The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

sport2793

Trump has it, he would be the first to declare a negative test, let's see how long it takes for them to own up to it.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Either that or its an excuse to get out of further debates and save face.
He'd just use the rule change to get out of the debates. This means he's giving up rallies, which are the only things that give him validation in life.

In real terms, this is a very precarious situation for the United States. If both Trump and Pence were incapacitated, there is no way that this administration would allow for the line of succession to be followed, unless there are dead bodies.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He'd just use the rule change to get out of the debates. This means he's giving up rallies, which are the only things that give him validation in life.

In real terms, this is a very precarious situation for the United States. If both Trump and Pence were incapacitated, there is no way that this administration would allow for the line of succession to be followed, unless there are dead bodies.
Isn't Pelosi next in line? I can see McTurtle's head exploding

mav_9me

Why would they be incapacitated? Do you mean if they are in physical danger? Cuz if they are in quarantine they should still be able to carry on daily duties no?

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Why would they be incapacitated? Do you mean if they are in physical danger? Cuz if they are in quarantine they should still be able to carry on daily duties no?
Trump is both obese and elderly. There's not an insignificant chance of him going the same way Boris did. Pence is a decade younger and looks reasonably spry. Reckon it's much more of a long shot with him.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I think he means if they’re both hospitalised/die.

In that scenario the speaker of the house becomes President.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Isn't Pelosi next in line? I can see McTurtle's head exploding
Yes, but the Cabinet would have to declare them incapable of fulfilling their duties for her to step in, I believe.

Incapacitated as in too ill to perform their duties as president and vice president. If Trump is incapacitated, Pence takes over and there's a whole process for the Cabinet to approve that for some period of time. Example: if both were put on ventilators like Boris was at the same time, there'd be no acting President because I can't see the Cabinet going through the process that would allow Pelosi to step in.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Yes, but the Cabinet would have to declare them incapable of fulfilling their duties for her to step in, I believe.

Incapacitated as in too ill to perform their duties as president and vice president. If Trump is incapacitated, Pence takes over and there's a whole process for the Cabinet to approve that for some period of time. Example: if both were put on ventilators like Boris was at the same time, there'd be no acting President because I can't see the Cabinet going through the process that would allow Pelosi to step in.
Definitely not with this current Cabinet makeup.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Hope he gets the bad kind. The types that makes his sugary cereal taste like the puke
I hope he doesn’t have it. I want him to suffer a huge loss at the polls. It’s far more important that his politics are defeated.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
There is a god!!! I prayed to Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha and Ganesh. Now I need to find out who pulled the trigger on the cnut.
It wasn’t your prayer, it was merely Hope.

SirAF

Ageist
There is a god!!! I prayed to Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha and Ganesh. Now I need to find out who pulled the trigger on the cnut.
Knowing his luck he’ll only get the sniffles though :lol: However, he is a fat feck...

Interval

Level
I hope he doesn’t have it. I want him to suffer a huge loss at the polls. It’s far more important that his politics are defeated.
He has no politics. His politics is himself. Him being weak and unable to trash talk will be good enough to ensure he loses.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Wonder if we are going to see a change in messaging about the virus now that Trump has it. Though knowing Trump, he will manage to not have any symptoms and declare it nothing and push to open everything up further.

SirAF

Ageist
Wonder if we are going to see a change in messaging about the virus now that Trump has it. Though knowing Trump, he will manage to not have any symptoms and declare it nothing and push to open everything up further.
100% the latter if it’s mild.

Status
Not open for further replies.