The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Precaution

The state of Trump's face.
I mean, how does he not spot the giant white patch on the side of his face? It looks like my sister when she first dabbled in make up when she was 8

Meanwhile, Kimmy is denying Trumpo's claim of a nice note

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Well it's what these people always do: push the extreme and watch the middle ground get sucked into that direction as well.
Yeah this is true and I thought of that as well after I wrote it. All it takes is a few weak folks in the center to start believing there is some truth to it all and they ll start taking a bunch more in the center with them.

Still - I do believe a lot more people how have to the time to pay attention to how looney some of these folks are. There are some things that just don't sit well with the vast majority and that's things like bringing kids to rallies like that.. Guns to try and rationalize a point by clearly using intimidation (even many gun owners would not agree with that), and of course showing political symbols like Trump gear and Nazi flags doesn't help support the idea you are there for the people as a whole. I remember we used to all be Americans - with yes still vast differences but Presidents used to generally (at least pretend to) care about all whether red or blue or something else. The "us" vs them mentality is what defined America. Now it's us vs them within our own borders and everyone surrounding this President is at fault for that.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Yeah this is true and I thought of that as well after I wrote it. All it takes is a few weak folks in the center to start believing there is some truth to it all and they ll start taking a bunch more in the center with them.

Still - I do believe a lot more people how have to the time to pay attention to how looney some of these folks are. There are some things that just don't sit well with the vast majority and that's things like bringing kids to rallies like that.. Guns to try and rationalize a point by clearly using intimidation (even many gun owners would not agree with that), and of course showing political symbols like Trump gear and Nazi flags doesn't help support the idea you are there for the people as a whole. I remember we used to all be Americans - with yes still vast differences but Presidents used to generally (at least pretend to) care about all whether red or blue or something else. The "us" vs them mentality is what defined America. Now it's us vs them within our own borders and everyone surrounding this President is at fault for that.
Like you hint at, that was all a facade and I'm glad for the silver lining that is Trump exposing the fractures that have been existent for decades, which politicians papered over with bullshit rhetoric about how "we're much greater than this". Bitch please

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Imagine having this clear an example of why scientists know more than politicians about stuff like viruses and still choosing to believe your proven liar of a leader? What a fecked up country.

And the exact same applies to the mast burning lunatics in the UK. I was naive enough to hope that this crisis would act as a warning sign for the bigger danger of global warming but the revenge of the idiot is going to ruin the planet as they're too paranoid and bloody-minded to see sense.

We're all fecked.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
So when a second spike hits, what happens then? Will the Trumpers be like "oh well, they were old" oh wait no they won't, they'll be dead due to being morons taking down the people who did follow guidelines along with them.
They'll say it proves that self isolating doesn't work and that it was a waste of time to begin with. Because they're absolute morons.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
They'll say it proves that self isolating doesn't work and that it was a waste of time to begin with. Because they're absolute morons.
When everything calms down because 90 % of people adhered to social distancing guidelines, the 10 % who didn't will say it didn't work anyway.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

I don't think it will play out like that, this isn't just some random "xxx is communism" dynamic. A lot of people get that these measures are necessary, but I don't think anyone actually enjoys them and given the US's relative lack of a safety net, my guess is that lots of people will be quite desperate to get back to work, even if they understand the threat of the virus. These "protests" have gotten (inter-)national media coverage, they have become the central anti shutdown movement and more and more people will show up there once they have been sufficiently primed by Trump, Fox and financial pressures that they feel the need to take action.

For example in Berlin the police shut down a disorderly protest that had been a weekly occurrence for a month now and united a growing number of people from far left to far right (iirc around 250 this time) and not all of them drooling mouth breathers. Some protesting for "no more dictatorship, fascism and war", some having more moderate objections to the way emergency measures affect basic rights, some of the "it's just four thousand dead people" variation, the obligatory "vaccination terrorists" banner and I also saw picture of a guy with a maga hat.

Last edited:

Foxbatt

I mean, how does he not spot the giant white patch on the side of his face? It looks like my sister when she first dabbled in make up when she was 8

Meanwhile, Kimmy is denying Trumpo's claim of a nice note

Yes and have told Trump not to use N.Korea for his own propaganda. It's funny how now N. Korea is accusing the President of the USA for using Kim for his election campaign.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Why is fecking Trump so hung up on the nice things that people are saying about him?? Cherrrypicking Gov. Cuomo's comments just smacks of desperation.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Why is fecking Trump so hung up on the nice things that people are saying about him?? Cherrrypicking Gov. Cuomo's comments just smacks of desperation.
Because he is a sociopath.

He has an inherent need and want to be liked because his daddy didn't love him.

He's a seriously fecked up individual and baffles me that he was ever allowed to be made president.

RedPed

Whatabouter.

He's a seriously fecked up individual and baffles me that he was ever allowed to be made president.
Wow, I think that had to be the worst Covid-19 briefing yet. Absolutely shocking. He was determined to play that clip of Cuomo saying he had done a 'phenomenal' job but his minions couldn't find it. :lol:

Red Stone

The word you're looking for is narcissist. I mean, he's a sociopath too, but his extreme neediness and self-obsession comes from his narcissism.

He might, as Trumpian as it sounds, be the biggest narcissist on the planet. He ticks literally all the boxes in the most bigly way possible.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Wow, I think that had to be the worst Covid-19 briefing yet. Absolutely shocking. He was determined to play that clip of Cuomo saying he had done a 'phenomenal' job but his minions couldn't find it. :lol:
What? Has Cuomo really said that Trump has done a phenomenal job?

Amarsdd

The word you're looking for is narcissist. I mean, he's a sociopath too, but his extreme neediness and self-obsession comes from his narcissism.

He might, as Trumpian as it sounds, be the biggest narcissist on the planet. He ticks literally all the boxes in the most bigly way possible.
a "cnut" describes him well as well .. a "dumb cnut" to be precise.

iKnowNothing

Lucky they weren't shot at. There is no point trying to educate these people, the only way they'll learn is when they, or their loved ones, start ending up in hospital.
.. at which point, they will conveniently find someone else to blame. They will never pause for a second and think whether they or any of their actions may have caused the issue.

They’re all too selfish and willfully ignorant to think they may have done something wrong.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I half think he is instigating these morons in the belief that these states will end up having a second wave and he can then claim that the Democrat governors did a poor job.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
"Go to China".
Do others animals have such disparity in intelligence within the same species?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
These events have been - literally - staged just so that Trump can say: "Well, lots of people want the economy reopened..." as if that were an actual mandate.

Status
Not open for further replies.