The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
And yet he failed to mention the anniversary of the Battle of the Somme in today's session. What a patriot...
I doubt he know that the Battle of the Somme existed. Of if he does he thinks Colonal Sanders won it.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Deadline.com used a tremendous photo of Mick Jagger to head their article about the Stones suing Trump. Mick looks like he's about to be hit by a truck.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
from that Twitter link earlier:

GQ Magazine Correspondent
@juliaioffe
asks, "If kneeling in protest during the national anthem is disrespectful for the troops, what is ignoring intelligence that our troops are being hunted for money?"

Hamnat

Now he's in the hospital in Atlanta with Covid. Funny how that works

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Like clockwork
Do you think taking forces out of Germany - there to help enforce Nato - is a good idea? Who benefits from that, other than our Russian friends?

freeurmind

weak willed
Do you think taking forces out of Germany - there to help enforce Nato - is a good idea? Who benefits from that, other than our Russian friends?
Yes clearly US troops are needed in Germany to prevent a Russian invasion.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Obviously this has zero operational or strategic importance, but I know quite a few people who were stationed in Germany and just based on those stories I'd say the troops that will get moved out will probably be pissed. A lot of them seem to love it out of all the other places they could be stationed at in Europe.

Tucholsky

Supports
VfB Stuttgart
Yes clearly US troops are needed in Germany to prevent a Russian invasion.
Don't know about an invasion of Germany, but Putin stated multiple times, that he wants to bring the states of the former russian/soviet sphere of influence back under "russian control" (foreign policy and economic convergence).
So the Baltic states (incl. Finland), Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, the Balkan states, Ukraine and Eastern Germany have no right to choose their own path and allies.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Obviously this has zero operational or strategic importance, but I know quite a few people who were stationed in Germany and just based on those stories I'd say the troops that will get moved out will probably be pissed. A lot of them seem to love it out of all the other places they could be stationed at in Europe.
Thoroughly enjoyed my six-month stint in Stuttgart.

freeurmind

weak willed
Don't know about an invasion of Germany, but Putin stated multiple times, that he wants to bring the states of the former russian/soviet sphere of influence back under "russian control" (foreign policy and economic convergence).
So the Baltic states (incl. Finland), Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, the Balkan states, Ukraine and Eastern Germany have no right to choose their own path and allies.
Yes thank goodness for those US troops in Germany that have so deterred Russia from annexing parts of sovereign countries.

Tucholsky

Supports
VfB Stuttgart
Yes thank goodness for those US troops in Germany that have so deterred Russia from annexing parts of sovereign countries.
Oh great, first arguing that American troops are not needed in Europe/Germany and then complaining that they didn't stop Russsia from annexing part of Ukraine. Maybe it is time that you develop a more complex and nuanced view of international security policy, or you are just trolling...

freeurmind

weak willed
Oh great, first arguing that American troops are not needed in Europe/Germany and then complaining that they didn't stop Russsia from annexing part of Ukraine. Maybe it is time that you develop a more complex and nuanced view of international security policy, or you are just trolling...
My point is that those troops and bases don't seem to be serving any meaningful purpose apart from draining the American taxpayer.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006

".... and the Covid numbers, beautiful, Oklahoma, great state, strong Govener, where we took the show... before Trump 100 a day, 2 weeks, 2 weeks!, after Trump... 600, 600 cases a day... Now I don't know, a lot of people say it, but thats, like 1000% increase, the biggest increase, much bigger than Obama ever saw. I mean, that's good, right, no one has thanked me, but that's OK. And sleepy Joe isn't even having rallies!"

Last edited:

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Because, you know, when your country is in the grip of a lethal pandemic, this is the sort of stuff you hope your Dear Leader is waking up with on his mind...

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He's declared war on Fox 'cos he plans to scoop up their viewers post-presidency. Imagine the schedule on TrumpTV:

9am: Your Favourite ex-President
9pm: The Sooty Show
10pm: World's Deadliest Anti-fascists
11pm: America's Next Top Mistress
4am: Triumph of the Will
6am: From Russia with Lust
7am: Ivanka's Jewellery Store featuring MAGA Merchandise
8pm: The Black and Black Minstrel Show

Fingeredmouse

He's declared war on Fox 'cos he plans to scoop up their viewers post-presidency. Imagine the schedule on TrumpTV:

9am: Your Favourite ex-President
9pm: The Sooty Show
10pm: World's Deadliest Anti-fascists
11pm: America's Next Top Mistress
4am: Triumph of the Will
6am: From Russia with Lust
7am: Ivanka's Jewellery Store featuring MAGA Merchandise
8pm: The Black and Black Minstrel Show
Third Reich from the Sun?

Status
Not open for further replies.