that could pose a health risk
Give him a week, he is going off his trolley.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Random secessionist nutters or an actual political movement supported by the in state powers that be?
I don't mean the random idiots who are present everywhere. I was thinking about a (somewhat) credible movement, that may get a bump from Trump seemingly turning the federal goverment's back on them. Though thinking a little bit more about it I guess those are usually rooted in past independence and the US states don't really have that to the extend of say Scotland or Catalonia?!

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Every time I see Mike Pence, I can't help but imagine he's struggling to stop thinking about dicks.

No matter the situation, he just always has a facial expression suggesting he's really struggling with intrusive thoughts, about dicks.

Dr. StrangeHate

I am guessing this is going to be his spin to bring Biden down along with Obama. I hate Trump but this is brilliant. Whoever thought of that one has to be the successor of M. Night Shyamalan.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52319956

Trump targets grant to Wuhan lab
A conservative reporter asks why the Obama administration gave a $3.7m grant to the Wuhan Institute of Virology, where unnamed US officials have speculated in US media that the coronavirus may have leaked.
"Why would the US have a grant like that to China?" asks the One America News Network journalist.
Trump says: "We will end that grant very quickly."
"Who was president then, I wonder?" says Trump, noting the grant was made in 2015.
The Washington Post reported this week that US diplomats were concerned about safety protocols at the Wuhan lab and asked for more help.
The French president said today there was no evidence for the Wuhan lab coronavirus origin theory.

Carolina Red

Staff
I don't mean the random idiots who are present everywhere. I was thinking about a (somewhat) credible movement, that may get a bump from Trump seemingly turning the federal goverment's back on them. Though thinking a little bit more about it I guess those are usually rooted in past independence and the US states don't really have that to the extend of say Scotland or Catalonia?!
That and the last time we tried similar it didn’t turn out well and was declared for posterity to be unconstitutional. States do not have the right to secede.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Yep, the best job we’ve seen so far of arguing in support of Trump was the guy who hates him but argued the opposite positions for the purpose of a healthy debate.

I always forget who that was. @langster will probably remember.
@Fener1907

Jericholyte2

I always hate the way people call those who work for OAN as journalists without the appropriate use of quotation marks.

These people are not journalists they are propagandists merely there to spout extreme right wing rhetoric and to provide Trump with softball questions. Journalists hold people to account or at least try to. Journalists try to find the truth behind stories. Journalists push people to answer tough questions they wouldn’t want to answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.