The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
I used to think he didn't know what he was saying from one day to the next but that's giving him way to much credit.

He doesn't even know what he's saying from the start of a sentence to the end - a rambling drunk or a 96 year old man with dementia in a care home has better sentence cohesion.

It's almost pointless interviewing him now because if he's wrong or lies, he just says "fake news" or waffles and every reporter let's it go because they're too scared of losing their WH accreditation.
Will he get a second term after all this? I'm guessing yes but really is it that cut and dry?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Will he get a second term after all this? I'm guessing yes but really is it that cut and dry?
I said after the impeachment business that Trump was going to outdo himself and he wouldn't last a second term if he got in again as he was going to be involved in something that not even his most blinkered could defend. I reckon that his handling of this pandemic and the sheer level of his incompetence being laid bare for all to see will be too much for some, especially when the death toll exceeds 100km which will probably be hit by 1 Jun. There's also bound to be some fallout between him and Fauci/Birx the way things are going. But there's now talk of him scaling back his input into the Covid-19 briefings.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
I said after the impeachment business that Trump was going to outdo himself and he wouldn't last a second term if he got in again as he was going to be involved in something that not even his most blinkered could defend. I reckon that his handling of this pandemic and the sheer level of his incompetence being laid bare for all to see will be too much for some, especially when the death toll exceeds 100km which will probably be hit by 1 Jun. There's also bound to be some fallout between him and Fauci/Birx the way things are going. But there's now talk of him scaling back his input into the Covid-19 briefings.
But if theres no viable alternative? Hope he gets the virus as I've said. I messaged my sister saying the same thing but I think she thought I was being over the top.
I must admit its fascinating but in a way it shouldn't be.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I'd have said no chance but then I'd also have said there's no chance people would moan about having to stay in (to avoid the possibility of dying) and not being able to have a haircut.

There seems to be a large proportion who will vote for him regardless and by election time, America may be properly 'open' again and Trump playing the saviour. "We had a good Coronavirus, actually a great Coronavirus. Doctors were amazed how much I knew and WHO (who I've always loved.. great people) are asking me for advice for next time. MAGA"... drops mike.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
It was perfect sarcasm!

I mean have you people even read the transcript??

Eyepopper

Your sarcasm is easier to detect than twatus
He has the best sarcasm though.

A lot of people say it, that its the best sarcasm.

Beautiful sarcasm. So hard to see... like hidden, and invisible sarcasm.

There are some really smart people, maybe genius, I dont know, I guess we'll see. A lot of them say the only way to see it is to gouge your eyes out with a spoon, I'm not saying its the way, but, you know, a lot of people are saying it.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I hope someone doesn't show him the film Fantastic Voyage. He'll be going on about miniature medical submarines
"I saw this movie once, really good movie. Had Martin Short in it. Funny man, nice guy, great person, really liked me. Said I was the funniest person he ever met. He supposedly was able to shrink himself and go inside Dennis Quaid's body. Martin said it's doable, that movie was based on actual research. Think we can do that? I think we can. Look into it, okay?"

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
He has the best sarcasm though.

A lot of people say it, that its the best sarcasm.

Beautiful sarcasm. So hard to see... like hidden, and invisible sarcasm.

There are some really smart people, maybe genius, I dont know, I guess we'll see. A lot of them say the only way to see it is to gouge your eyes out with a spoon, I'm not saying its the way, but, you know, a lot of people are saying it.
Isn't it ironic? And yes I really do think.

kidbob

It's gone well beyond amusing. I shudder to think what happens if he gets a second term without the threat of reelection. Well to be honest I shudder to think what Mitch (let the states who keep my state afloat go bankrupt) McConnell can do with no oversight. It's clear more than ever that this is a cult. His supporters never accept that he's even made one mistake. I hate Joe Biden (even without any allegations he just a bad dude the exact same as Obama and Hillary) but to be honest now is the time to put beliefs aside and just vote the next worse option in. A second term for Trump may mean unfound destruction and unfortunately a no policy, senile twat is the only alternative and he must be picked. I'm endlessly glad that my country has never left me with this option (and we are eve younger than the USA and suffered an even worse and more damaging occupation).

However should Biden get in then all you 'centre' followers need to realise that you need to make the same sacrifices in the following elections. If the hard left save you then you need to start respecting them and voting to help them. You blame 'Bernie Bros' for giving you Trump but the reality is that you stood by watching injustice after injustice against maligned citizens and in your arrogance expected everyone to be happy that it wasn't as bad as a Republican. It's abut time that the majority of Democrats start to realise that this has become life and death, because of the gameplay of the Republicans. The right path isn't just 'left' of their policies but rather the absolute antithesis of them. I'm not saying give up on all your beliefs but for the love of God elect politicians who want money taken out of politics (the biggest problem in America in my opinion), elect those who campaign for the poor (money flows upwards not trickle down), end private prison, end the war on drugs, and most of all elect those who want less military spending. Stop blaming the hard left for all their views and start making concessions to take them on board. You now must understand that you are facing a 40% who will believe whatever the GOP tells them so stop forcing everyone to come to the middle and be willing to meet them half way. Your in the fight for your lives but it certainly ain't ending with Trump.

Reactions: oneniltothearsenal

Foxbatt

Trump is the best not only in sarcasm but he is the best in everything and he knows everything better than anyone else too.

Eyepopper

Isn't it ironic? And yes I really do think.
I was against him from day one, but since he's suggested shoving a UV flashlight up your arse, my position has softened... I've been doing that for years.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I doubt her pay cheque is a huge amount. Probably not much over 100,000. I genuinely think some of these guys see it as duty to their country, regardless of who the president is.
Might not make much sense to us but that's probably how they see it.
Same goes for Fauci who's 79.
They likely cap out around an SES-IV level or thereabouts. So over 200K, granted they'd make far more on the commercial/private market or lecture circuit.

kidbob

I was against him from day one, but since he's suggested shoving a UV flashlight up your arse, my position has softened... I've been doing that for years.
Any interesting discoveries? Outside of realising that anything up the ass is wonderful?

kidbob

They likely cap out around an SES-IV level or thereabouts. So over 200K, granted they'd make far more on the commercial/private market or lecture circuit.
I buy into the idea that they are worried about who their replacements might be. I don't think everyone working with him is bad, although I could well be wrong.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
"Look, he said he was being sarcastic, you just don't believe him because you hate him. I don't, so I believe him." Yes, my Trump supporting relative said this. We mock and mock but A LOT of people buy this shit.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He talks like how he obviously has done bluffing his way through meetings for years. You know when the fecking idiots up top clearly don't know what they're talking about but come out with absolute shite thinking they're getting away with it, and everyone bitches about it afterwards? It's like that but the whole world is attending the meetings.

The guy is genuinely the most perfect example of a moron the world has ever seen.

I'd say it's mad that he managed to make so much money but it often doesn't take brains to do that. It's takes putting your neck and money on the line and in his case and many others - inheriting plenty to begin with. I imagine that provided him with the means to surround himself with the right people. Anyway I digress - he's the biggest moron the world has ever seen.

432JuanMata

It’s the people running against him is the reason he’s president and the reason he’ll stay president for another term.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
It's gone well beyond amusing. I shudder to think what happens if he gets a second term without the threat of reelection. Well to be honest I shudder to think what Mitch (let the states who keep my state afloat go bankrupt) McConnell can do with no oversight. It's clear more than ever that this is a cult. His supporters never accept that he's even made one mistake. I hate Joe Biden (even without any allegations he just a bad dude the exact same as Obama and Hillary) but to be honest now is the time to put beliefs aside and just vote the next worse option in. A second term for Trump may mean unfound destruction and unfortunately a no policy, senile twat is the only alternative and he must be picked. I'm endlessly glad that my country has never left me with this option (and we are eve younger than the USA and suffered an even worse and more damaging occupation).

However should Biden get in then all you 'centre' followers need to realise that you need to make the same sacrifices in the following elections. If the hard left save you then you need to start respecting them and voting to help them. You blame 'Bernie Bros' for giving you Trump but the reality is that you stood by watching injustice after injustice against maligned citizens and in your arrogance expected everyone to be happy that it wasn't as bad as a Republican. It's abut time that the majority of Democrats start to realise that this has become life and death, because of the gameplay of the Republicans. The right path isn't just 'left' of their policies but rather the absolute antithesis of them. I'm not saying give up on all your beliefs but for the love of God elect politicians who want money taken out of politics (the biggest problem in America in my opinion), elect those who campaign for the poor (money flows upwards not trickle down), end private prison, end the war on drugs, and most of all elect those who want less military spending. Stop blaming the hard left for all their views and start making concessions to take them on board. You now must understand that you are facing a 40% who will believe whatever the GOP tells them so stop forcing everyone to come to the middle and be willing to meet them half way. Your in the fight for your lives but it certainly ain't ending with Trump.
Deal with it. He will get 2nd term.

Biden is as crooked as him, I'm started to think Trump cut him some profits and ask him to become a sparring partner. Even after injection gate biden are still sitting quietly. This is a man who doesn't take this fight seriously

Tarrou

it's got to the point where him opening his mouth is putting peoples lives at risk

at what point do the grown ups step in and say enough is enough?

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
it's got to the point where him opening his mouth is putting peoples lives at risk

at what point do the grown ups step in and say enough is enough?
Never because politicians don’t care about the people they care about power, and a lot of the people are brainwashed by his nonsense.

He’s such a prick, but how he’s managed to create a position where effectively he can do and say what he wants without any repercussions is impressive (and fecking scary)

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
There have been some terrible rulers throughout history. Caligula, Commodus, Ivan the Terrible, Leopold

But Trump is up there with the worst of them. One thing is the malice and dishonesty, but the sheer ineptitude and stupidity of that man is pretty hard to surpass. History books in the year 3020 (if earth is still there) will have Trump in the same section as those guys.

Red Stone

I'd say it's mad that he managed to make so much money but it often doesn't take brains to do that.
He didn't, though. His dad did. Trump is an expert at bankruptcy and has less money now than he would have had if he'd just let his dad's money accumulate interest.

He's as shit at business as he is at everything else, including being a decent, smart human being.

FireballXL5

What's he going to do when the Chinese lads start asking for their $211m back?

Last edited:

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I watched Farenheit 11/9 and it's depressing to see that the Dems have done the same thing again with Bernie. It's four more Trumpy years.

Old Ma Crow

He didn't, though. His dad did. Trump is an expert at bankruptcy and has less money now than he would have had if he'd just let his dad's money accumulate interest.

He's as shit at business as he is at everything else, including being a decent, smart human being.
The only 2 major successes he's had are his reality show and having the country line his pocket.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Despite the fact that he is President of the USA and supposedly the most powerful man in the world, it seems to me that he hears tiny snippets of information.
And without any attempt to understand it, he then as libs and trots out this stuff as if he is really clever and understands everything.

Luckily, everyone knows that you should take absolutely no notice of anything he says.

Never seen a president like him for talking total rubbish.
I mean. Can you imagine Obama saying this?
He does it all the time. You often here his three magic words "People don't realize" Or another one he likes is "Not many people know that" Which basically translates to "Everybody knew that apart from my dumb ass and I was only made aware of it about 2 minutes ago"

Last edited:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I used to think he didn't know what he was saying from one day to the next but that's giving him way to much credit.

He doesn't even know what he's saying from the start of a sentence to the end - a rambling drunk or a 96 year old man with dementia in a care home has better sentence cohesion.

It's almost pointless interviewing him now because if he's wrong or lies, he just says "fake news" or waffles and every reporter let's it go because they're too scared of losing their WH accreditation.
He speaks as if real life had the same restrictions as Twitter where you can only use 140 characters. He speaks in short, stunted sentences as if he doesn't want to waste any characters, with each sentence just trailing off with non sequitur after non sequitur. Nothing flows, there's no context to what he's saying. Just a bunch of words all. spoken. like. this. And then it ends and you're greeted with another word salad to decipher.

A good analogy for how his brain works is to picture blowing up a balloon without tying the end, hold it up high, and then let it go and watch on as it violently and sporadically flies around the room. That's what's happening in his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.