The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I didn't though. In the 181 weeks since inauguration, it's 125 rounds for Trump to 102 for Obama. There's a lot - infinite ammunition - to get at Trump with, but if you've got to include unconfirmed reports of rounds of golf in Trump's stats to make it look bad (with unconfirmed rounds it's 262 for Trump), then I'd be picking a different stick to beat him with.
You’re being very selective with your numbers. To think that his actual golfing rounds are less than half of his appearances at his golf courses is being obtuse at best. I agree that the number isn’t 262 due to the small amount of visits that are less than an hour, but anything over two hours strongly suggests of golf being played.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I didn't though. In the 181 weeks since inauguration, it's 125 rounds for Trump to 102 for Obama. There's a lot - infinite ammunition - to get at Trump with, but if you've got to include unconfirmed reports of rounds of golf in Trump's stats to make it look bad (with unconfirmed rounds it's 262 for Trump), then I'd be picking a different stick to beat him with.
The Obama number is just a total of visits. Not ‘confirmed’ with club in hand. I’ve got that right haven’t I?

Whereas they were forced to provide two numbers for Trump as he insisted he wasn’t always playing golf when at his golf clubs.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
You’re being very selective with your numbers. To think that his actual golfing rounds are less than half of his appearances at his golf courses is being obtuse at best. I agree that the number isn’t 262 due to the small amount of visits that are less than an hour, but anything over two hours strongly suggests of golf being played.
Regardless... hes a VERY fast player and gets a lot of work done on the golf course

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Even worse. 30 minute cash grab.

I read he charged extra amount for his entourage. Secret service protecting him in maralago would still have to pay

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Wait, so all the dude has to do to shield himself from criticism is refuse to confirm if he played golf or not?

"Well, he didn't say he played golf Geoff, and since he banned the press pool we can't find out. Guess we'll have to take him at his word."

But even if we (heh) take him at his word he's played nearly 25% more confirmed rounds of golf than Obama despite Obama being regularly criticised by him for playing too much golf . This despite being forced into a 2 month golfing hiatus (the horror) due to a fecking pandemic. It's worthy of criticism even if we assume total transparency, which we shouldn't, because he's Donald fecking Trump.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Even worse. 30 minute cash grab.

I read he charged extra amount for his entourage. Secret service protecting him in maralago would still have to pay
Yep. That’s where this is just pure grift, that’s the most important thing here. But, so many keep moving their mental goalposts for this not to seem to matter that much. It’s one of those ‘if any other administration did something like this...’ events.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
on a scale of thinking its ok to "grab em by the pu$$y", that his daughter is a piece of ass and you know the whole ineptitude in CV19 probably killing hundreds of thousands of people I thinking that its not that bad in the grand trumpy scheme
I dunno, among golfers it may be.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
on a scale of thinking its ok to "grab em by the pu$$y", that his daughter is a piece of ass and you know the whole ineptitude in CV19 probably killing hundreds of thousands of people I thinking that its not that bad in the grand trumpy scheme
Definitely not, but it goes to show how completely different the world is today.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Tbf he got things done in a very ruthless efficient manner.

Selfish mind boggling Policies got signed and here we are talking about golfs.

We're laughing at him but it's him who gets the last laugh. We're just toddlers being distracted with candies while he's banging the babysitter

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Yep, media goes for it every time.

Back to the important stuff; his administration’s Covid response, amongst others incl Roger Stone....
He’s really fecked up on both counts. These are the nails he should be crucified with.

Last edited:

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Tbf he got things done in a very ruthless efficient manner.

Selfish mind boggling Policies got signed and here we are talking about golfs.

We're laughing at him but it's him who gets the last laugh. We're just toddlers being distracted with candies while he's banging the babysitter
Not exclusively. Plenty of words have been written about the selfish, mind boggling policies too.

There's also plenty of value in pointing to Nero fiddling.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I'm just wondering how everyone would feel about Trump winning a second term, and the constitution being changed so that Presidents can now have unlimited terms of five years, and then after he wins his third election he takes his mask off to reveal that he's been Joaquin Phoenix this entire time.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Guardian said:
Donald Trump Jr’s new anti-Biden book misplaces apostrophe in title
Liberal Privilege, which he is self-publishing in August, is subtitled ‘Joe Biden and the Democrat’s Defense of the Indefensible’
Smrat jeanes.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I'm just wondering how everyone would feel about Trump winning a second term, and the constitution being changed so that Presidents can now have unlimited terms of five years, and then after he wins his third election he takes his mask off to reveal that he's been Joaquin Phoenix this entire time.
As long as I get to challenge him in the colloseum without interference from the praetorians.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Yeah, but surely this is a battle that not even Trump could expect to win. I could kind of understand it if the numbers were going down but cases are spiking everywhere and Fauci is trying to warn everybody and constantly having to fact-check this dumbass president. The CDC are completely spineless and have failed the American people miserably all because of pandering to the dictator's ego.

Don't the US people actually care about the pandemic? I don't get it? The headline although possibly a bit sensationalist is just fecked up. "...for disagreeing with the President in favour of science" is just wrong on so many levels.
Quote from a CNN article I read: "One senior administration official told CNN that some officials within the White House do not trust Fauci. According to the source, those officials think Fauci doesn't have the best interest of the President [in mind], pointing to interviews where he openly disagrees with what Trump has said." Basically everyone around Trump is in constant campaign mode, so everything always only and exclusively is about making Trump look good. It's common to some degree, but this is totally insane.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Quote from a CNN article I read: "One senior administration official told CNN that some officials within the White House do not trust Fauci. According to the source, those officials think Fauci doesn't have the best interest of the President [in mind], pointing to interviews where he openly disagrees with what Trump has said." Basically everyone around Trump is in constant campaign mode, so everything always only and exclusively is about making Trump look good. It's common to some degree, but this is totally insane.

That's just fecked up. Fauci's a career professional. Why should he have the interests of the President in mind? And shame on the GOP for caring more about that sick bastard than the American people. COVID just needs to wipe the feckers out.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
That bounty story, which was based on anonymous intelligence sources, looks like it's lost a lot of substance. First Colin Powell, who is as untrustworthy as much as anonymous intelligence agencies, publicly doubted it, and now this:
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/na...russian-bounties-was-less-conclusive-n1233199

Because of the story, the bipartisan foreign policy establishment halted the withdrawal of US troops from Afghanistan. If one wanted to be conspiratorial (and why not), one could say the story had done its job.

bleedred

That's just fecked up. Fauci's a career professional. Why should he have the interests of the President in mind? And shame on the GOP for caring more about that sick bastard than the American people. COVID just needs to wipe the feckers out.
I am surprised that Fauci has stayed this long given the stick he has been getting. I can see in a couple of months down the line he is going to be made the scapegoat for the response and deaths. The right would just eat it up!

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I am surprised that Fauci has stayed this long given the stick he has been getting. I can see in a couple of months down the line he is going to be made the scapegoat for the response and deaths. The right would just eat it up!
I don't think the country would allow that. And I'm pretty certain that if he was to be made the fall guy, he could quite comfortably do a lot of damage to the moron-in-charge.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Wasn’t that the Democratic Senator who lost both her legs fighting for her country who he called a coward? So many gutless smears, so little time..

It was actually Tucker Carlson on Fox News that called her a coward, not Trump. He also hadn't done any service either like Trump.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Also about McCain, Trump saying he prefers his war heroes not captured. I wouldn't normally care, but given the stuff he and his followers say about veterans, it's unbelievable that Trump's own 'military record' is not used against him more.

Status
Not open for further replies.